2328 12 2022-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question for DJI: what is the word on the SDK for M3?
Having made the mistake of selling my M2P, I'm losing a lot of business where certain software is required for particular missions.
And without SDK, that software cannot support M3...

2022-8-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Darth, I'm not DJI but in looking at DJI Developer's website it is not looking good for anytime soon.

SDK.jpg
2022-8-11
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-11 08:57
Darth, I'm not DJI but in looking at DJI Developer's website it is not looking good for anytime soon.

So, basically, I'm screwed...
2022-8-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 8-11 09:19
So, basically, I'm screwed...

I sure hope not but that was just updated 18 days ago so info is fairly current info.  Wish it was better news.
2022-8-11
Use props
DougieL
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This is really disappointing from DJI.

The Mavic 3 is excellent for photography etc, but the lack of SDK seriously limits its use for professional/advanced users.

Wish I still had my Mavic 2 Pro. Doubt I'll be purchasing another DJI Drone - ever.

Dougie, Glasgow, Scotland.
2022-8-11
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DougieL Posted at 8-11 12:16
This is really disappointing from DJI.

The Mavic 3 is excellent for photography etc, but the lack of SDK seriously limits its use for professional/advanced users.

Yeah, I'm missing my M2P. It was perfect for all kinds of jobs. Big mistake selling it.
2022-8-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure if this will effect you Darth but they also dropping support for IOS with the new SDKs,  going forward version 5 will be android only.
2022-8-11
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-11 23:33
Not sure if this will effect you Darth but they also dropping support for IOS with the new SDKs,  going forward version 5 will be android only.

Noooooooooooo....
2022-8-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

IF this info correct, and it sure seems to be authentic, then I am really annoyed with DJI.  It is unacceptable to not have a SDK for the M3 at this point.    I can deal with Android being the supported method because IOS devices do not cut it for flying in warm weather.  

M2P remains a great option for many projects requiring automation.
2022-8-12
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

In my experience iOS devices work ok unless exposed to direct sunlight, then yeah, they overheat in a matter of minutes.

That said, lack of SDK will seriously affect my future purchasing decisions.

As with many other aspects of M3 p, this was one of the things I just assumed it will be there, like a modern car having a BT connection.
I guess with DJI you can't assume anything, so if it's not listed, it's not going to be there.
2022-8-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry.   
2022-8-12
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DarthSLR Posted at 8-11 12:31
Yeah, I'm missing my M2P. It was perfect for all kinds of jobs. Big mistake selling it.

I understand how you feel. I bought the M3 but somehow felt that automated/autonomous flight would never come for the M3. So having an M2Pro with a lot of km's of flight I quickly purchased probably one of the last M2Pro's available in the EU to make sure I had a replacement when the first one would fail. It's still boxed and unopened and on my desk.
2022-8-12
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PhanFran Posted at 8-12 09:40
I understand how you feel. I bought the M3 but somehow felt that automated/autonomous flight would never come for the M3. So having an M2Pro with a lot of km's of flight I quickly purchased probably one of the last M2Pro's available in the EU to make sure I had a replacement when the first one would fail. It's still boxed and unopened and on my desk.

You're smart. I'm not. ;)
2022-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules