907 5 2021-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Weird thing yesterday.  I flew in misty conditions, visibility about 25 metres.  It was probably a bit too misty to fly really. The Mini 2 kept insisting it was landing, even though it was at least 50 metres high.  Later on that day, once the mist had cleared, it was fine.

I can only assume that the optical flow sensors were assuming that the mist was the ground and it thought it was landing.  A cautionary tale.

A.

2021-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there A. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that flying in heavy fog, mist or clouds may make the gimbal and the said DJI Drone wet, leading to temporarily failure. The said DJI Drone will recover it's full function once it is dry. For reference I will post some Flight Environment Requirements. Thank you and fly safe always.

2021-12-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You might like to read

https://forum.dji.com/thread-233210-1-1.html
2021-12-27
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-27 02:23
You might like to read

https://forum.dji.com/thread-233210-1-1.html

Yep.  Sounds the same.
2021-12-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It happens indeed, although I have flown successfully in mist.
2021-12-27
Use props
HighInBC
lvl.2
Philippines

It would be nice to be able to disable the downward sensor through the app for various situations. Not just when it is getting erroneous readings but also when you want to fly near the ground or through a window. As it is you have to tape over it to disable it.
2022-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules