989 15 2022-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all I've jest seen dji are selling the DJI RC separately now. Should i get one or is the DJI RC Pro a better option?
2022-7-15
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I use the standard RC-N1 controller + the DJI sunhood for the controller + a Moto G8 + FCC mod.

The standard controller battery lasts forever and with the sunhood you don't need a super bright screen and all the reflexes are killed because unlike most aftermarket sunhoods, the DJI one covers also a bit of the top.

I see the point of all in one controllers, but you can't use the FCC mod on them, so if you are buying those controllers for the O3+, for anyone flying in Europe nothing beats the FCC mod in performance improvement.
2022-7-16
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 7-16 02:09
I use the standard RC-N1 controller + the DJI sunhood for the controller + a Moto G8 + FCC mod.

The standard controller battery lasts forever and with the sunhood you don't need a super bright screen and all the reflexes are killed because unlike most aftermarket sunhoods, the DJI one covers also a bit of the top.

Yeah i have the RC-N1 and it works great! But i like to extra buttons on the pro plus the zoom wheel would be easier to use.
2022-7-16
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

For me, the RC pro has two huge advantages: HDMI output and almost 2 watts maximum (33dbm) effective radiated power output of its transmitters. The RC has no HDMI out and is only capable of a much lower power output - a maximum of only 26dbm (approx. 400mw EIRP) - so it'll have significantly reduced range/penetration/solid connection with any aircraft, including the M3, than the RC Pro.

But the most important item is HDMI out, which allows you to use an external monitor and/or FPV goggles (with HDMI input of course). With a large screen or goggles, it makes it much easier to precisely frame your shots than with a teeny, tiny, reflective, almost invisible screen on the unit itself. As nice as the built-in screen is on the RC pro, it's still way too small and limited to really precisely manage the shot.

I use my older DJI goggles with my RC Pro with HDMI and it really transforms the whole experience. Plus, it's very immersive like flying an FPV aircraft, so it's a lot more enjoyable to fly the M3 in general...

So the RC Pro is well worth the extra money.....
2022-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2022-7-16
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 04:57
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a wonderful day ahead!

Do you know when the rc pro will be back instock? I've ordered one with my local camera shop but its out of stock. There saying 3-7 days for delivery. But how if dji are out of stock.
2022-7-16
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

luciens Posted at 7-16 04:57
For me, the RC pro has two huge advantages: HDMI output and almost 2 watts maximum (33dbm) effective radiated power output of its transmitters. The RC has no HDMI out and is only capable of a much lower power output - a maximum of only 26dbm (approx. 400mw EIRP) - so it'll have significantly reduced range/penetration/solid connection with any aircraft, including the M3, than the RC Pro.

But the most important item is HDMI out, which allows you to use an external monitor and/or FPV goggles (with HDMI input of course). With a large screen or goggles, it makes it much easier to precisely frame your shots than with a teeny, tiny, reflective, almost invisible screen on the unit itself. As nice as the built-in screen is on the RC pro, it's still way too small and limited to really precisely manage the shot.

Thank you for that I've ordered one but have to wait till the shop i ordered from gets stock.
2022-7-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both and the RC Pro is the way to go.  1000 Nits vs 700 Nits on RC, HDMI out vs none on RC, can add 3rd party Apps such as UAV Forecast and no 3rd party Apps on RC,   Just my thoughts.
2022-7-16
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mattft86 Posted at 7-16 05:55
Thank you for that I've ordered one but have to wait till the shop i ordered from gets stock.

The DJI store seems to have them in stock. I ordered mine off Amazon a couple weeks ago, so they're around....
2022-7-16
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

luciens Posted at 7-16 06:24
The DJI store seems to have them in stock. I ordered mine off Amazon a couple weeks ago, so they're around....

Out of stock

https://m.dji.com/uk/product/dji-rc-pro?from=searchresults

Same with amazon. Ill wait see how long my shop takes to get it.
2022-7-16
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

luciens Posted at 7-16 04:57

Yep, that's true for anyone flying in the US, but in Europe all the three controllers and the M3 itself are heavily bottle necked to the same power output due to CE regulation, and the only one that can be set to FCC, at least for the moment, is the RC-N1.

In Europe default RC-N1, RC, RC Pro and the M3 transmit at 100mW on the 2.4Ghz and only 25mW in 5.8Ghz, so the you'll be always flying in 2.4Ghz.

But with the FCC mod on the RC-N1 you can transmit at 400mW both for 2.4 and 5.8Ghz, so it's the best option for Europe. Note that setting the controller to FCC will also make the Mavic 3 transmit at it's full power (2000mW).

In US RC Pro transmit at 2000mW both for 2.4 and 5.8 while the RC-N1 and the RC both transmit at 400mW.

PS: Of course if in the future we are able to get a permanent FCC mod for the M3 the RC pro will be the best option then, although a bit pricey it has a massive output power.
2022-7-16
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 7-16 08:19
Yep, that's true for anyone flying in the US, but in Europe all the three controllers and the M3 itself are heavily bottle necked to the same power output due to CE regulation, and the only one that can be set to FCC, at least for the moment, is the RC-N1.

In Europe default RC-N1, RC, RC Pro and the M3 transmit at 100mW on the 2.4Ghz and only 25mW in 5.8Ghz, so the you'll be always flying in 2.4Ghz.

Quite true and good point.... I suppose in Europe and other CE countries, you're mostly paying for the HDMI out, and the extra goodies as far as it being more useful as an Android device, etc. Which to me is less valuable. The HDMI out is mandatory for me, but it may not be for other pilots.

I have found that my (FCC) M3 with the RC Pro has just crazy amazing range. Quite a bit more range than with the stock RC-N1 that came with mine. Course I won't say how far away and what results I get for obvious reasons.... But I'll say it's better than even my FPV drone too, which also has O3.
2022-7-16
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still use my standard RC-N1 controller with the option of using a phone, mini Ipad or the huge 12.9 ipad for better viewing.  To each his/her own, it all depends on what is convenient for you.
2022-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mattft86 Posted at 7-16 05:54
Do you know when the rc pro will be back instock? I've ordered one with my local camera shop but its out of stock. There saying 3-7 days for delivery. But how if dji are out of stock.

Thank you for your response. As of the moment, we don't have any timeframe on when this said RC will be available on our store website. We strongly recommend leaving your email in "In stock reminder" for you to be notified if the product is already available. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-7-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For M3 it should be RC Pro, dji RC is effective but it falls a long way short of RC Pro.
2022-7-21
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-21 06:40
For M3 it should be RC Pro, dji RC is effective but it falls a long way short of RC Pro.

Yeah I've ordered the pro with my local shop but they are waiting for stock. They emailed me this morning saying they've asked dji when they'll be getting them delivered and all dji said was they dont know when there getting stock. So it could be weeks/months before my shop gets them.
2022-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules