DJI MIC Timecode settings
6873 7 2022-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
memories2memory
New

Canada

Okay - Love my DJI Mics.
Still fairly a NOOB when it comes to Audio capture in general - and love how much the Mics have upped my game.

Has anyone found a work around for TIMECODE syncing their mics in post (i.e. Premiere Pro) vs doing an audio match up?

There has been times when I'm using a 2 camera set up and I have the Mic on my subject (auto record setting), then a camera across the room that is so bombarded with the general noise of the crowd that I can't sync the audio.

My only thought is to make sure that the DJI reciever is connnected to my Camera A and time code matched to Camera B.
But if I have ever a clip on Camera B that was not recorded on Camera A - but I still have the audio captured on the Transmitter (because I just have the mics set to ALWAYS record so I don't miss anything) - I cannot link them without painstakingly doing it manually/visually.

ATTENTION MODERATOR: Can you please forward this request to developers for a firmware update. I notice that there is an internal date/time settings. So I would imagine that this would have all the hardware functionality to be able to handle this request - and would just be a programming/firmware update.
2022-11-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-11-19
Use props
Rodrigo_Kirchner
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

I hope they would do the same as with the osmo pocket - time code sync to phone per phone adapter - then we could use for example tentacle to sync that with our cameras and sync everything with tentacle studio in milliseconds in post (as long the time code is written in our files...
We using up to 10 Dji mics and audio sync is painful...
2023-1-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Are there some settings in the DJI Pocket 2 and/or the DJI Mic that enable using timecodes? Still have no experience on using them, but would be interested to know for further reference if that was possible.
2023-1-23
Use props
Marlow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37316 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HGDC84 Posted at 1-23 10:58
Are there some settings in the DJI Pocket 2 and/or the DJI Mic that enable using timecodes? Still have no experience on using them, but would be interested to know for further reference if that was possible.

No.

The only DJI device in that segment, that currently can be timecode jammed, is the DJI Osmo Action 3.

You can see here, how that is done:

It would be great, if we could LTC timecode jam the transmitters of the DJI Mic. Or even the transmitter and let that send the timecode signal to the transmitters.

/M
2023-2-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Marlow Posted at 2-12 11:32
No.

The only DJI device in that segment, that currently can be timecode jammed, is the DJI Osmo Action 3.

Thanks for your straight-to-the-point reply. Will have to check that out if I end up getting the Osmo Action 3 at some point, though for me, it doesn't seem likely, at least of now.
2023-2-12
Use props
djiuser_Hb5Sil4tpdiV
lvl.1
United States

We had to return our DJI mic due to this issue.  We loved the mics, but when you get beyond a few mics timecode was a big issue.  I am surprised they didn't at least allow bluetooth sync with Atomos UltraSync BLUE Wireless Timecode Sync.  We had to go with a different product.  Hopefully they resolve this.
2023-4-10
Use props
djiuser_Hb5Sil4tpdiV
lvl.1
United States

Sorry for the double post.  Seems the site is having an issue.  Doesn't tell or show you posted.  Until you refresh you don't see or know anything happened.
2023-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules