POI-FollowMe-Waypoints Available on Phantom 3 Pro/Adv?
3983 24 2015-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
suhailimtiaz
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone - I just heard that Points of Interest, Waypoints, and Follow Me functionality are now available on the Phantom 3 Standard that does not appear to be the case for the Phantom 3 Professional or Advanced editions (although it's been rumored as "coming soon" for several months now).  Anyone have any additional insights/updates as to when these functions will be available on the Professional/Advanced editions?
2015-8-16
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not available on either Standard,Advanced or Pro. Will be soon though.

DJI Stated 6 months after launch and its on track ;)
2015-8-16
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Soooon.. the ever so familiar refrain from a wildly popular song " Way points and follow me" performed by the DJI'S.  LOL  
2015-8-16
Use props
Skater67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

Looking forward to all the advances.  It's on the way for sure just don't know when.
I just hope that's not Follow Me Into a Tree!  Maybe I will have to mount a rear view mirror on my remote.
2015-8-16
Use props
CloudCityDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177106 ft
  • >>>
United States

The POI (Point of Interest), Follow Me, Way points,  and IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control) are not available for any of the P3 series. Unfortunately there is no release date either. I have heard that these features will be available to both the Pro/Adv and later the Inspire 1.

Hope this helps!

www.cloudcitydrones.com
2015-8-16
Use props
reuben
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91480450 ft
  • >>>
Mauritius

CloudCityDrones Posted at 2015-8-17 01:47
The POI (Point of Interest), Follow Me, Way points,  and IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control) are n ...

Nopes, IOC is available on the P3P - it has the Course Lock ... i've been testing that functionality, you have to enable Multiple flight modes in the app, and then when you flip the left hand side toggle on the remote, you can lock the course... interesting feature to move about a central point  while keeping it in focus...
2015-8-16
Use props
Skater67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

CloudCityDrones,  do you have the DJI3 Professional with the new, enhanced, engines in stock?
Thanks,
2015-8-16
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

CloudCityDrones Posted at 2015-8-17 01:47
The POI (Point of Interest), Follow Me, Way points,  and IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control) are n ...

Where the "help"
2015-8-16
Use props
CloudCityDrones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

reuben Posted at 2015-8-17 02:49
Nopes, IOC is available on the P3P - it has the Course Lock ... i've been testing that functionali ...

Interesting thanks for the info.
2015-8-16
Use props
CloudCityDrones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Skater67 Posted at 2015-8-17 03:38
CloudCityDrones,  do you have the DJI3 Professional with the new, enhanced, engines in stock?
Thanks ...

Not yet we are waiting for DJI to reply back to us.
2015-8-16
Use props
CloudCityDrones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

On behalf of Cloud City Drones I do apologize for the wrong info... We are trying to help as many hobbyists as possible.

www.cloudcitydrones.com  
2015-8-16
Use props
CloudCityDrones
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

On behalf of Cloud City Drones I do apologize for the wrong info... We are trying to help as many hobbyists as possible.

www.cloudcitydrones.com  
2015-8-16
Use props
Skygod14
lvl.2

United Kingdom

it will happen eventually... I was recently looking into the BETA testing for follow me, waypoint etc. and it is still clearly being tested...
2015-8-17
Use props
Quadtastrophe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 172267 ft
United States

POI

sticks toward each other:  clockwise rotation around your poi.

sticks away from each other: counterclockwise.

easy peasy.  (in theory)
2015-8-17
Use props
Superfantastic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396398 ft
United Kingdom

As much as we moan for thease features , I like the fact that we keep getting more updates every month or so, keeps us interested and makes it exciting, if had had this from the start it might get a little similar after a few months. Classic Apple tactic, they can give you it but just five you little bit by bit.
2015-8-17
Use props
rzade
lvl.1

United States

I am still wondering how they get away with the blatant false advertising? The adds for the Standard model clearly state that these features are included with the aircraft. Not that they will be added at a later date, someday, maybe,perhaps! We the users are being duped and used as beta testers by DJI and we don't even get kissed! We have a term for this tactic, VAPORWARE! It is a common tactic in the middle east. What you need will always be ready tomorrow but as the wise man once said Tomorrow never comes!
2015-8-17
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

Nopes, IOC is available on the P3P - it has the Course Lock ... i've been testing that functionali ...

Yea, I love it,  give me a sense of security, when I have sense to turn it on!
2015-8-17
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

rzade@hotmail.c Posted at 2015-8-18 06:03
I am still wondering how they get away with the blatant false advertising? The adds for the Standard ...

"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"
2015-8-17
Use props
reuben
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mauritius

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-8-18 07:06
Yea, I love it,  give me a sense of security, when I have sense to turn it on!

Yeah, not only that, it allows you to go about a central point while keeping it in focus! Say you want to film  a building or a moving car/boat ... you come in from behind, flip the IOC switch, reset the direction, and keep going forward, while turning around and keeping the car/boat in view... , and even when you're in front... you turn completely around... move to the other side and come back on the other side... all this with your target still in sight :-)

Very useful mode...
2015-8-19
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

reuben Posted at 2015-8-20 14:37
Yeah, not only that, it allows you to go about a central point while keeping it in focus! Say you  ...

I was trying to learn how to do POI,  I thought I had it turned on,   switch was ON but I ended way out of the area I was trying to film. after multiple tries, I was scratching my head,  what is going on?  Well, Duh... I have to start in P-mode first before I can switch it on.. by the time I realized that battery was getting low.  Lesson learned, try again in another day.
2015-8-20
Use props
reuben
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mauritius

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-8-20 20:50
I was trying to learn how to do POI,  I thought I had it turned on,   switch was ON but I ended wa ...

Oh... I've never tried taking off with it... always flipped it on before action...

And I'm currently grounded - broke my gimbal... phantom went backwards into the plants right after take off... I pulled it out, but it went back again, close to the wall... dunno why and it finally bumped into a twig and fell from 2.6m of height onto solid ground when I was trying to steer it away...

More than 50 flights and it never had a mind of it's own... dunno what happened...

Either way I bought some 3D printed replacement parts for the gimbal online and should be flying in a week or 2....
2015-8-21
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

Sorry for your troubles!   It seems that you will never what will happen, hopefully you will find out just what was wrong at the time that caused the crash.
2015-8-21
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

Using my phone can't seem to find the edit function!
2015-8-21
Use props
StephLed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347365 ft
United States

IOC available on the P3P only?
2015-8-21
Use props
michael.j.addis
New

Australia

Hi. I have a P3 Professional. I have downloaded the latest firmware and app updates, but I cant find the "follow me" buttons on the pilot app. Can anyone help me here?
2015-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules