Gimbal Overload Warning
2259 4 2022-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TracieLouise
lvl.2
Australia

My P4P drone is only 9 months old and honestly I don't even fly that much, but I am on a cross country trip and in a spot where I will only be for a couple of days and so have flown a few times.  Today I got my first ever gimbal overload warning.

Been searching online and can't find a fix.  Everything else seems to be working fine.  I did a software update but that hasn't helped.  It looks fine.  Can't see any obstructions etc.  Still have a couple of weeks left of my trip and it would be heartbreaking not be able to get any more drone footage, since that was one of the main reasons for the trip.

HELP????
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please follow the steps below to make further checks.
1. Please check whether the gimbal protector or the gimbal buckle has been removed before powering on the aircraft. If the gimbal motor is overloaded for this reason, please remove the gimbal protector or the gimbal buckle and then power on the aircraft again.
2. If an aircraft is powered on when it is placed on an uneven surface or when a foreign object has jammed the gimbal, the gimbal motor may become overloaded.
3. Please check whether an additional accessory (such as a filter) is mounted on the gimbal and camera.
If there is an additional accessory, attach the original lens on the gimbal and camera. Check whether the issue has been solved.
If there is no additional accessory, please skip this step.
4. Ensure that there is no additional accessory attached on the gimbal and camera. Please perform [Gimbal Auto Calibration] in [Gimbal Settings] of the app.
5. If this issue persists after calibration, please connect the aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware.
If the issue persists after the methods above have been used, please send it back to us for testing.
2022-9-23
Use props
TracieLouise
lvl.2
Australia

I tried all that thanks.  Spoke with DJI on the chat and we went through everything.  Going to have to send it back unfortunately.
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

TracieLouise Posted at 9-23 20:46
I tried all that thanks.  Spoke with DJI on the chat and we went through everything.  Going to have to send it back unfortunately.

Sorry to hear about that. You can also provide us with your case number. Please rest assured we will keep an eye on it.
2022-9-24
Use props
TracieLouise
lvl.2
Australia

I haven't filed a case yet.  I spoke on the chat function for hours yesterday.  The drone is under warranty but I have found a place close by (UAV) in Brisbane who can replace the gimbal for me tomorrow and since I need it for this trip I'm on, I think I will have no choice but to do that, even though I'm going to be unnecessarily out of pocket.  Unless you can think of a better solution.  

I was reviewing footage I took on the previous flight before the error message and a lot of it had the horizon at a weird angle.  So apparently the gimbal was already having an issue.  I have no idea what caused it.  But I'm travelling for the next 2 weeks specifically for the purpose of getting drone footage for my Getty portfolio and so I'm pretty stuffed.

nb.  I haven't been anywhere at all in 3 years due to my disability.  This is the first trip I have taken and might be the last for awhile.  So to have this happen is just disasterous.  I'm half a country away from home and driving back over the next two weeks starting tomorrow.  If I don't just pay out of pocket to get the gimbal fixed, then the entire rest of the trip will be a complete waste of time.  I'm just devestated this has happened.
2022-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules