726 13 2022-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was emailing GPC in December to see about a custom case to hold the Mini 2 Fly More with Smart Controller, but was told they had one in the works. Well was able to purchase it earlier this week, and it finally showed up today. Its slightly smaller than my DJI made Mavic 2 case. Odd part is they still don't show this listed on their website. I'm unsure also why the remote cutout is made to have the sticks installed but facing down, and then the small storage spots which to me would damage the screen after time. So I guess if you want to store it with sticks attached face down you wouldn't use those spots for anything. But if you use the spots you can store screen up but then the sticks need to be removed or the lid foam puts odd pressure on them. I ended up going screen up and put the SRC charger and cable under the remote in those spots. mini 2 case.jpg
mini 2 case 2.jpg

mini 2 case 3.jpg

2022-2-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't have the SC but I would prefer to have the screen and sticks down.
2022-2-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That looks pretty smart.
2022-2-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice case.    Screen up and store underneath would be my preference.  
2022-2-13
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Nice case. What's the outside like?

Personally I've have guessed that the SC would go face down and that the cutout was to protect the screen as even foam can scratch a screen over time. Is the cut out bugger or smaller than the screen? (I don't have the SC, sadly, way too expensive)
2022-2-14
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 2-14 02:00
Nice case. What's the outside like?

Personally I've have guessed that the SC would go face down and that the cutout was to protect the screen as even foam can scratch a screen over time. Is the cut out bugger or smaller than the screen? (I don't have the SC, sadly, way too expensive)

the cutout is smaller than the screen
2022-2-14
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 2-14 06:05
the cutout is smaller than the screen

Ah, OK, so there woudl still be foam contact with the screen itself.. gotcha.
2022-2-14
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 2-14 09:17
Ah, OK, so there woudl still be foam contact with the screen itself.. gotcha.

I do have a tempered glass screen guard on the remote. but yes still seems bad to store screen down with the charger block and cable in the cutout spots
2022-2-14
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 2-14 09:27
I do have a tempered glass screen guard on the remote. but yes still seems bad to store screen down with the charger block and cable in the cutout spots

Ooooh, I'd certainly not be storing anything under it if it were screen down... as I said I thought the cutout was to keep even the foam away from the screen, but it seems not if the cut out is smaller. Surely the manufacturers don't expect you to store stuf under there next to your screen?
2022-2-14
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 2-14 09:38
Ooooh, I'd certainly not be storing anything under it if it were screen down... as I said I thought the cutout was to keep even the foam away from the screen, but it seems not if the cut out is smaller. Surely the manufacturers don't expect you to store stuf under there next to your screen?

i wouldnt anyways. but since this case still isnt listed on GPC website i have no image of how or what storage like all the other cases they sell. they always have the pics showing the cases full and then empty
2022-2-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice!
2022-2-18
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

TruGreen, where did you get the "tempered" glass screen guard?  Did you happen to get a lanyard and bolts?
2022-4-1
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 4-1 12:51
TruGreen, where did you get the "tempered" glass screen guard?  Did you happen to get a lanyard and bolts?

i got the screen guard from ebay. just search "dji smart controller tempered glass screen guard" then i got the cheapest i could find. i only wanted to prevent scratches so no worried on drop protection. and the lanyard i got from tinyrigs.com they are the only place ive found with folding "D" rings
2022-4-1
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

TruGreen Posted at 4-1 14:00
i got the screen guard from ebay. just search "dji smart controller tempered glass screen guard" then i got the cheapest i could find. i only wanted to prevent scratches so no worried on drop protection. and the lanyard i got from tinyrigs.com they are the only place ive found with folding "D" rings

TrueGreen, thanks much for the information, you sound happy with yours, I will check it out.
2022-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules