Jerky Video
1644 19 2023-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Flight distance : 529065 ft
Spain

Hello! May I ask a question about jerky video? I understand the use of ND filters and slew rate for the gimbal but I still seem to get jerky video rotation using the left stick and in gimbal movements.....this is not just my control of the sticks it does it too in Mastershots. Attached is a video of an un edited mastershot.....is this the best I can expect from the drone....I am delighted with the mini 3 pro but it may be that I have an issue with the gimbal. All three things....compass, IMU and Gimbal calibrated. Thanks in advance for comments and help. Mark
2023-1-1
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

Well....very strange the forum won't let me upload the video....I will try posting a youtube link to it
2023-1-1
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Does the drone's frames per second match your video editor's timeline frames per second?
i.e. 30 FPS.
2023-1-1
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

OK here is the youtube link....I tried to post the original mastershot but this site would not let me upload https://youtu.be/_xDvd9bzKzM
2023-1-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried recording to the internal storage a short clip to rule out the SD card?
2023-1-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PS Let me embed that for you

2023-1-1
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

Hello! Right I will try internal memory. The video editor timeline inherits its frame rate from the first clip placed on it.....and the 'jerkiness' is in the mastershots file right off the drone. I would paste the original mastershots file on here but for some reason I cannot upload the video in its dji native form to this page.
2023-1-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Remember rapid movements like horizontal panning will cause stutter due to the compression used.
Also if you have a high shutter speed (ie no ND filters) it'll make it worse.

60fps will help but mastershots arent capable of it.

If you're merging shots with different frame rates you'll need to use optical flow or a similar type of frame blending.
2023-1-1
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That jerkiness of 24/25 frames a second actually gives your footage the cinematic look you're going for. Films shot in 60fps look very odd. Will Smith tried to do it and the film feels wrong.

Make sure you're using an ND filter and keep that shutter at 1/50. I might have spotted the shadows changing exposure in your video, so if you're shooting in auto settings please avoid that!

Anyway, have a look at this video and see if you can feel how it's not cinematic when shot in 60fps.

2023-1-1
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

Well that is interesting.....thank you all very much. I only have ND filters up to 32 but it certainly looks like I need some higher values. I am very grateful to you all for taking the time to comment. Cheers, Mark
2023-1-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Remember the f/1.7 lens is faster than most older drones so you need 1-1.5 stops darker filters than previously.

Not helped by lots of companies being lazy and just releasing the same packs as previously which often arent dark enough.
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, Mark. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we please ask to upload the video on a shareable link like Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
2023-1-1
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is your frame rate and shutter speed on the example clip you posted?
2023-1-1
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

1920 x 1030, 30 fps. I haven't got the shutter speed when it was shot because I did not understand about the hidden subtitle files....I do now.....also it was derived from a Mastershot and maybe the data file is not generated anyway. I have learnt and been directed to a lot of information having made this post so I will repeat the experiment once we get some calm weather here. Thanks for all the help. Mark
2023-1-2
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-1 18:48
Hello, Mark. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we please ask to upload the video on a shareable link like Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your cooperation and support.

Thanks for your reply. I have uploaded the video to Google Drive for you to look at rather than the render from Youtube. I have learnt a lot from this post and now have several things to try out. I am delighted with the drone.....I just want to make sure I get the best out of it that I can. Thanks for looking. Mark
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SpikeHuelva Posted at 1-2 02:25
Thanks for your reply. I have uploaded the video to Google Drive for you to look at rather than the render from Youtube. I have learnt a lot from this post and now have several things to try out. I am delighted with the drone.....I just want to make sure I get the best out of it that I can. Thanks for looking. Mark

Hello, Mark. Thank you for your cooperation. We have replied to your PM, kindly check. Thank you.
2023-1-7
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2733720 ft
  • >>>
Romania

SpikeHuelva Posted at 1-2 02:25

What you have is an user error both in recording and in editing.
1. The movement is far too fast for this sensor...a 90 degrees movement of gimbal should be made in full 22 seconds in order to have a smooth feeling. Does not matter you use 60fps or 24fps, the difference between 24 and 60 is only 5 seconds, so at 60 fps you can make a 90 degree movement in only 17 seconds versus 22 seconds in 24fps (so is not HALF TIME, ok?).
2. You have 2 different footage there...so in Premiere Pro or Davinci you need to REINTERPRET all footage on same FPS. After this, any change in speed must be made using OPTICAL FLOW option, as you will have skipped frames. Learn how the video is made, how FPS are composed and what is the Primary Frame in each set of FPS...(encoding of frames). Will help you.
3. You need to use a universal FPS in order to be without visible skips...this is why many use 24fps, as all TV's have Movie Mode with 24FPS adapted and Anti-Jitter for it. I advice you to use a base of 30FPS at start, in order to have room for slow-downs to 24fps and in editing DO NOT use SPEED but FPS REINTERPRETATION at beginning...this will prevent the Primary frame to be reencoded twice and your video to look like a blinking man looking at it.

Cheers.
2023-1-9
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-9 06:33
What you have is an user error both in recording and in editing.
1. The movement is far too fast for this sensor...a 90 degrees movement of gimbal should be made in full 22 seconds in order to have a smooth feeling. Does not matter you use 60fps or 24fps, the difference between 24 and 60 is only 5 seconds, so at 60 fps you can make a 90 degree movement in only 17 seconds versus 22 seconds in 24fps (so is not HALF TIME, ok?).
2. You have 2 different footage there...so in Premiere Pro or Davinci you need to REINTERPRET all footage on same FPS. After this, any change in speed must be made using OPTICAL FLOW option, as you will have skipped frames. Learn how the video is made, how FPS are composed and what is the Primary Frame in each set of FPS...(encoding of frames). Will help you.

Got it.....and after I have found that wet towel to wrap round my head and worked at it a bit I will understand and apply! Thanks.....I am learning!
2023-1-9
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2733720 ft
  • >>>
Romania

SpikeHuelva Posted at 1-9 07:31
Got it.....and after I have found that wet towel to wrap round my head and worked at it a bit I will understand and apply! Thanks.....I am learning!

No problem...This is simple, I am sure you will get it in a few days from Youtube.
The nicest is HDR editing....and that is true art, as will need also cold water for legs, some potatoes for eyes, mentos for neck and a lot more towels for head... )))))
But it cannot be made properly on Mini 3 or Mavic 3, as they do not have true HDR and HDR container....only some hybrid mumbo jumbo that will never look like a real HDR.
2023-1-10
Use props
fans381faff9
New
Flight distance : 193563 ft
Poland

I have exactly the same problem:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/85VgMjvswZj2QtwHA
2023-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now