Focus peaking appears in white, not red as stated in app
1404 6 2022-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rgames
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I just got a Mavic 3 and am using the focus peaking feature.  It says it appears in red but it shows up as white on my screen.
The problem with that is it gets difficult to discern from the overexposure warning that is the same color.  So if you're trying to focus on something against the sky you get a mess of white crosshatch patterns and you can't tell if it's in focus or not.  I'm assuming that's why they intended one to be red and one to be white but, alas, they are both white on my screen.
How do I change it to red?

Thanks

EDIT: I'm using the DJI RC which, I think, uses the DJI Fly app.
2022-11-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

The overexposure overrides the focus indicator. Try with the overexposure turned off.
2022-11-10
Use props
rgames
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-10 17:52
The overexposure overrides the focus indicator. Try with the overexposure turned off.

Ah ok - yes, it changes to red if I disable the overexposure warning.

That's unfortunate...!  Makes it tough to use focus peaking with overexposure warning.

But thanks
2022-11-10
Use props
JLococo
lvl.2

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-10 17:52

I have a similar problem with white focus peaking. I have an AIR 2S with Pro Controller and have never had a problem using  (red) focus peaking and over exposer warning together. I noticed the white focus peaking a few days ago ever since the new Firmware updates. One moment the red highlight is there then white. Once it goes white, it stays white, even when turning overexposure off. Again, I'm thinking the latest firmware update has something to do with it. Will contact DJI tomorrow.
2022-11-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the concern that you have. In addition, could you please provide us the screenshot showing the issue so we can send it directly to our designated team? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-10
Use props
JLococo
lvl.2

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-10 22:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the concern that you have. In addition, could you please provide us the screenshot showing the issue so we can send it directly to our designated team? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

DJI Support team reached out to me. I sent them the requested information including: Fly app version, RC firmware, aircraft SN, aircraft firmware, and a video showing what's going on. Here are a few photos of what's going on. Again, peak focusing highlights turns  red to white when using over exposure warning. Hopefully they can resolve this with a new firmware update. Note: tested with RC Pro Controller, and RC-N1
2022-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JLococo Posted at 11-14 08:13
DJI Support team reached out to me. I sent them the requested information including: Fly app version, RC firmware, aircraft SN, aircraft firmware, and a video showing what's going on. Here are a few photos of what's going on. Again, peak focusing highlights turns  red to white when using over exposure warning. Hopefully they can resolve this with a new firmware update. Note: tested with RC Pro Controller, and RC-N1

Thank you for keeping us posted. Since our team already handling your inquiry, kindly please wait for the update as they are now working on it. Regarding your suggestion, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules