How do I change username in DJI Fly?
4527 22 2022-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
beiseman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49626 ft
United States

My username in the DJI Fly app is stuck in the default "djiuser_xxxxxxxxx" where it is just a bunch of random characters after the underscore. I obviously would like to change this to a more suitable username.

If I tap on the username, I get the Edit screen. Change the username to what I want, then click Done, it says "Updated Successfully." But when I return to the main page, it hasn't saved the new username.

What could I possibly be doing wrong? Seems like a very easy thing, but it's just not working. Anyone?
2022-10-25
Use props
beiseman
lvl.1
United States

By the way, same thing applies for the photo. If I try changing that, it doesn't save either.
2022-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello, We apologize for the inconvenience. Currently, the function to change the Username and Profile photo is disabled temporarily. It will be opened later, please be patient. Thak you for your support and understanding.
2022-10-25
Use props
beiseman
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-25 19:10
Hello, We apologize for the inconvenience. Currently, the function to change the Username and Profile photo is disabled temporarily. It will be opened later, please be patient. Thak you for your support and understanding.

Thank you, as long as I know it's not something I'm doing wrong, I'm happy to wait. I appreciate your reply!
2022-10-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

beiseman Posted at 10-26 04:46
Thank you, as long as I know it's not something I'm doing wrong, I'm happy to wait. I appreciate your reply!

Hi, Beiseman. You're welcome! Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-10-26
Use props
djiuser_w8vTyF1r2J36
New
Italy

Buonasera, per caso sapete se questo problema è stato risolto? Ho provato ripetutamente a modificare l’username ma senza successo.
Grazie mille a chi saprà darmi una risposta!
2023-3-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_w8vTyF1r2J36 Posted at 3-1 15:11
Buonasera, per caso sapete se questo problema è stato risolto? Ho provato ripetutamente a modificare l’username ma senza successo.
Grazie mille a chi saprà darmi una risposta!

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. The server is updating, and the related feature is currently unavailable. We will fix it soon. Your understanding is highly appreciated and thanks for your cooperation. Have a nice day.
2023-3-1
Use props
djiuser_ge7IRrKnfvxu
New
Flight distance : 12635 ft
Romania

hi ther, still not pssible to change user name and add avatar photo?
i have problem to link my facebook account to... i'm connected to wifi and asking to check network...
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ge7IRrKnfvxu Posted at 3-2 04:33
hi ther, still not pssible to change user name and add avatar photo?
i have problem to link my facebook account to... i'm connected to wifi and asking to check network...

Hi there. To clarify, the server has been updated again just recently. We apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding the account linking issue, may we ask where are you trying to link it to? Also, can you confirm what specific remote controller and mobile phone (if you're using the RC-N1) you are using? If possible, kindly post a screenshot of the error message for confirmation. Thank you.
2023-3-2
Use props
Guilherme Veiga
New
Flight distance : 9390 ft

Germany

Still not working to change username and photo, ive also tried it on skypixel and dont allow me to even change... what about the location why it doesn’t it even appear on my screen to change?
Also, everytime I open my PRO RC controller, it appears with the localization on china… how do I change it?
2023-3-3
Use props
BMC
New
Flight distance : 4590 ft
United States

Still not fixed. Having the same problem. New flyer... Super annoying.
2023-3-4
Use props
Quinzul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246 ft
Czechia

Got the same issue when its gonna be fixed ?
2023-3-5
Use props
djiuser_UdrVrwT9XdlG
New
Sweden

beiseman Posted at 2022-10-25 15:42
By the way, same thing applies for the photo. If I try changing that, it doesn't save either.

Yea my account to Can't change username and pictures
2023-3-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Good day, DJI Pilots. We acknowledge that the issue is ongoing, and our related team are still working to resolve it. We ask for your continued understanding and patience. Thank you.
2023-3-8
Use props
djiuser_uwJHhENk6bIn
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-10-25 19:10

U guys are aware its 2023 now right…and i own 3 diff models DJI at these at this point, yet u guys really cant get this minor glitch written so i dont appear to be a bot to anybody on the outside looking in? Its been some YEARS has been a problem, could i please have a DJI rep give me the courtesy of a personal reply/update at the very least?? Thanks in advance, and is pretty minor compared to the overall flight experience but come on guys..i kno a 7th grader that could fix this code problem but the biggest commercial drone mfgr in the world and set the bar for the commercial market for civil sUAV tech accros the spectrum, but we havent been able to update our name and profile pictures on ur forums, websites, and even on my dji care warranty for 2 years??!? Looking forward to hearing some kind of update..

Best regards,
Cj
2023-3-10
Use props
djiuser_uwJHhENk6bIn
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_uwJHhENk6bIn Posted at 3-10 11:18
U guys are aware its 2023 now right…and i own 3 diff models DJI at these at this point, yet u guys really cant get this minor glitch written so i dont appear to be a bot to anybody on the outside looking in? Its been some YEARS has been a problem, could i please have a DJI rep give me the courtesy of a personal reply/update at the very least?? Thanks in advance, and is pretty minor compared to the overall flight experience but come on guys..i kno a 7th grader that could fix this code problem but the biggest commercial drone mfgr in the world and set the bar for the commercial market for civil sUAV tech accros the spectrum, but we havent been able to update our name and profile pictures on ur forums, websites, and even on my dji care warranty for 2 years??!? Looking forward to hearing some kind of update..

Best regards,

Jus for the record, i continue to pay u guys and have been greatly impressed with your products since day 1 the first time i was intro’d to a quadcopter sUAV, but is starting to urk me and makes my email preview easy to miss these msgs as appears kinda giberishly time and time again..fingers crossed, but jus so u dont think im trollin..heres my latest correspondence,  now that we’ve gotten aquainted would greatly appreciate if we could get on a first name basis finally.. ;) respectfully, this is not how we were meant to communicate with each other, lol but seriously though; hopefully we’ll hear something back
5E612667-474A-4848-B120-5E832CF8C0B0.jpeg
079AB37E-6139-4C92-9FCB-15DE3523D689.jpeg
2023-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_uwJHhENk6bIn Posted at 3-10 11:18
U guys are aware its 2023 now right…and i own 3 diff models DJI at these at this point, yet u guys really cant get this minor glitch written so i dont appear to be a bot to anybody on the outside looking in? Its been some YEARS has been a problem, could i please have a DJI rep give me the courtesy of a personal reply/update at the very least?? Thanks in advance, and is pretty minor compared to the overall flight experience but come on guys..i kno a 7th grader that could fix this code problem but the biggest commercial drone mfgr in the world and set the bar for the commercial market for civil sUAV tech accros the spectrum, but we havent been able to update our name and profile pictures on ur forums, websites, and even on my dji care warranty for 2 years??!? Looking forward to hearing some kind of update..

Best regards,

Thank you for your response. We already forwarded this issue and our relevant team is now looking into it. We will surely keep you posted soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2023-3-11
Use props
djiuser_aubysciHzv7X
New
Flight distance : 397 ft
Romania

Still not working, after years
2023-3-15
Use props
djiuser_4GuO2DAhioOc
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-11 05:06
Thank you for your response. We already forwarded this issue and our relevant team is now looking into it. We will surely keep you posted soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hello fellows djiuser_gibberish

Yes, the issue seems to remain. Very minor thing and just bothersome. Luckily it's not like our drones are flying away, right?

Anyway, would be great if this was fixed. Thanks.
2023-3-16
Use props
Absinthium
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15633 ft
Spain

I have the same problem.
I am unable to change username and photo, both from the DJI RC controller and from the mobile app.
2023-3-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_4GuO2DAhioOc Posted at 3-16 22:13
Hello fellows djiuser_gibberish

Yes, the issue seems to remain. Very minor thing and just bothersome. Luckily it's not like our drones are flying away, right?

Thank you for your response. Rest assured that we are now working on this to fix the said issue. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-17
Use props
djiuser_M7oHQjwp5fCd
New

Canada

hi, can't change username, cant update or do anything, can't log out, is this a trap or what?
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_M7oHQjwp5fCd Posted at 9-15 21:07
hi, can't change username, cant update or do anything, can't log out, is this a trap or what?

Hi, djiuser_M7oHQjwp5fCd. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm you have downloaded the app from our website directly? (https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly). There are some imitated DJI Apps (e.g. DJI Fly-Go for Drone models, DJI Earning app) on Google Play made by illegal individuals for fraud. Which may cause risk to the property security of our users. Please make sure to download it from the link I have provided above.
2023-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules