Video of White horse, UK
774 6 2015-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ploy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all,
Please see my most recent video taken in Wiltshire, UK.
Across the UK (Mostly in the South West) there are a number of horseswhich were built out of the hill side which were originally made in chalk. Morerecently though due to erosion and preservation they have been resurfaced withconcrete. The reasons surrounding their presence are unknown but certaintheorists think they may have been to commemorate battles and Royals during theearly 1700’s. I hope to take some more videos similar to this before the summeris out. I hope you enjoy and get an understanding of its size and how it looksout across the county.

Jon  
2015-8-10
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Great video, nice flying.

On the chalk horses note, what a travesty that they would fill it in with concrete! l know they're hard work to maintain with chalk/limestone erosion and with overgrowth, but they have to be big tourist draws, especially Uffington.
2015-8-10
Use props
Ploy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

CapitAn Posted at 2015-8-10 22:32
Great video, nice flying.

On the chalk horses note, what a travesty that they would fill it in wit ...

Thanks CapitAn,

Yeah real shame, i think on previous occasions they have used various methods to conserve it but more often or not it's ended up lasting about a year or two and then looks very dirty again. It does draw a number of tourists though, in fact when i was up there i was chatting to a couple who were from Australia. Some very nice walks around that particular area.
2015-8-10
Use props
chris
lvl.2

Finland

great video thanks for the visual memorys, reminds me of when I used to be a paraglider and hang glider instructor around the Wiltshire area back in late 90´s , sat and flown over the same route and view many times in my youth
do tey still allow paragliding up there these days ????

trouble was though if it was good to fly , you also got the fumes from the concrete factory down the hill in the distace blowing in your face
2015-8-10
Use props
Ploy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

chris@chris-hil Posted at 2015-8-10 23:39
great video thanks for the visual memorys, reminds me of when I used to be a paraglider and hang gli ...

Hi Chris,

Yes they do still do it there and can imagine how nice it must of been to glide over the hill. Re your comment about the cement factory that's still there but I was fortunate to not smell it. It's a bit of a catch 22 as when I've been up there in the past the gusts have been far too strong to fly or risk it so I've been monitoring weather and wind for some time now and fortunately had this particular day.

Glad you enjoyed the memories
2015-8-10
Use props
chris
lvl.2

Finland

I did thanks and we used to go a damm bit higher than dji's 500 meters
2015-8-10
Use props
chris
lvl.2

Finland

I was just wondering we used to get thermals off the plains below that would make us climb at 7 meters a second, what would the phantom do once 500 m was reached with a decent of only 5 meters a second if flown in a good thermal ???
2015-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules