Video Issue
1503 16 2022-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomGaz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2857261 ft
Australia

There have been a couple of times when I have experienced video "glitches" in my recently purchased Air2S. The source file (5.4k/30fps/h.265/.mov/10bit dlog) was dowloaded onto a desktop and also a laptop to determine if it may have been the computer’s video card. The issue presents exactly the same on both computers. Is it a drone problem or perhaps a faulty memory card? Screen shots of the two (2) issues are attached along with screen shots taken one (1) frame before the issue occurs for comparison purpose.

Frame before video glitch 1

Frame before video glitch 1

Video glitch 1

Video glitch 1

Frame before video glitch 2

Frame before video glitch 2

Video glitch 2

Video glitch 2
2022-3-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there PhantomGaz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Air 2S to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-3-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-5 20:44
Hello there PhantomGaz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Air 2S to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

It's hard to see how any of those three things could have any effect on his video.
2022-3-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Where did that video come from?
Was it from the SD card or somewhere else?
2022-3-5
Use props
PhantomGaz
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-5 20:44
Hello there PhantomGaz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Air 2S to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

Stephen, I use an iPhone 12; the issue has occurred at different locations; the video source and the issue/ glitch originates only from the SD card & not from transmission from drone to remote/iPhone.
2022-3-5
Use props
PhantomGaz
lvl.2
Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-5 21:35
Where did that video come from?
Was it from the SD card or somewhere else?

SD Card only
2022-3-5
Use props
PhantomGaz
lvl.2
Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-5 21:30
It's hard to see how any of those three things could have any effect on his video.

I believe you are correct
2022-3-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Just to check/eliminate the obvious, ....
Have you tried other cards?
Is the card rated at a suitable speed?
2022-3-5
Use props
PhantomGaz
lvl.2
Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-5 22:44
Just to check/eliminate the obvious, ....
Have you tried other cards?
Is the card rated at a suitable speed?

Unfortunately I don’t have another SD card; I will buy another. Yes, it meets speed requirements.
2022-3-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try filming in H264 you find your computer doesn't have the power for h265.   It needs a really new CPU to decode properly.
2022-3-6
Use props
PhantomGaz
lvl.2
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 01:07
Try filming in H264 you find your computer doesn't have the power for h265.   It needs a really new CPU to decode properly.

Thanks for your comment. My desktop has a high spec video card, CPU is older. Laptop is older. Not sure if this is relevant but in both computers to edit (Davinci Resolve Studio version) I produce a proxy media file. This file also has exactly the same issue. To restate/clarify, the source file ie copied from SD card has these issue(s).
2022-3-6
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PhantomGaz Posted at 3-5 22:58
Unfortunately I don’t have another SD card; I will buy another. Yes, it meets speed requirements.

Regardless if it meets speed requirements, there are plenty of counterfeit cards and the speeds mentioned on the box really don't ever meet real world standards.

SanDisk Extreme Pro is the only card I use. Never had one let me down. You just HAVE to make sure you buy it from SanDisk themselves or you will pick up a cheap fake and it will let you down.

https://www.westerndigital.com/e ... #SDSQXCG-032G-GN6MA
2022-3-6
Use props
PhantomGaz
lvl.2
Australia

CloudVisual Posted at 3-6 11:04
Regardless if it meets speed requirements, there are plenty of counterfeit cards and the speeds mentioned on the box really don't ever meet real world standards.

SanDisk Extreme Pro is the only card I use. Never had one let me down. You just HAVE to make sure you buy it from SanDisk themselves or you will pick up a cheap fake and it will let you down.

SD card was supplied by DJI Authorised Reseller when buying the AIR2S. The card is a SAMSUNG 128 GB EVO Plus U3 V30. Perhaps the card is faulty? I have only used SanDisk with previous DJI drones, and like you, never had an issue.
2022-3-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

PhantomGaz Posted at 3-6 12:41
SD card was supplied by DJI Authorised Reseller when buying the AIR2S. The card is a SAMSUNG 128 GB EVO Plus U3 V30. Perhaps the card is faulty? I have only used SanDisk with previous DJI drones, and like you, never had an issue.

That issue will not be due to the SD card, it appears to be an MPEG encoding error, but I cannot offer any reason why it occurs. Try lowering the video down to 4K and see if it re-occurs.
2022-3-6
Use props
PhantomGaz
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 3-6 14:33
That issue will not be due to the SD card, it appears to be an MPEG encoding error, but I cannot offer any reason why it occurs. Try lowering the video down to 4K and see if it re-occurs.

If operating with/ within operating specs, I would be disappointed to have to lower the resolution when recording. BTW… the video was recorded as a .MOV (5.4k/30fps/h.265/.mov/10bit dlog) so don’t understand your reference that it may be a MPEG encoding error or am I missing something here?
2022-3-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

PhantomGaz Posted at 3-6 14:52
If operating with/ within operating specs, I would be disappointed to have to lower the resolution when recording. BTW… the video was recorded as a .MOV (5.4k/30fps/h.265/.mov/10bit dlog) so don’t understand your reference that it may be a MPEG encoding error or am I missing something here?

MOV is just an Apple thing, while all the world uses MP4 as a file suffix, Apple just had to be different. However, whether the file is suffixed with MOV, MP4  or MPG, the file encoding is still MPEG type encoding. MPEG stand for Motion Pictures Expert Group, the organisation that developed the coding system.
2022-3-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PhantomGaz Posted at 3-6 02:00
Thanks for your comment. My desktop has a high spec video card, CPU is older. Laptop is older. Not sure if this is relevant but in both computers to edit (Davinci Resolve Studio version) I produce a proxy media file. This file also has exactly the same issue. To restate/clarify, the source file ie copied from SD card has these issue(s).

It usually the CPU that does the rendering.  my 2 year old Mac book Pro doesn't have the feature on the CPU so its terrible,  the work around is to create proxies when editing.  But that takes more time.
2022-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules