1596 48 2022-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronason
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5689042 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Is there any DJI  Mavic drone that is approved in europe according to the latest CE class drones ?
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not yet Dronason,   apparently the EU is not in a position to do the classifications yet as they have not setup the infrastructure.  
2022-5-10
Use props
Dronason
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5689042 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

So nobody will buy any DJI (probably any at all) drone in Europe in this moment. There is a trend to say <250g is not regulated but that totally wrong. So drone market in Europe is currently dead.
I like my Mavic 2, as I am more landscape shooter, with current regulation is not a fully an issue for me, but it is nor attractive for any new investment at all.
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dronason Posted at 5-10 06:48
So nobody will buy any DJI (probably any at all) drone in Europe in this moment. There is a trend to say

For UK the <250g un classified drone drops into a little loop hole where we can fly it almost anywhere,  if it was classified it would restrict it slightly.  
And if its correct that the EU are not ready to start doing the classifications thats not really DJIs fault.
2022-5-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're absolutely right.  DJI is not going to stop production while awaiting on EU to finalize their infrastructure.  I'm sure DJI has a game plan in mind.
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 12:58
You're absolutely right.  DJI is not going to stop production while awaiting on EU to finalize their infrastructure.  I'm sure DJI has a game plan in mind.

It’s pushing the trend here to under 250 grams. And I have to laugh because about a year ago we were joking here that the next mini should be a pro because of the restrictive rules.
2022-5-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 13:14
It’s pushing the trend here to under 250 grams. And I have to laugh because about a year ago we were joking here that the next mini should be a pro because of the restrictive rules.

Sometimes those jokes do come true.  I think we are going to see this become a trend more and more here in the US.  The commercial delivery drones are lobbying the FAA hard to minimize recreational air space.  
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 14:55
Sometimes those jokes do come true.  I think we are going to see this become a trend more and more here in the US.  The commercial delivery drones are lobbying the FAA hard to minimize recreational air space.

I think we are very close to not needing the drones to weight more than a few hundred grams,   in a year or two they could easily be out performing the Mavic 3's.
2022-5-10
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

Sub 250g drones are currently in "A1 Limited" sub-category until 2024. Do's and don't's will actually not change after 2024 when in "A1" sub-category. Obtaining C0 classification would unlock minor do's, so EU class is not a problem on Mini 3 Pro.
2022-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 23:30
I think we are very close to not needing the drones to weight more than a few hundred grams,   in a year or two they could easily be out performing the Mavic 3's.

Man, that would be excellent.  
2022-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-11 13:09
Man, that would be excellent.

As long as the goal posts dont move again,   I can just see the 249 becoming 199g like Japan.
2022-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 23:06
As long as the goal posts dont move again,   I can just see the 249 becoming 199g like Japan.

The Mini 1 using the Japanese battery only lost about 5-6 minutes of flying time over the larger batteries.  If it gets to that we would just need better flight planning so not to waste all of the battery coming and going and have none for on scene shooting.
2022-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-12 11:06
The Mini 1 using the Japanese battery only lost about 5-6 minutes of flying time over the larger batteries.  If it gets to that we would just need better flight planning so not to waste all of the battery coming and going and have none for on scene shooting.

Actually thats a really good point,   that would just bring flight times back in line with the Mini2 which is quite adequate.  
2022-5-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-12 23:29
Actually thats a really good point,   that would just bring flight times back in line with the Mini2 which is quite adequate.

I guess it would be cool to try and get 47 minutes of flight time but unless you have a plan in place just punching holes in the sky is fruitless.  
2022-5-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 03:37
I guess it would be cool to try and get 47 minutes of flight time but unless you have a plan in place just punching holes in the sky is fruitless.

Personally I want one for the hyperlapse stuff,   Im actually pondering whether to start taking the 2 and three out and hyper lapse the Mini3 whilst manually flying the mini2 at a subject.
2022-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 00:21
Personally I want one for the hyperlapse stuff,   Im actually pondering whether to start taking the 2 and three out and hyper lapse the Mini3 whilst manually flying the mini2 at a subject.

Now that would be an interesting event.  Should be do able.
2022-5-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-14 05:38
Now that would be an interesting event.  Should be do able.

Yes,  I think it needs to be somewhere where I can put things down like from a sea wall or picnic table,   at least to start with.  
2022-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 00:16
Yes,  I think it needs to be somewhere where I can put things down like from a sea wall or picnic table,   at least to start with.

It will be really interesting to see how well that works out.
2022-5-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 05:02
It will be really interesting to see how well that works out.

I need to think about the right location for that idea for sure.
2022-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-15 23:19
I need to think about the right location for that idea for sure.

I have no doubt you'll come up with an ideal location.  
2022-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 03:33
I have no doubt you'll come up with an ideal location.

Yes.  I need to start planning some days out now the weather is slowly improving.  
2022-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 23:03
Yes.  I need to start planning some days out now the weather is slowly improving.

Very true.  Getting hotter here everyday.  Was 34 C here today and not a cloud in the sky.  Need sun block and/or a shady spot.  
2022-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 12:47
Very true.  Getting hotter here everyday.  Was 34 C here today and not a cloud in the sky.  Need sun block and/or a shady spot.

We had rain forecast for yesterday and it turned into the hottest day of the year so far.  go figure.
2022-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 22:54
We had rain forecast for yesterday and it turned into the hottest day of the year so far.  go figure.

Speaking of hot days I wonder how the Mini 3 will fair with hot summer days and no internal cooling fans?
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 03:21
Speaking of hot days I wonder how the Mini 3 will fair with hot summer days and no internal cooling fans?

As long as the props are spinning Im sure it will be fine,  they move a lot of air.
2022-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 22:54
As long as the props are spinning Im sure it will be fine,  they move a lot of air.

True, but in the summer heat here they will be moving a lot of HOT air.  Probably shouldn't be a problem as I tend to fly early morning or just before sunset as it tends to be a little cooler at that time.
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 02:57
True, but in the summer heat here they will be moving a lot of HOT air.  Probably shouldn't be a problem as I tend to fly early morning or just before sunset as it tends to be a little cooler at that time.

Is that any difference to say a m2p that has a fan to move air.  It’s still pulling in the local ambient temperature.  
2022-5-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 09:59
Is that any difference to say a m2p that has a fan to move air.  It’s still pulling in the local ambient temperature.

Nope, you make a good point.  Ambient air is ambient air.  
2022-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 12:07
Nope, you make a good point.  Ambient air is ambient air.

On the top back of the Mini3 there are little black ducts either side,   I think these funnel the prop wash into the internals
2022-5-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 22:38
On the top back of the Mini3 there are little black ducts either side,   I think these funnel the prop wash into the internals

The little ducts probably get more air when flying backwards then.    J/K.
2022-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-20 03:16
The little ducts probably get more air when flying backwards then.    J/K.

I think they are angled appropriately.  
2022-5-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-21 00:18
I think they are angled appropriately.

I'll take your word for it.  At least they are right above the battery compartment and I'm sure the batteries create quite a bit of heat while in flight.  I guess they couldn't add a fan and keep it under the magic weight.
2022-5-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-21 07:17
I'll take your word for it.  At least they are right above the battery compartment and I'm sure the batteries create quite a bit of heat while in flight.  I guess they couldn't add a fan and keep it under the magic weight.

They are so close to the magic weight its hard to see where they could save any weight in it.  
2022-5-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-21 23:39
They are so close to the magic weight its hard to see where they could save any weight in it.

The weight is definitely an important item for those of you in the EU and UK.  For those of us in the US even with the + battery just need to register it and I always register all my drones so no problem.  I'm hoping the extended batteries will increase the flying time enough to make it worthwhile getting them.  
2022-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-22 06:45
The weight is definitely an important item for those of you in the EU and UK.  For those of us in the US even with the + battery just need to register it and I always register all my drones so no problem.  I'm hoping the extended batteries will increase the flying time enough to make it worthwhile getting them.

Id settle for another battery at the moment,   theres just no stock here of anything at the moment.  
2022-5-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 22:56
Id settle for another battery at the moment,   theres just no stock here of anything at the moment.

I hear you but on the positive side at least you already have the Mini3P in hand.  Seems I've seen several comments about the dealers getting in batteries and selling out within minutes or hours on same of delivery.  Guess until stock gets built up it will be all about luck and timing to get your hands on more batteries.
2022-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-23 03:19
I hear you but on the positive side at least you already have the Mini3P in hand.  Seems I've seen several comments about the dealers getting in batteries and selling out within minutes or hours on same of delivery.  Guess until stock gets built up it will be all about luck and timing to get your hands on more batteries.

You know its bad when you cant even buy the drone or battery on ebay.    Thats how desperate I ws yesterday.
2022-5-23
Use props
Falcoc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 370965 ft
United States

Buy the drone you want from the US or some other nation and just fly. Why would you let anyone take the skies from you?
2022-5-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-23 22:53
You know its bad when you cant even buy the drone or battery on ebay.    Thats how desperate I ws yesterday.

I read a comment on a different forum (reddit) and it appears a major shipment is due to hit the UK and EU by the end of this month.  How reliable his information is I can't determine, but hopefully he is right.  
2022-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-24 03:18
I read a comment on a different forum (reddit) and it appears a major shipment is due to hit the UK and EU by the end of this month.  How reliable his information is I can't determine, but hopefully he is right.

Im checking multiple times a day and so far nothing has appeared,   so I hope this is true.
2022-5-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules