2.4 Ghz vs 5.8 Ghz
1653 8 2022-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TracieLouise
lvl.2
Australia

I have read on this forum that it isn't a good idea to permanently switch out of 'dual' mode into one or other of the two signals, however, my drone can't maintain signal at 2.4 now.  No matter where I am (and I have travelled 4200km in the past two weeks), it always looses signal in 2.4.  Even if the drone is 3 feet above my head.  Signal lost.

However if I change over to 5.8Ghz it flies just fine.  I haven't been brave enough to fly far, but I have tried flying high, and so far no loss of signal on 5.8.  But having to manually change this before ever flight is beyond annoying especially since I still have to calibrate the compass before every single flight (and I know I'm not the only one).  

To my brain, the dual mode should automatically search the best signal and switch between them.  Which is why it is not advised on this forum to move out of dual mode into a single mode.  However, if 2.4 is not cutting it, which it is not on my drone, then why doesn't it automatically switch to 5.8.  Why do I need to do this manually every flight.  And if dual isn't functioning as I imagine it should, then why can't I just permanently switch to 5.8 and just make sure I don't try and fly too far.

I have spent hours on the DJI chat and all anyone there can ever say is "send it back for assessment".  What is the point of so-called chat experts, who only advise is send it back.
2022-9-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what Phantom series drone are you referring on your post? Since you are having issues with Auto Channel mode in the DJI Go 4 APP, can you please try to sync all of your flight records and please uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go 4 app then have a test flight to see if the issue persists? You may perform the IMU calibration to see if this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-10-1
Use props
TracieLouise
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-1 00:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what Phantom series drone are you referring on your post? Since you are having issues with Auto Channel mode in the DJI Go 4 APP, can you please try to sync all of your flight records and please uninstall and reinstall the DJI Go 4 app then have a test flight to see if the issue persists? You may perform the IMU calibration to see if this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

It’s a P4P+ V2. So I don’t use an app.  All software is up to date.
2022-10-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-1 00:11

You may perform the IMU calibration to see if this helps.
That's a ridiculous suggestion.
The IMU has nothing at all to do with the control signal.
Giving misinformation is worse than no information.

Do you moderators know anything about drones?
2022-10-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

TracieLouise Posted at 10-1 00:51
It’s a P4P+ V2. So I don’t use an app.  All software is up to date.

Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-2
Use props
TracieLouise
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-2 21:00
Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.

OMG!!  Is 'sending it in'  the only response you people know how to give!!!!  
2022-10-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TracieLouise Posted at 10-2 21:38
OMG!!  Is 'sending it in'  the only response you people know how to give!!!!

No .. A couple of their other favourites to copy and paste include:

Good day and thank you for these information that you have shared with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on DJI please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support.

Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support
2022-10-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Flying up is incorrect.  Fly low and out and aim your controller correctly, then give us some feedback.

You can't store your drone between two stereo speakers as indicated in your other thread.  Do you know why speakers are almost as heavy as bricks?  Store your drone somewhere else in a location free from nearby ferrous metals.

Good luck
2022-10-4
Use props
TracieLouise
lvl.2
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 10-4 15:22
Flying up is incorrect.  Fly low and out and aim your controller correctly, then give us some feedback.

You can't store your drone between two stereo speakers as indicated in your other thread.  Do you know why speakers are almost as heavy as bricks?  Store your drone somewhere else in a location free from nearby ferrous metals.

I have always flown straight up and then out for 5 years now without a problem.  But I will do as you suggest.  I am now storing my drone in a completely seperate room from the speaker.  Although I began to have this issue part way into a caravanning trip 2000km away from my home speakers.  There was never an issue prior to this.
2022-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules