2.7k transcoding for Master Shots creating artifacts/distortion
693 2 2022-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrceolla
lvl.2
United States

I've noticed that video recorded at 2.7k 30 fps and then transcoded in DJI Fly for MasterShots creates artifacts at the bottom of the resulting video.  It was much worse in 1.6.9, but is still present in 1.7.0.  I've attached screen captures that show the height of these unsightly 'streaky' pixels is much less in 1.7.0, but the problem shouldn't exist at all.  Just crop the whole video if you have to.  Or black-out those bottom few lines.  Either are better than what's happening now.

I have a DJI Air 2s, but this seems to be a DJI Fly issue.  The original 2.7k video files do not exhibit this problem.  Also, transcoded 1080p or 4K source video does not exhibit this problem either.  It only seems to be a problem with transcoded 2.7k.

Here is another post that seems to show the same problem with video from a Mini, but I can't tell if this is original footage or edited in the app based on the OPs posts:  2.7K Video Distortion on Bottom of Screen | DJI FORUM

I'm surprised I couldn't find many more posts about this problem, but I guess it's hard to know what to call it.

DJI, is this supposed to be happening?  If not, what could be wrong?  If so, please fix the way you transcode 2.7k video.

2022-8-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mrceolla. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these matter and information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-8-28
Use props
mrceolla
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-28 19:34
Hello there mrceolla. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these matter and information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Any updates on this issue?  Are you able to reproduce it on your end, and is it considered a bug?

Thanks!
2022-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules