Getting better, BUT still some concerns...
806 11 2022-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicMike1955
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915669 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, There have been some good improvements to the Mini 3 Pro over the last few updates, BUT, I still have a couple of concerns:

1.   The radar display in the lower left corner(on the RC controller) is now totally useless, not to mention, confusing.  It has been totally erratic. I saw someone else on youtube post a video showing this exact issue.  I will also try and put together one and post it as soon as I can to show you also.

2.   During my experiments with active track, In PARALLEL mode, it does not stay parallel. This was while tracking myself while walking at a normal pace. Each time I tried, it ended up pulling in behind me and following me from there.

3.   In the MAX Distance settings, it is virtually impossible to set it to an exact amount. You can only get close. But it is worse if trying to set max distance allowable to a very short distance, toward the lower end of the slider.  It REALLY WOULD BE NICE to have the ability to enter the exact number of Meters or Feet.

Thanks for listening.  
2022-7-18
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

3. does it apply to mini 3 or to every dji drone?
2022-7-18
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Agreed on #3. Let us type the number we want (in addition to the slider)
2022-7-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've experienced both issues in 1 and 2 above.  

That's is an excellent suggestion for #3 as that has always been hard to get a precise number.  Type in number capability would be fantastic.
2022-7-19
Use props
MavicMike1955
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915669 ft
  • >>>
United States

Short video of radar kookiness.   
2022-7-19
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have experienced #1 and #3, also.  I haven't used ActiveTrack, so can't confirm #2.  Please fix these issues DJI, as outlined in the #1 post on this topic.  
2022-7-19
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

MavicMike1955 Posted at 7-19 05:59
Short video of radar kookiness.   https://youtu.be/9Usm4gQQMo0

It is not DJI style i imagine
2022-7-19
Use props
onymar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 564400 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Absolutely agree with the distance/height limits, please DJI add a way to enter a numeric value.

There is also an issue where no video cache files are saved if the size is set to Auto.
No issue if set to 16GB for example.
2022-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MavicMike1955. Good day and thank you for giving out these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-7-20
Use props
NewToy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

fateofangel Posted at 7-18 13:35
3. does it apply to mini 3 or to every dji drone?

every dji drone using the fly app
2022-7-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even if we cant punch in the numbers, at least add +/- buttons they would be better than nothing.

I do not see this exact radar issue myself, i do see a discrepancy where it just points to the left by about 30 to 40 degrees, and the incremental turn is in at least 5 maybe 10 degree increments and not smooth like any other drone as seen in the video below, all latest software. One thing i did notice with the RC indicator when turning to face the drone from the left, the precise second the indicator turns green is when you're perfectly aligned (horizontally at least), certainly at that distance. From the right, HA HA, it turns green at about 30 to 40 degrees out therefore about 15 to 20 degrees too soon, it also applies to the indicator on the map too!
2022-7-20
Use props
djiuser_WNMKvutofePI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133110 ft
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-19 04:32
I've experienced both issues in 1 and 2 above.  

That's is an excellent suggestion for #3 as that has always been hard to get a precise number.  Type in number capability would be fantastic.

I totally agree.  It would be much better if we could type in the numbers we want rather than those wonky sliders.  I also would settle for being able to use a + or - to adjust slider settings.
2022-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules