DJI Avata bizarre crashes in manual mode
3555 15 2022-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans93492ae5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 486503 ft
Brazil

When is DJI going to fix those DJI Avata bizarre crashes when making sharp left curves in manual mode?

I bought the Avata to fly in MANUAL mode and I can't because my drone can simply fall out of the sky.

When are you going to fix this DJI?
2022-10-2
Use props
Elendel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458904 ft
Philippines

DJI doesn't care as long as they make sales.
2022-10-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening? In addition I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-10-3
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like an explanation... same guy.

2022-10-3
Use props
fans93492ae5
lvl.3
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-3 00:22
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening? In addition I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.

No error messages at all.
2022-10-3
Use props
fans93492ae5
lvl.3
Brazil

Bob Brown Posted at 10-3 03:32
Looks like an explanation... same guy.

https://youtu.be/g012Jow1J6Y

Exactly. They should stop fooling users and selling this if it's not fixable. If it's not meant to do such maneuvers than it should not be allowed to do such maneuvers. That's deceiving.
The problem is not the "washout" itself. It is how the drone responds to the "washout" by flipping upside down and accelerating towards the ground.
2022-10-3
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans93492ae5 Posted at 10-3 07:54
Exactly. They should stop fooling users and selling this if it's not fixable. If it's not meant to do such maneuvers than it should not be allowed to do such maneuvers. That's deceiving.
The problem is not the "washout" itself. It is how the drone responds to the "washout" by flipping upside down and accelerating towards the ground.

Yeah.. hopefully fixed in the next fw update. I have a FPV Controller 2 that sits in the box until all of this is worked out. I have Care refresh but who want't to fly, crash and pay only to wait 2 weeks to do it all over again?

not this guy.

For now I fly with the MC. Fly Safe and have fun!
2022-10-3
Use props
panel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12047 ft
United Kingdom

This looks really bad.

I guess manual mode is not an option for now
2022-10-3
Use props
fansf0572733
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2098566 ft
United States

These crash videos are concerning leading me to cancel my pre order as I only fly in manual mode.
2022-10-3
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting, seems like the problem is with the Manual mode because I am doing sharp 180 degrees turn on Sport mode at higher speed (also windy) than the pilot shows in the video and I have not got any problems.  But I did noticed some deviation if I mix roll,  pitch and yaw commands all together, perhaps the processor or the program cannot handle all the information mixed up and shut the motors, and all that besides the nature of the design that makes it prone for those problems. I have had zero problems flying in Sport mode and not using the roll stick at all, thinking even in make a gate to not have the right stick going right or left...I wish AVATA would have the feature Mini3 Pro has to cancel side ways fly.
2022-10-3
Use props
fansfee732c8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1810879 ft
United States

Mine crashed today same exact way that’s been explained except I was using sport mode, turned hard left in sport mode at an altitude at about 6 feet I turned the left the avata whe t crazy tumbling across the ground busted the gimbal I think cuz it don’t work. Using the motion controller too by the way not the Fpv remote
2022-10-5
Use props
OnePixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

fansfee732c8 Posted at 10-5 19:19
Mine crashed today same exact way that’s been explained except I was using sport mode, turned hard left in sport mode at an altitude at about 6 feet I turned the left the avata whe t crazy tumbling across the ground busted the gimbal I think cuz it don’t work. Using the motion controller too by the way not the Fpv remote

At this point the problem seems to me more serious than it might have appeared a few days ago. If even with the MC in sport mode, Avata commits suicide, I think I will not fly my Avata until a firmware fixes the situation.

Thank you
2022-10-6
Use props
TTV-VoidGG_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138051 ft
Philippines

I tried making an explainer video for this one hope you check it out
2022-10-6
Use props
TTV-VoidGG_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138051 ft
Philippines

OnePixel Posted at 10-6 02:39
At this point the problem seems to me more serious than it might have appeared a few days ago. If even with the MC in sport mode, Avata commits suicide, I think I will not fly my Avata until a firmware fixes the situation.

Thank you

I haven't really experienced any until now, flying it in normal and sports mode.
I don't know if you should intentionally yaw or bank like a racing drone using a whoop type especially with this design that is top heavy.
2022-10-7
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

TTV-VoidGG_ Posted at 10-6 03:26
I tried making an explainer video for this one  hope you check it out  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDG-Pps1ByE

If you are going to make a "science based" video on why this issue happens, you might want to have more than one video as your source of information about the issue and you certainly should at least look at some of the videos that lead to crashes. You use one video from a guy who couldn't cause the issue on his drone as your only source of information. I have seen a few different videos. With some, it's hard to tell if it was pilot error or not but with some, the flip looks unrecoverable. I have seen one where the issue occurred switching into manual without a turn and one where it looked like there was enough time for the pilot to respond but it was like there were no inputs after the issue, not even incorrect ones. it looks like the quad was unresponsive the whole way down.

I have not had any issues with my Avata yet but don't think that it's due to whatever pilot skills I have. Either there are just a few bad Avatas out there or there's a software bug that most of us have been lucky enough to not have triggered yet.
2022-10-7
Use props
Mat8861
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169400 ft
Italy

There is one thing i want to hilight, the AVATA has been published as an FPV drone, subcategory cinewoop? Really doesn't matter. Well there is obviously something wrong if with my drone i cannot do a fast turn, because it flip over. The real fact is also that this problem cannot be analyzed in depth, because as we know data logs are restricted to DJI and that's another bad thing. We can only hope that DJI engineers will fix or find a patch to this big problem. When i got the Mini 3 pro i must say that after couple months and 2 firmware update many fix and improvements were done by DJI, now i hope they will do the same with Avata, otherwise DJI will loose completly credibility on its drones.The Avata has really a big problem !!!
2022-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules