2734 7 2022-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eduard Pitka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 454662 ft
Czechia

Hi there,

recently i have started using the Mavic 3 Cine and i have to say i am quite impressed by the visual quality this small machine can deliver, but, i think the hefty price especialy on the Cine version is inadequate. Here is a list of features that would lift Mavic 3 Cine worth-it koeficient WAAAY up!

Pro Res RAW - i cant wrap my head around, why Mavic 3 does not use ProRes RAW, it has the same bitrate as 422 HQ which could be found in the Cine. It would bring so much flexibility into post and truly "validate" the Cine title.

DJI Fly - this app feels so restricted, before Mavic 3 Cine i have use the OG Mavic Pro, that has DJI GO 4 app and compared to that DJI Fly feels like a children's toy. It feels very restricted, on the OG Mavic you could have set up everything possible. Manual control over tint would be great, all the inteligent flymodes, i quite miss the creative modes or different shooting styles (d-cinelike, vivid...), i would also really like to have control of AEB "stops", there is 0.7 EV default, but the ability to change that would be great. Now i have to use 5 AEB sometimes insted of 3 AEB with 1.3 stops apart.

USB-C SSD - having the abbility to "dump" all the footage into an external SSD would be so good! Speeding up the whole - unpacking, plugin the drone into the pc and then immediately packing it up again, instead of that i could "dump" all the footage i need into an external SSD after the drone lands...

Thanks guys for any reply!

2022-12-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Pro-Res RAW is owned by Apple, and they do not give anything away for free. You would have to pay a licence fee to use it.
2022-12-28
Use props
Eduard Pitka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 454662 ft
Czechia

Geebax Posted at 12-28 12:56
Pro-Res RAW is owned by Apple, and they do not give anything away for free. You would have to pay a licience to use it.

I know that, but since the drone cost, i would really appreciate having Pro Res RAW capabilites, or at least having the option to buy the licence, just like the Inspire.
2022-12-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Eduard Pitka. Thank you for reaching out. We understand how these optimizations and new features will bring convenience and contribute to a better user experience for our DJI Pilots. We will record your requests and forward them to our designated department for evaluation. Significant suggestions will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com).
Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2022-12-28
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When releasing a Prosumer drone, you can't give away all the best things in one go, or you'll have nothing to sell in the future which will have any meaningful updates which will attract buyers to upgrade. It's also something which might eat into future Inspire 3 sales, especially if they somehow crack building it to weigh under 900g.

I'll guess that a Mavic 4 Cine does come with this option in the future though.
2022-12-29
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Eduard,

I agree with CloudVisual. DJI have already outdone themselves and "killed" the Phantom (4 Pro v2) line , as Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Enterprise (with global shutter) just outdo Phantom line, which is out of stock and not sure if DJI would replenish it even. That is with better range / transmission , longer lasting batteries, higher quality video and photo with more codecs to choose from with Mavic 3 lines. But in any case, would definitely appreciate Apple Pro Res Raw and other suggestions to be included on Mavic 3 lines.

Take care, Mike.
2022-12-29
Use props
KellyTX
New
Flight distance : 39948 ft
United States

Id love a swappable ssd in the Mavic 3 cine. if it used an M.2 format it could be super light and easy. One screw just like I use in a drive enclosure. I'd be thrilled to carry a screw driver around to change out an ssd card.
2023-5-2
Use props
danielson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2217149 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi
I do own the Mavic 3 Cine and the Mavic 3 Pro Cine.

Yes, ProRes RAW would be nice.
But I see the limitation in the sensor size and optical performance, which is on the limit - e.g. sharpness in the edges and moirés on certain structures.

ProRes HQ is already a overkill. H265 is perfect and compared side by side to the ProRes HQ they have more or less the same amount of latitude and wiggle room. In Davinci Resolve I do not see much different between these two codecs. I tested that side by side with the same shot.

I love the fast transfer over the USB-C cable from the internal storage and I love that the drone has the C1 label. And the strong wind resistance and reliability and it’s much more quitter than my Inspire 2.

@DJI: thank you very much in investing a lot in R&D

Very Best,
Daniel
2023-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules