628 5 2022-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans325ce6ff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5418609 ft
United States

Hopefully, someone will have a solution. Problem:
1. 12.9” iPad Pro 3rd generation will not connect to RC. If I restart the IPad, it will connect with camera view…etc. But, if I power everything off and start over, IPad will not connect. I do the hard restart and it’s hit and miss the next several attempts. Bottom line, I have connected to the IPad by doing a hard restart, but not able to every time. I have also deleted the app and reinstalled several times…no luck.
2. I borrowed another IPad 12.9” (5th generation) and it worked flawlessly.
Really struggling with this as I want to use this IPad (12.9” 3rd generation) for flying. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
2022-7-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Try cleaning the port on the IPad. There is probably some crud in there preventing  a good connection.
2022-7-27
Use props
fans325ce6ff
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-27 14:18
Try cleaning the port on the IPad. There is probably some crud in there preventing  a good connection.

I’ll give it a shot.  Thanks
2022-7-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. It seems that the mobile device that you are using is not listed on our recommended mobile device and this might be the main cause of the issue. We strongly recommend to use a compatible device to avoid connectivity issues. Please refer to the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-7-27
Use props
fans325ce6ff
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-27 17:44
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. It seems that the mobile device that you are using is not listed on our recommended mobile device and this might be the main cause of the issue. We strongly recommend to use a compatible device to avoid connectivity issues. Please refer to the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Thanks for the info.  Thing is, I’ve been using an ipad with various DJI drones for the past 5 years w/o any problems at all.  In fact, I’ve never lost connection with the other iPads.  I can also connect to a different iPad Pro 12.9” (5th edition) w/o issues.  Just wondering why this is the only ipad (Pro 12.9” 3rd edition) that won’t connect.  Using my iPhone is just too small.  Again, thanks for the info.
2022-7-27
Use props
fans325ce6ff
lvl.2
United States

fans325ce6ff Posted at 7-27 18:50
Thanks for the info.  Thing is, I’ve been using an ipad with various DJI drones for the past 5 years w/o any problems at all.  In fact, I’ve never lost connection with the other iPads.  I can also connect to a different iPad Pro 12.9” (5th edition) w/o issues.  Just wondering why this is the only ipad (Pro 12.9” 3rd edition) that won’t connect.  Using my iPhone is just too small.  Again, thanks for the info.

Update: I have a mavic 2 and 2S. The 2S still will not connect to the iPad Pro 12.9 (3rd generation) but will connect to the Mavic 2. Therefore, I assume the port on the IPad is ok and cable is also good. Only conclusion I can come up with is that DJI changed something in the 2S remote that will not allow it to link to the iPad Pro. Thoughts??
2022-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules