Drone does not connect to DJI fly app nor does quick transfer
6074 25 2022-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rWYigcYn92PA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6991 ft
Canada

My mini 3 pro can't connect to my android phone (Huawei) to do quick transfer. See photo attached. I have followed YouTube tutorials on how to do quick transfer and no dice. I've updated the app, the drone, restarted everything a bunch of times, even turned off my cellular data, tried this on a different day - no luck. What am I doing wrong?

I have also been trying to connect my drone to my android phone via the DJI fly app and the app is asking me to connect my phone to the original style DJI drone remote (where the cell phone is the screen) however I have the new remote with the built in screen and the app does not allow that option. Maybe the drone is not meant to be connected this way. I don't know.

Please help!!

Thank you,
Screenshot_20220621_213802_dji.go.v5.jpg
2022-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

2022-6-21
Use props
djiuser_rWYigcYn92PA
lvl.1
Canada

Hi there, I'm using Huawei P30. I've got the most up to date app which I've reinstalled several times. It even asked to be updated yesterday which hasn't fixed the problem. I am unable to log my flights because I'm unable to connect my mini pro 3 to my phone app, it asks me for the old school no screen controller where the phone is the screen. I don't have that. I have the new controller with a built in screen.
I'll try using a different phone to see if this fixes the issue, however this was never an issue with my mini 2 and this exact Huawei cellphone.
Thank you
2022-6-22
Use props
Dams75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131562 ft
France

Hi there

I just received my Mini 3 and i have the same kind of issue here with a Google Pixel 5

DJI Fly says : Device already connected to another mobile deveice. Restart device et retry
2022-6-23
Use props
djiuser_rWYigcYn92PA
lvl.1
Canada

Dams75 Posted at 6-23 11:38
Hi there

I just received my Mini 3 and i have the same kind of issue here with a Google Pixel 5
Does it work after you restart? Mine doesn't
2022-6-24
Use props
fanse7a1a294
lvl.2
Flight distance : 579114 ft
United States

Solved this problem this morning on my M3P and iPad combo.  Using the RC Controller, I renamed the M3P’s wifi.  Then Quick Transfer worked as before.
2022-6-24
Use props
djiuser_rWYigcYn92PA
lvl.1
Canada

fanse7a1a294 Posted at 6-24 06:42
Solved this problem this morning on my M3P and iPad combo.  Using the RC Controller, I renamed the M3P’s wifi.  Then Quick Transfer worked as before.

Didn't work for me
2022-6-26
Use props
djiuser_rWYigcYn92PA
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 19:54
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi there,

Are there any other solutions I can try at this time?

Thank you
2022-6-29
Use props
Dams75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131562 ft
France

Solved this problem this morning on my M3P and iPad combo.  Using the RC Controller, I renamed the M3P’s wifi.  Then Quick Transfer worked as before.

Hi
How do you do that ?
2022-8-21
Use props
djiuser_J6qFlFUn0fPa
New
Israel

I'm having the same issue with pixel 6 pro. My drone is connected to the screen RC controller, but I can't download the photos to my phone what can I do?
2022-9-22
Use props
djiuser_J6qFlFUn0fPa
New
Israel

Hi fanse7a1a294, thanks for posting. Can you please elaborate on how to do it?
2022-9-22
Use props
djiuser_J6qFlFUn0fPa
New
Israel

Fly app v.1.7.5
Pixel 6 pro
Remote control switched off, no other device is connected to the drone. What an I missing?
2022-9-22
Use props
djiuser_nYdQ5u9JQyKW
New
Flight distance : 11995 ft
Germany

My Pixel 6 pro also didn't pare with M3P.

I See the Drone in the quick transfer dialog but nö Connection will be etablished
2022-9-24
Use props
djiuser_J6qFlFUn0fPa
New
Israel

djiuser_nYdQ5u9JQyKW Posted at 9-24 00:05
My Pixel 6 pro also didn't pare with M3P.

I See the Drone in the quick transfer dialog but nö Connection will be etablished

I talked with the DJI support, and they said that the 6pro is not supported
2022-9-26
Use props
djiuser_siipaD6ctkMX
New

Canada

djiuser_J6qFlFUn0fPa Posted at 9-26 04:10
I talked with the DJI support, and they said that the 6pro is not supported

This is unacceptable.
I have no other phone, how am I suppose to transfer my files?
DJI better come up with the solution
2022-10-27
Use props
moontan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504541 ft
India

Dams75 Posted at 6-23 11:38
Hi there

I have the same problem. I've tried everything and it still doesn't connect with the same error message that's it's connected to another device, etc, etc. Very disappointing.
2022-12-28
Use props
djiuser_YOPM2k72l254
New
Flight distance : 6342 ft

United Kingdom

djiuser_siipaD6ctkMX Posted at 2022-10-27 17:59
This is unacceptable.
I have no other phone, how am I suppose to transfer my files?
DJI better come up with the solution

I got the same issue with iPhone 13 pro can’t do quick transfers, the app can’t detect the drone at all
2023-5-14
Use props
Shep645
New
United Kingdom

I'm having the same issue with my Samsung S23 Ultra
2023-5-20
Use props
StevieD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48776 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_rWYigcYn92PA Posted at 2022-6-26 06:25
Didn't work for me

Same here, did you ever get it working???
2023-5-23
Use props
djiuser_4Rd7rheA9Njp
New

United States

djiuser_YOPM2k72l254 Posted at 5-14 22:34
I got the same issue with iPhone 13 pro can’t do quick transfers, the app can’t detect the drone at all

Did you ever get the app to find the drone? I’m having the same problem.
2023-9-15
Use props
djiuser_wF9yC4Ev6X0c
New
France

I am having the same issue in 12/2023 with my DJI Mini 3 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max. SW used DJI Fly app (version 1.12.4 (824)), iPhone 17.1.2. The app says “Switching failed: Aircraft may be connected to another mobile device. Restart and try again.” Both with the controller on or off. Can you advise?
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_wF9yC4Ev6X0c Posted at 12-23 11:21
I am having the same issue in 12/2023 with my DJI Mini 3 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max. SW used DJI Fly app (version 1.12.4 (824)), iPhone 17.1.2. The app says “Switching failed: Aircraft may be connected to another mobile device. Restart and try again.” Both with the controller on or off. Can you advise?

Hi. We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to initiate the troubleshooting steps below to see if this rectifies the issue?

1. Ensure that the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Positioning functions are turned on in the mobile phone settings.
Note: In some Android mobile devices, the app Wi-Fi permission can be set separately. Check the Wi-Fi permission setting for the DJI Fly app and ensure that the Wi-Fi permission is allowed.

2. Try to use the Fixed 2.4 GHz function in the QuickTransfer Band. Go to the DJI Fly homepage - Settings - QuickTransfer Band - Fixed 2.4 GHz.

Note: If the connection failure can be resolved by using this method, it can be determined that the mobile phone’s 5G band does not cover 5.8 GHz.

3. Restart the mobile phone and aircraft.

4. Try to rename the aircraft and restart it.

In addition, if another mobile phone was connected to the aircraft using the QuickTransfer function, and the mobile phone is nearby, a possible reason for this message is that the aircraft’s Wi-Fi is occupied by the previously connected mobile phone. We recommend turning off the Wi-Fi on the previously connected mobile phone or deleting/ignoring the aircraft’s Wi-Fi. If the mobile phone cannot be found, please change the aircraft name in DJI Fly and reconnect to it.

Please keep us posted so we can help you further. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-12-24
Use props
Joemama88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20098 ft
United States

I found turning off cell data worked for me.
1-3 11:18
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 22:05
Use props
Chad Willy
New

United States

Dose the DJI fly app no longer work with the DJI phoenix drone? I can connect to the controller and to the drones wi-if but the app will not link up. Why is this?
1-7 19:38
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Chad Willy Posted at 1-7 19:38
Dose the DJI fly app no longer work with the DJI phoenix drone? I can connect to the controller and to the drones wi-if but the app will not link up. Why is this?

Hi, Chad Willy. I hope you're doing well today. I'm afraid DJI does not have a "Phoenix" drone. The DJI Fly app only works with the DJI Mini 4 Pro, DJI Air 3, DJI Mavic 3 Pro, DJI Mini 2 SE, DJI Mini 3, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Avata, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mini SE, DJI Air 2S, DJI FPV, DJI Mini 2, Mavic Air 2, and Mavic Mini. Will it be fine if you post a picture so we can assist you further? Thank you very much.
1-7 21:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules