https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android
2021-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now we just need it for IOS and the Litchi to update for it too.
2021-12-30
Use props
Charl07
lvl.1
France

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 02:05

Yeah, I hope Litchi doesn't take too long to update.
2021-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Charl07 Posted at 12-30 02:16
Yeah, I hope Litchi doesn't take too long to update.

I cant find any Litchi forum to be able to ask what their plans are.
2021-12-30
Use props
BlueSkyClive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 896565 ft
United Kingdom

Still 4.15.2 on DJI's own website: https://developer.dji.com/

Can't see 4.16 on the link given by OP either?
2021-12-30
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Does 4.16 include support for the Mini 2? I couldn't see it mentioned and I have a vague memory of seeing somewhere that the Mini 2 was going to be supported from version 5...
2021-12-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great news and thanks for sharing.  
2021-12-30
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

No Original Thought Posted at 12-30 03:18
Does 4.16 include support for the Mini 2? I couldn't see it mentioned and I have a vague memory of seeing somewhere that the Mini 2 was going to be supported from version 5...

Yes, indeed it does!
At least it says to on DJI Developer SDK Roadmap
2021-12-30
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Yaros1 Posted at 12-30 04:53
Yes, indeed it does!
At least it says to on DJI Developer SDK Roadmap

Fingers crossed then.

Maybe they havent fully updated GitHub yet - the devices page in the API documentation doesn't mention the Mini 2 and hasn't been updated in 4 months...
2021-12-30
Use props
aairon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72831 ft

United States

BlueSkyClive Posted at 12-30 03:10
Still 4.15.2 on DJI's own website: https://developer.dji.com/

Can't see 4.16 on the link given by OP either?

DJI Mobile SDK for Android Latest Version 4.16
What Is This?

The DJI Mobile SDK enables you to automate your DJI Product. You can control flight, and many subsystems of the product including the camera and gimbal. Using the Mobile SDK, create a customized mobile app to unlock the full potential of your DJI aerial platform.
Integration

Declare dependency via Maven:

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.dji</groupId>
    <artifactId>dji-sdk</artifactId>
    <version>4.15.1</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.dji</groupId>
    <artifactId>dji-sdk-provided</artifactId>
    <version>4.15.1</version>
</dependency>

or Gradle:

compile 'com.dji:dji-sdk:4.15.1'
provided 'com.dji:dji-sdk-provided:4.15.1'

For further detail on how to integrate the DJI Android SDK into your Android Studio project, please check the Integrate SDK into Application tutorial.
Running the SDK Sample Code

Developers can run the sample application to immediately run code and see how the DJI Mobile SDK can be used.

One of DJI's aircraft or handheld cameras will be required to run the sample application.
Development Workflow

From registering as a developer, to deploying an application, the following will take you through the full Mobile SDK Application development process:

Prerequisites
    Register as DJI Developer & Download SDK
    Integrate SDK into Application
    Run Application
    Testing, Profiling & Debugging
    Deploy

Sample Projects & Tutorials

Several Android tutorials are provided as examples on how to use different features of the Mobile SDK and debug tools includes:

Application Activation and Aircraft Binding
    Getting Started with UX SDK
    Camera Application
    MapView and Waypoint Application (GaodeMap)
    MapView and Waypoint Application (GoogleMap)
    TapFly and ActiveTrack Application
    Simulator Application
    GEO System Application

Learn More about DJI Products and the Mobile SDK

Please visit DJI Mobile SDK Documentation for more details.
DJI Mobile UX SDK

DJI Mobile UX SDK is a suite of product agnostic UI objects that fast tracks the development of iOS applications using the DJI Mobile SDK. For more details, please check here.
Device Health Information Json File

You can find the hms.json and hms_match_sdkerror.json files in this repo's root folder.

It contains error code and detailed description for device components. Only supported by some components of Matrice 300 RTK and Zenmuse H20 series.

It is recommended to use device health information to replace old diagnostics for flight controller and RTK. There will be a few duplicated component error for gimbal, battery, perception module on Matrice 300 RTK.

Please refer to the table below for duplicated error:
DJIDiagnosticsError         Enum Value         AlarmId
BATTERY_DISCHARGE_OVER_CURRENT         3001         0x110B0001
BATTERY_DISCHARGE_OVER_HEAT         3002         0x110B0002
BATTERY_LOW_TEMPERATURE         3003         0x110B0003
BATTERY_CELL_BROKEN         3004         0x110B0006
GIMBAL_CONNECT_TO_FC_ERROR         2005         0x1D030001
GIMBAL_GYROSCOPE_ERROR         2001         0x1D040002
GIMBAL_PITCH_ERROR         2002         0x1D040004
GIMBAL_ROLL_ERROR         2003         0x1D040003
GIMBAL_YAW_ERROR         2004         0x1D040005
ProGuard

If you're planning on optimizing your app with ProGuard, you can add the following rules to your app's proguard.cfg file:

For AAR file, please use the following rule:

"-libraryjars ./PATH_TO_THIS_FILE/dji_android_sdk.aar"

For API Library folder, please use the rules in proguard-project file.

Note: There are two types of DJI Android SDK: AAR and API Library folder, you can download them from DJI Developer Website: http://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/downloads/.

SDK Keys

SDK Keys can be used as an alternative interface to access the product.

A detailed introduction for SDK Keys is here.
Missions Refactor

Missions are an important part of the SDK as they allow developers to automate DJI's products using a simple, high level interface. In 4.0, missions are being refactored to be more robust and easier to manage.

A detailed introduction for missions is here.
Android Bridge App

Please check this link to download the apk of the Android Bridge App apk file.
SDK API Reference

Android SDK API Documentation
License

The DJI Android SDK is dynamically linked with unmodified libraries of FFmpeg licensed under the LGPLv3.0. The source code of these FFmpeg libraries, the compilation instructions, and the LGPL v3.0 license are provided in Github.

The DJI Android SDK is dynamically linked with unmodified libraries of JTS Topology Suite licensed under the LGPLv3.0.
Support

You can get support from DJI with the following methods:

Post questions in DJI Developer Forums: Chinese Forum , English Forum

Join Us

DJI is looking for all kinds of Software Engineers to continue building the Future of Possible. Available positions in Shenzhen, China and around the world. If you are interested, please send your resume to software-sz@dji.com. For more details, and list of all our global offices, please check https://we.dji.com/jobs_en.html.

DJI 招软件工程师啦,based在深圳,如果你想和我们一起把DJI产品做得更好,请发送简历到 software-sz@dji.com. 或者在这里提交您的简历:https://we.dji.com/zh-CN/positio ... 1382258951346253824 更多岗位详情请浏览 https://we.dji.com/zh-CN/social.
2021-12-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From what i can see, it still only includes Mini not Mini2, there is however, a beta v5 on there, unless that's for sommat else?....But then, what do i know lol

Its now showing on the SDK page for SE and Mini 2, it wasn't at the time i 1st  posted this reply, 3 hours ago....
2021-12-30
Use props
LoQdisMavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2508570 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2021-12-30 02:05

Litchi has a Beta that works.....and the waypoints work too!
Didn;t work on my Google Pixek 5, but worked on my Samsung Tab A
2022-1-1
Use props
GameofDronesAerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2508570 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2021-12-30 02:19
I cant find any Litchi forum to be able to ask what their plans are.

Subscribe to their Facebook:  Litchi App Users
https://www.facebook.com/groups/941966169197566
2022-1-1
Use props
HighInBC
lvl.2
Philippines

This is great. I was really hoping this would happen eventually. +1 for DJI.
2022-1-1
Use props
aairon
lvl.2

United States

Got to thoroughly test Lichi 3970 beta with the Mavic Mini SE.
I tested the GPS following and it worked perfectly, I tested Tracking which uses algorithm to track an object image and it worked as expected, it can be fooled and lose track but unless something blocks the image it stays on target pretty good. way points work as expected no issues, orbit is good, I did a panorama shot horizon only and it came out perfect 360 view. I have the idea that it's somehow giving me noticeably more range then possible with the DJI fly app but will do a definitive test on that next good weather. So far I'm very happy.
2022-1-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LoQdisMavic Posted at 1-1 13:49
Litchi has a Beta that works.....and the waypoints work too!
Didn;t work on my Google Pixek 5, but worked on my Samsung Tab A

Just saw that on the Youtube.    No mention of what the version number is though.
2022-1-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GameofDronesAerial Posted at 1-1 13:58
Subscribe to their Facebook:  Litchi App Users
https://www.facebook.com/groups/941966169197566

Sadly not on Facebook and have no plans as the group is private.
2022-1-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aairon Posted at 1-1 19:20
Got to thoroughly test Lichi 3970 beta with the Mavic Mini SE.
I tested the GPS following and it worked perfectly, I tested Tracking which uses algorithm to track an object image and it worked as expected, it can be fooled and lose track but unless something blocks the image it stays on target pretty good. way points work as expected no issues, orbit is good, I did a panorama shot horizon only and it came out perfect 360 view. I have the idea that it's somehow giving me noticeably more range then possible with the DJI fly app but will do a definitive test on that next good weather. So far I'm very happy.

Is it still using virtual sticks for the waypoints?
2022-1-2
Use props
aairon
lvl.2

United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-2 01:37
Is it still using virtual sticks for the waypoints?

Yes it's a limitation with the SDK DJI released.
DJI electronically castrates their "lesser" drones in order to offer different tiers with the same hardware.
The drone is capable  to some degree of storing way-point info onboard but access is locked by DJI in the SDK.
2022-1-2
Use props
aairon
lvl.2

United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-2 01:36
Sadly not on Facebook and have no plans as the group is private.

It's only private in name. they will let anyone who requests to join within a minute or two of the request.
2022-1-2
Use props
srdyiop
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-2 01:36
Sadly not on Facebook and have no plans as the group is private.

Facebook is a worthless tool to invest your thoughts into, dedicate a huge amount of time and effort into a site that will on a whim just DELETE your account without warning or explanation no thanks.

I stopped investing my time into Farcebook back in the day when they started FORCING users to install the Facbook app on their cell phones or else! I could not afford a compatible phone at the time and realized the implications of doing so.
2022-1-2
Use props
aairon
lvl.2

United States

srdyiop Posted at 1-2 06:18
Facebook is a worthless tool to invest your thoughts into, dedicate a huge amount of time and effort into a site that will on a whim just DELETE your account without warning or explanation no thanks.

I stopped investing my time into Farcebook back in the day when they started FORCING users to install the Facbook app on their cell phones or else! I could not afford a compatible phone at the time and realized the implications of doing so.

I just don't "devote" any time or effort into face book, and DEFINITLY MY THOUGHTS lol.

I go check out the group make any comments I like then I leave.

I can't ever recall anything demanding or even asking me to install the face book app on any device I've ever had, though I normally only use my desktop pc.
I strongly recommend not getting obsessed with facebook, if you can't do that I would definitly stay away lol.

2022-1-2
Use props
Onl0oker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120722 ft
United States

Hi, new to the drone world; having lots of fun with my Mini SE'.    One of the features I find myself wanting is following a track/waypoints *OUTSIDE transmitter range...

Anyone know of an app; or familiar with the internals of the Mini SE/2; that would allow a route/coordinates to be inserted into the drone; it ignore any signal/transmitter loss , follow the route before returning to home?
I have a remote property that would be easily within return trip range; but insufficient transmitter range on the mini se(mini 2 might work, but not with the forests/line of sight). I know the legal questions(FYI, not in USA and < 250g is officially 'unregulated' at this time; ie: Authorization zones approved w/o 'authorization, as it is not, not given for < 250g) around it, but it is very remote with no humans/structures or anything except birds to make it a bad time.

Yeah to drive in as far as I can, set home point; tell it to fly out(ideally set cam direction/gimbal) recording as it flys a track at X points/ altitudes before returning home @ RTH altitude would be more fun I could squeeze out of it.  

Possible? or is all the flying mostly done from the 'connected' app.

2022-1-2
Use props
aairon
lvl.2

United States

Onl0oker Posted at 1-2 11:19
Hi, new to the drone world; having lots of fun with my Mini SE'.    One of the features I find myself wanting is following a track/waypoints *OUTSIDE transmitter range...

Anyone know of an app; or familiar with the internals of the Mini SE/2; that would allow a route/coordinates to be inserted into the drone; it ignore any signal/transmitter loss , follow the route before returning to home?

No DJI has blocked that capability in the SDK. Litchi is far better then DJI FLY!
2022-1-2
Use props
Onl0oker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120722 ft
United States

aairon Posted at 1-2 12:10
No DJI has blocked that capability in the SDK. Litchi is far better then DJI FLY!

Drag!  DJI is sure bad for restrictions; although it seemed like the next? leading drone manuf. was going in similar direction... I wonder if any other manufs you can  do the route thing outside of transmit range..
I wonder, can the Mavic Mini do it/ Older SDK etc.   
2022-1-2
Use props
aairon
lvl.2

United States

Onl0oker Posted at 1-2 13:05
Drag!  DJI is sure bad for restrictions; although it seemed like the next? leading drone manuf. was going in similar direction... I wonder if any other manufs you can  do the route thing outside of transmit range..
I wonder, can the Mavic Mini do it/ Older SDK etc.

I'm pretty sure you can pay much more for a DJI drone that does indeed have the capability allowed by DJI.

You might search for onboard waypoints.
It's a business and it's all about $$$$ after all.
There is a lot of B.S. when discussing onboard waypoints by DJI fan boys saying how "it's not done for safety reasons"  

But you can buy a more expensive DJI drone and that will take onboard waypoints.

2022-1-2
Use props
TastyChimera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48583 ft
Canada

aairon Posted at 1-2 12:10

Huh? What? That sentence is not structured correctly...   
How, is Litchi better than DJI FLY? If neither will have the ability to do waypoints on the Mini 2 due to it not being available in the SDK?
2022-1-2
Use props
aairon
lvl.2

United States

TastyChimera Posted at 1-2 14:41
Huh? What? That sentence is not structured correctly...   
How, is Litchi better than DJI FLY? If neither will have the ability to do waypoints on the Mini 2 due to it not being available in the SDK?

We're specificly discussing ON-BOARD way-points.

Sorry for the confusion, BOTH CAN do way-points, I don't think I said that.
The ON-BOARD! way-point ability has been rendered useless by the fact that the DJI SDK will not allow it by DJI's choice.
For stick way-points Litchi or Dronelink are far better as they posses far more parameters to smooth out the issues folks have with stick way-points, IE 200ms lag on inputs.
Hope that clears it up a little.
P.S. these are only my opinions.
2022-1-2
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Here is a video that talks a little about this also:

2022-1-2
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

Does the RC controller with Mini 2 and the Flight Simulator App work with the 4.1.6 Android SDK ???
2022-1-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aairon Posted at 1-2 04:59
It's only private in name. they will let anyone who requests to join within a minute or two of the request.

Well as I need Facebook account its not happening.
2022-1-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

srdyiop Posted at 1-2 06:18
Facebook is a worthless tool to invest your thoughts into, dedicate a huge amount of time and effort into a site that will on a whim just DELETE your account without warning or explanation no thanks.

I stopped investing my time into Farcebook back in the day when they started FORCING users to install the Facbook app on their cell phones or else! I could not afford a compatible phone at the time and realized the implications of doing so.

I totally argree srdyiop.
2022-1-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

aairon Posted at 1-2 04:55
Yes it's a limitation with the SDK DJI released.
DJI electronically castrates their "lesser" drones in order to offer different tiers with the same hardware.
The drone is capable  to some degree of storing way-point info onboard but access is locked by DJI in the SDK.

I might just stick with the mavic 2 pro for waypoint stuff then.
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_vbuaPwAgylgL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1220443 ft
Germany

Thx. Can you give some quick tips how to install the SDK on my Galaxy S10 please? I want to fly with Dronelink.
2022-1-3
Use props
aairon
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_vbuaPwAgylgL Posted at 1-3 07:09
Thx. Can you give some quick tips how to install the SDK on my Galaxy S10 please? I want to fly with Dronelink.

You don't install a SDK it's for developers to use to create their own applications like Dronelink and Litchi. If you want to install Dronelink simply go to the dronelink web page and download the beta. You can google dronelink or Litchi and find out.
2022-1-3
Use props
aairon
lvl.2

United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-3 01:27
Well as I need Facebook account its not happening.

Great! problem solved :-D
2022-1-3
Use props
aairon
lvl.2

United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-3 01:28
I totally argree srdyiop.

I'd rather open a Facebook account then be a slave to the crappy DJI fly app lol.
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_yB9yuJ0zRdKv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 907858 ft
United Kingdom

It works with Rainbow
Active track/waypoints all working
Screenshot_20220103-193128_Rainbow.jpg
2022-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 2021-12-30 02:05

Its already in beta for litchi.
2022-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

aairon Posted at 1-3 09:26
I'd rather open a Facebook account then be a slave to the crappy DJI fly app lol.

What’s wrong with fly app, for 5/6 years people around here been complaining about go4 app, this can easily be seen by its ratings on App Store and google. So what’s so crappy about it.
2022-1-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules