Mini 3 Pro Settings SIM & Mobile Plan? Livestream?
7003 10 2022-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IMRAN™
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29062 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all. I am loving playing with my fifth or sixth DJI product - and second drone after my Phantom 4 of six years, the mini 3 pro. In secret settings  I found settings for Sim card and mobile plans. But I can't understand where I would be able to add a Sim card or activate one of my five T-Mobile lines with the unlimited data possibly to do live streaming right from the drone. Is that a possible use?
What am I missing here? DJI's FAQ is pretty weak not mentioning something that is also not mentioned in the documentation as far as I can find.
IMRAN

2022-9-5
Use props
PAROINA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3279160 ft
United States

You cannot do anything with a SIM card or mobile plan for the RC controller yet. You are seeing future options that are just not activated yet. Plus, it may take an add on piece of hardware before such an option is available. Live streaming is not available on the RC either. My guess is that there will probably not be enough CPU power in the RC to ever be able to live stream even with a firmware update.
2022-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

'Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-5
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

I saw the SIM card settings as well. I wonder if this is something they hid in preparation for Remote ID? Maybe a way to use cell service to broadcast your signal. Just a thought!
2022-9-7
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Might that just be something which was originally in the code of the Fly app for Android & iOS?

On the other hand ... who knows ... maybe they plan to support eSIMs in the future? I personally doubt that and support above thesis.
2022-9-7
Use props
IMRAN™
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29062 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see the potential of the RC becoming a phone also as that is what the setting indicate.
2022-9-7
Use props
djiuser_YMJeyj30Yu7F
lvl.1

Greece

eSIM support would amazing.
2022-10-19
Use props
djiuser_xctAcTjPPZqt
New
Flight distance : 84239 ft
United States

They should.  There’s two mounting screws in the back. They can make an external module. The other controller has it internally. Come guys. I think it’s crazy I can’t fly with maps unless my mobile hot spot is on. ... is slow
2022-11-4
Use props
fans5d3e3440
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4964 ft
United States

The manual talks about it.  For the "other" USB-C port, behind the flap:

Host Port (USB-C) *
For connecting the DJI Cellular Dongle which
needs to be purchased separately.
* To be supported later through firmware
updates
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_xctAcTjPPZqt
New
United States

You can’t. Maybe later they will make an external device to place a SIM card. The dji smart controller has it internally. I want it. Don’t have to worry about losing signal
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_xctAcTjPPZqt
New
United States

You can’t. Maybe later they will make an external device to place a SIM card. The dji smart controller has it internally. I want it. Don’t have to worry about losing signal
2022-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules