DJI Go4 instant crash when I start, since tablet update
823 3 2022-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gordon G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6813868 ft
Australia

I installed an OS update for my Samsung S6 Lite tablet yesterday, and now I am unable to start DJI Go4, which immediately closes when I try to run it.
After several attempts, a system message appears saying there is a bug in the software, and to clear the cache, but it continues to fail. Is there a fix for this?
TIA

Android One UI version 4.1.1
Android version 12
DJI Go4 version 4.3.46

The app doesn't appear to be on Google Play any more, but I found an apparent update on DJI's store, although version 4.3.52 with a really long file name ending iin .apk is not a file that my tablet (or laptop) recognises, so it doesn't appear to be a very useful update!
2022-10-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

An apk file is an install file for Android.
If you copy to the tablet and execute it, it should install the app.

The latest Android update caused problems for the DJI app.
DJI released that updated app version to fix the issue with the updated Android version.
If you can run that apk, that should fix things for you.

https://www.lifewire.com/apk-file-4152929

2022-10-21
Use props
Gordon G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6813868 ft
Australia

Thanks Labroides.

Unfortunately I have not been able to run it yet.

Initially the tablet did not know what to do with it. Then after several attempts a message appeared saying it was not allowing a non-Google Play app to be installed.

I went into settings to allow DJI Go4 to "Install unknown apps", but that makes no difference. Every time I try it it says to go to settings, but it is already allowed. I've tried not allowing, allowing, rebooting etc, but to no effect.

However, after a bit more thought about what it said in the link you posted, I allowed 'My Files' to install unknown apps, and then it worked

The app now starts, but I haven't tried flying as it is raining ATM. I'll test it out shortly once this shower passes.

UPDATE - good news, it all works again It did pop up a new warning about flying in S mode, stopping distance etc, and claiming the descent speed was a lot faster, but it isn't, it is still 3m/s.

2022-10-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We're glad that you already managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules