Mini 3 Pro - Asteroid - Only 1080 25fps?
3387 7 2022-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve_UK_M3P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4392336 ft
United Kingdom

I find it really strange that the resolution & frame rate of the 'Asteroid' function is only 1080 at 25fps, when all the other 'Quickshots' can be up to 4K at 30fps.Not only is the resolution lower, but if we wanted to edit 'Asteroid' footage into a video with other 'Quickshots', then the frame rates wouldn't match, meaning at least one of the shots would be out of sync.

It would be really nice if the 'Asteroid' function was also available in 4K resolution at 30fps.
Is this something that DJI are looking to upgrade in a future update, or is there a specific reason why it has to be 1080 at 25fps?
2022-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-23
Use props
Steve_UK_M3P
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-23 03:43
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you DJI Paladin, that is really appreciated

It would be really good if the Asteroid mode was available in the same resolution and frame rate as all of the other Quickshots (4K 30fps).
2022-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Steve_UK_M3P Posted at 8-23 04:00
Thank you DJI Paladin, that is really appreciated

It would be really good if the Asteroid mode was available in the same resolution and frame rate as all of the other Quickshots (4K 30fps).

I will surely take note of these additional details. Thank you for always choosing DJI!
2022-8-26
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

while we're at it, all the Quickshots should be able to be done in the selected Resolution/framerate/bitrate;

Including 4K/25p/10bit Cinelike.
Please ;-)

Also please allow for reverse order of flightpath once completed.

One more suggestion, 'Asteroid' please fill 16:9 frame or export as Square Video. Currently this is funny half way in between both formats which is awkward..
2022-8-27
Use props
Steve_UK_M3P
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes yes 16:9 aspect ratio please, and 4K 30fps
2022-8-28
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092589 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just done some nice footage around a historic building, but the quickshots only export at 1080, this seems ludicrous with the power of todays phones & tablets.
can we not make it record AND export in 4k?
2022-12-4
Use props
djiuser_J8CnoUGYkivX
New
United States

skpManiac Posted at 2022-12-4 12:36
I have just done some nice footage around a historic building, but the quickshots only export at 1080, this seems ludicrous with the power of todays phones & tablets.
can we not make it record AND export in 4k?

Same.  Quick shot locks me in at 1080p…all quick shots not just asteroid.  Any workarounds besides just manually trying to fly the flight profile?
2023-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules