4011 21 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chushpajz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824905 ft
Serbia

Hello there,

I'm starting this thread as a feedback section for all Pixel 6/6 Pro owners who are facing image transmission problems since Android 12 and now Android 13.

Versions I tested so far were:
  • 4.3.48 (beta)

None of the versions above solves the problem.
The best results so far are from 4.3.48 which I sent to DJI Support Tweeter account. You can see the problem of the video linked here

However the problem is already fixed (Video stream cannot be displayed on pixel 6 mobile phone: Fixed.) as stated here (check "Android Mobile SDK 4.16.1" release notes) and developers just need to integrate the fix from the SDK version to the retail one.
And I can confirm it since I used Litchi app and image transmission works flawlessly there. (I guess this SDK is used by them)
DJI representatives, feel free to attach upcoming beta version on this thread and I would be more than happy to test them and to address the issues.

Best regards,
Chushpajz
2022-9-12
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

Exact same issue here. Video alternates between color and black and white. Several seconds lag moving the camera and the screen showing the result. App also flips between landscape and portrait when launched then crashes. Using another app to force landscape then I can stay in Go4 but then the lag. How is it that Litchi can have no problems using their SDK and the "official" app is buggy as heck. Beyond incompetent.
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We may need to coordinate this with our designated team for further attention. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-12
Use props
Chushpajz
lvl.3
Serbia

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-12 21:28
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We may need to coordinate this with our designated team for further attention. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hey Paladin. Is there some kind of an update yet? It's been a full year since I flown with official app. It's about time to get what we've paid for.
2022-10-26
Use props
CortexCompiler
New

United States

I think it is unacceptable that DJI would let their apps go unsupported on the most popular android phones and versions, relegating folks to hold on to old obsolete phone hardware in order to keep running their drones.  Why would anyone spend the money on a new drone now knowing that DJI will get bored with supporting the application that make the drones work some time after.  If you don't want to update your old apps then make your new apps backwardly compatible with your older drones.
2022-10-30
Use props
Fredisco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71043 ft
Sweden

Same issue here.
2022-11-28
Use props
Chushpajz
lvl.3
Serbia

A quick update version 4.3.54:

Mavic 2 Pro still doesn't work with Pixel 6 Pro running Android 13. Drone itself received firmware update which got me hoping it would be the fix, but no. Image transmission is still choppy or there's none.

Tried Litchi app to see if the problem persists there, however no, it doesn't. Litchi works 10/10.

Message to DJI: If you don't know how to fix your own app, ask other developers for help. Make your sincere customers happy as we made you happy by buying your products. It's that simple.

Hope to see improvements in the new version, before Android 14 update hits my phone.
2023-1-10
Use props
Chushpajz
lvl.3
Serbia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-9-12 21:28
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We may need to coordinate this with our designated team for further attention. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your understanding and support.

So, there's been an update, however you haven't kept us updated. So, could you provide us with the ETA? It's been quite some time now. My drone is still shelved.
2023-2-1
Use props
djiuser_WPCRKYQ1GjVh
New

South Africa

Got the same issue on Pixel 7. Intermittent image transmission. Works perfectly on my Samsung.
2023-3-2
Use props
Chushpajz
lvl.3
United States

Bumping the thread since no one cares to answer...
2023-3-14
Use props
djiuser_hBhEKPDYL5Az
New

United Kingdom

Yeah, any update? I've heard about this Litchi app but feel like it's a joke having to pay for another app just to use my drone which is already a pricey piece of hardware
2023-4-2
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

FWIIW, I am seeing the same issue. It was working fine not long ago but then there was an Android update and, as it seems to be common, the DJI Go 4 app started having issues (Pixel 7 Pro). Video transmission to the phone seems to be working ok but the app is decoding at around 1 frame every 10 seconds or so. It gets better if I decrease the resolution but even with that I am still getting something like 1 frame every 3 seconds.

I am not sure what DJI is doing but their app is the *ONLY* one that I use that constantly has similar problems whenever an Android update happens. And they take a considerable amount of time to fix the issue and, meanwhile, my drone is grounded. Definitely a terrible user experience.
2023-4-20
Use props
Chushpajz
lvl.3
Serbia

BGA Posted at 4-20 13:08
FWIIW, I am seeing the same issue. It was working fine not long ago but then there was an Android update and, as it seems to be common, the DJI Go 4 app started having issued (Pixel 7 Pro). Video transmission to the phone seems to be working ok but the app is decoding at around 1 frame every 10 seconds or so. It gets better if I decrease the resolution but even with that I am still getting something like 1 frame every 3 seconds.

I am not sure what DJI is doing but their app is the *ONLY* one that I use that constantly has similar problems whenever an Android update happens. And they they take a considerable amount of time to fix the issue and, meanwhile, my drone is grounded. Definitely a terrible user experience.

That's more accurate explanation. I'm not a native so I couldn't find the right words for the problem. Thanks for the elaboration!

(hope they'll see it and fix it at long last)
2023-4-24
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Chushpajz Posted at 4-24 00:22
That's more accurate explanation. I'm not a native so I couldn't find the right words for the problem. Thanks for the elaboration!

(hope they'll see it and fix it at long last)

FWIIW, I ended up buying the Litchi app. It seems to be working fine which, again, points to the mess that DJI is doing with the Android app. I would very much prefer to use the official app but it is getting more and more difficult doing that.
2023-4-24
Use props
djiuser_pQvjecZAdtio
New
Netherlands

Also here to confirm that the same issue occurs on my Pixel 6 and Mavic 2 Zoom while using DJI Go 4. Video feed stays greyed out, only to return (motion image in color) for 2 frames every other 10-20 seconds. When taking off image transmission is totally lost at 10 meters of distance. Drone flies well and controls are responsive though.

Meanwhile Litchi app shows perfect videofeed. On top of that I also connected using Samsung and Huawei phone and crosschecked by flying with mavic air (1) all with perfect videofeed in both apps. So in my case this definitely seems to be an issue with DJI GO app in combination with mavic 2 and Google pixel 6 phone. Kind request to offer a solution
2023-7-17
Use props
Fredisco
lvl.2
Sweden

Same issue for me. Dji please update your app using your own latest sdk!!!
2023-7-22
Use props
djiuser_ROgQcgAXPbaT
New
Flight distance : 15719 ft
Poland

Same problem.here. latest dji go 4 update didn't solve anything
2023-7-24
Use props
Fredisco
lvl.2
Sweden

They did fix the issue, but they haven't released a new GO4 with their own updated SDK.
https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android/issues/1194
Can we please get a new GO4 that uses your latest SDK.. PLEASE!!!
2023-8-21
Use props
Newton Monteiro
lvl.1

Brazil

And now after years the video issues return on Android 14 with Pixel 8 pro... I try use my Pixel 8 pro with Mavic 2 pro controller with Dji go 4, and the video have enormous lag, I tested with Samsung Galaxy A15 with Android 14 and works fine, but the Pixel 8 pro have this issues
3-10 02:41
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Newton Monteiro Posted at 3-10 02:41
And now after years the video issues return on Android 14 with Pixel 8 pro... I try use my Pixel 8 pro with Mavic 2 pro controller with Dji go 4, and the video have enormous lag, I tested with Samsung Galaxy A15 with Android 14 and works fine, but the Pixel 8 pro have this issues

It's the same on pixel 6a with Android 14.
Unusable as you get a few frames  then freezes in black and white for a good while at least 10 seconds.
It is noting to do with wrong cables.
The Mavic 2 pro itself records and flies normally plus you can use other features in the app it is just image transmission essentially broken.
3-10 06:35
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok I have found a simple fix to no image transmission on Pixel 6A
Dump DJI go4 and install Litchi.
Works perfectly, no glitches at all.
It says something when an independent app is your only option.
3-12 01:12
Use props
snowflizz
New

United States

Still having this issue as of yesterday... Worked fine on my two coworkers phones, but I'm supposed to be the primary drone pilot and it won't work on mine! I don't want to have to buy a new phone just to be able to fly with the DJI app, or have to buy another app. Please fix this.
3-15 04:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules