Battery charging hub....should've read the details
3227 18 2015-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamesmason1972
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Just received my battery charging hub.....should've read the specifications before purchasing.
I was under the impression that it charged all batteries at once so therefore having a full batch within a short period.
After plugging it in and connecting batteries and seeing only one battery was charging.
Looked into the paperwork and discovered that it charges one at a time in sequence starting from the least depleted. I feel that this is actually a waste of money considering that you should never leave batteries charging without some form of supervision......like leaving the premises or overnight as this could be dangerous due to potential fire risk. As you might as well just charge with normal charger and change one at a time...there is no real time saving or real major benefit.....apart from it helps the lazier man who can't be bothered to change a plug once in a while! Therefore what's the point?The only benifit that I can see that maybe relieving a slight pain in the prosterier is that you can update the firmware of all of the batteries while plugged into the hub......I have yet to try this so we will see!

2015-8-15
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

James,

I wrote and commented in a forum post just after this product was released.  I highlighted then that it does not charge all 4 batteries at the same time but rather charges them in order or battery life remaining.

If as you say you can update 4 batteries at the same time this may be a good feature but as I don't have one I can't comment.  

I also just don't see the benefit of this product, if it only charges one at a time.
2015-8-15
Use props
alan
lvl.2

United States

The $90 is far better spent on another 180w charger.
2015-8-15
Use props
Tournique80
lvl.2

Mexico

I feel really stupid. I bought this product tha last week thinking It has the capability to charge all the batteries at the same time. I did not read
2015-8-15
Use props
Citation
lvl.3
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

Tournique80 Posted at 2015-8-16 00:44
I feel really stupid. I bought this product tha last week thinking It has the capability to charge a ...

I have five separate chargers and no worries.
2015-8-15
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

I was gonna buy it but I read about it, 100% worthless product
2015-8-15
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Tournique80 Posted at 2015-8-16 00:44
I feel really stupid. I bought this product tha last week thinking It has the capability to charge a ...

same here my friend...same here.
All I could do after testing was SMH and laugh
2015-8-16
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

so how does the upgrade of the batteries while on the hub works?
2015-8-16
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ugh just bought this & how useless it is. While its nice to tidy the desk its very expensive to only charge 1 at a time! Also it should come with its own power lead!!!
2015-9-9
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Personally I'm very happy with the hub.

I put 4 batteries on it before bed and in the morning I have my batteries ready to go for another shoot.
2015-9-12
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

I'm with burlingtonfilms. Works prefect plug them the night before and the ready go in the morning, don't have to worry about switching them as they finish charging
2015-9-12
Use props
rwynant
lvl.1

United States

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-12 15:11
I'm with burlingtonfilms. Works prefect plug them the night before and the ready go in the morning,  ...

OK folks........I know there are many rolling their eyes.........plug in 4 lipos and go to sleep???????

The President of the Silent Electric Flyers of San Diego had his work shop go up in flames while charging LIPO batteries.  Stepped away for a sammich, and the son said DAD.....THE SHOPS ON FIRE

Total loss......This has been posted on the AMA website as well as many other local and National Sites.
Here's 1......https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/96d7

I DO NOT SUGGEST plugging in 4 Batteries of any kind to cycle through 4 charging cycles.  DJI batteries are Hi Tech......all the way up to the fact they are LIPO chemistry....and that can NOT be trusted.

Randy
www.sefsd.org
2015-9-12
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-13 06:22
Exactly, that's why I nearly fell about laughing when our dealer explained that the charging hub on ...

The Smartpowercharger is the absolute best way to charge everything at once. To be clear it will charge 4 batteries, two controllers, and two usb type devises at the SAME time. It also is able to deep cycle the aircraft batteries as DJI suggests and as required with the recent changes in firmware. Hands down the best charging solution that's made.
2015-9-13
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

i love the charging hubs and have one for the p3 and inspire. ymmv.
2015-10-1
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>

paulkerry what is the numbering scheme you're using on the individual batteries?
2015-10-3
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32730 ft
United Kingdom

Where do you get the smart chargers from?
2015-10-4
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

mikegil Posted at 2015-10-5 01:47

The website, search google
2015-10-5
Use props
lighter
New
Flight distance : 583845 ft
Canada

nicely put I as well had the same thought that I could charge it and take it on the road out to the country where there are no plug- ins.
2016-4-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

mikegil Posted at 2015-10-4 22:47

it is an awesome product

http://www.smartpowercharge.com/index.php

Rich
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules