Interlaced HDMI output for tv broadcast.
4984 17 2023-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ivamoswp.pl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 880991 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I use DJI drones since S800 for professional tv broadcast. Today is unimaginable to make any live tv event  (sports, concerts or even news) without a drone pictures. A lot of producers says - its such a milestone, that we have "TV before" and "TV with drones". It is so a pleasure to use such small portable devices like Mavic 2 PRO with own stable video transmission. But there have always been compromisses for live broadcast regarding the standard of the output signal. In EU we need to deliver 1080 50i video over SDI. On "old" Smart Controller there was a interlaced HDMI output option (but with a small bug and moving the whole image down a five lines) and the dji transmissin from the drone was limited to 25/30P.
This has changed now with Mavic 3 - whitch is a fantastic piece of engineering. Excellent live picture with 50P transmission - my dreams comes true!  But DJI RC Pro has no more interlaced output option over HDMI. This means - the output signal has not to be only converted to SDI (no problem with a small device) but need more advanced conversion to 50i with external processor. This make the whole system expensive and much more complicated to install (good video processors are rack mounted units, needs power delivery etc.)
The only true reason to purchase DJI RC Pro over great DJ RC is the video output. It is not cheap, so its dedicated definitelly to advanced users or professionals. So please can DJI give us a software update bringing back a good working 50i otput to use it in professional tv broadcast environment? And maybe in next generation direct an SDI (or optical) video output? That will be great!

tv.jpg
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. I will coordinate this suggestion of yours to our relevant team for attention. Please stay tuned on the DJI website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-6
Use props
fans3206e68f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, I completely agree with this. It’s useful in the UK to use the hdmi on the smart controller at 1080i 50 using the Mav Pro 2. But ideally I’d like to upgrade to a Mav 3 and Mini Pro 3 and use the mini HDMI out for interlaced use. Would be great if DJI would update the firmware with interlaced as an option on the RC PRO controller going forward.
2023-1-7
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

TV interlaced ...
... with DJI RC...
... in 2023...???

Really?   
2023-1-15
Use props
ivamoswp.pl
lvl.2
  • >>>
Slovakia

frankymusik Posted at 1-15 23:21
TV interlaced ...
... with DJI RC...
... in 2023...???

Yes. TV broadcast have to be standardised for guaranted compactibility. Broadcast-safe video (broadcast legal or legal signal)  define video and audio compliant with the technical or regulatory broadcast requirements of the target area or region the feed might be broadcasting to. Standards in Europe are set by the European Broadcasting Union. So the majority of tv broadcasters here  use 1080i signal.
Live tv broadcast needs hundreds of specialized devices and these must be synchronized and work in the same video signal format - because all the signals are mixed and used simultaneously.  There are not only 25 cameras attached to the tv truck, there are satellite connections with other studios etc.  
For youtube you need only a camera and maybe laptop for editing - so you can do whatever you want. But changing the tv broadcast ecosystem is a completelly different story.
2023-1-16
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

ivamoswp.pl Posted at 1-16 01:31
Yes. TV broadcast have to be standardised for guaranted compactibility. Broadcast-safe video (broadcast legal or legal signal)  define video and audio compliant with the technical or regulatory broadcast requirements of the target area or region the feed might be broadcasting to. Standards in Europe are set by the European Broadcasting Union. So the majority of tv broadcasters here  use 1080i signal.
Live tv broadcast needs hundreds of specialized devices and these must be synchronized and work in the same video signal format - because all the signals are mixed and used simultaneously.  There are not only 25 cameras attached to the tv truck, there are satellite connections with other studios etc.  
For youtube you need only a camera and maybe laptop for editing - so you can do whatever you want. But changing the tv broadcast ecosystem is a completelly different story.

... I see!      
2023-1-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I want it just for my DJI Goggles, prob the 1st thing i asked for when it was 1st released, just a few months off a year now, so i wouldnt hold up much hope!!
2023-1-16
Use props
ivamoswp.pl
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Any news here?  Anyone using Mavic 3 with RC PRO for tv broadcast need still use  a 1000 EUR + converter.  Can we please have interlaced output like it was with the old smart controller?
2023-2-20
Use props
Nospin
lvl.1
United States

I need the HDMI output to be at 59.94 framerate for US broadcast TV standard
I can live with converting P to I but not at 60fps

Any Info DJI?
2023-6-28
Use props
Videodude
lvl.1

United States

fans3206e68f Posted at 1-7 06:40
Hi, I completely agree with this. It’s useful in the UK to use the hdmi on the smart controller at 1080i 50 using the Mav Pro 2. But ideally I’d like to upgrade to a Mav 3 and Mini Pro 3 and use the mini HDMI out for interlaced use. Would be great if DJI would update the firmware with interlaced as an option on the RC PRO controller going forward.

I agree as well please restore Interlace record and playback. We can only Injest interlace  in our work flow.
Thank you!!
2023-8-3
Use props
djiuser_1mGAS2a90KV9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2369347 ft
Solomon Islands

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-6 00:00
Thank you for your feedback. I will coordinate this suggestion of yours to our relevant team for attention. Please stay tuned on the DJI website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi is there any update on DJI rc pro to support interlace video? If not is there any recommended converter for p to i ?
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_1mGAS2a90KV9 Posted at 8-13 03:34
Hi is there any update on DJI rc pro to support interlace video? If not is there any recommended converter for p to i ?

We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
2023-8-13
Use props
C_Sun_Media
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43832 ft

Austria

We just tested this setup with our OB-Van for a live broadcast event. Everything is working, converting HDMI to SDI to Interlazed, but the image quality lacks a lot. There is some aliasing and pixeled images and I'm not sure if this comes from the conversion or from the image quality through the remote connection in general. Does anyone have experiences with this?
And yes please DJI, we need 50i 25i for Broadcast approaches!
2023-8-22
Use props
ivamoswp.pl
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

C_Sun_Media Posted at 8-22 01:36
We just tested this setup with our OB-Van for a live broadcast event. Everything is working, converting HDMI to SDI to Interlazed, but the image quality lacks a lot. There is some aliasing and pixeled images and I'm not sure if this comes from the conversion or from the image quality through the remote connection in general. Does anyone have experiences with this?
And yes please DJI, we need 50i 25i for Broadcast approaches!

You can check the image quality before convertion - just from the HDMI output. The quality is usually very good. Cheaper small converters looks to have problems with 50P input signal.
2023-8-22
Use props
djiuser_Vr5XFGYlF93Y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106135 ft
United States

I have the same issue and it’s extremely frustrating. The smart controller had many of its own issues with hdmi, but it had many options for output resolutions. Now you can only pick a few choices and no choice for interlaced output which is very important for TV and news. Its crazy that this is still an issue for a $5k drone package to now have a simple firmware update and address this.
2023-9-5
Use props
Chieftog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 568533 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed. Same goes with DJI Transmission. A wonderful device rendered completely useless to broadcast professionals due to having no interlaced options. I could take 59.94 or 29.97 but none of our equipment will  put a proper lock on any DJI devices. I ordered a Decimator MD-HX HDMI and SDI Cross Converter with scaling & frame rate conversion. Wasn't looking to spend another $400 on something that should be an easy software fix.
2023-11-28
Use props
kacpersmx
lvl.2

Poland

Hi, can you please add 1080i output on DJI RC Pro, it's a must for professional TV transmission.
1-25 03:23
Use props
fansc8168e8f
New
Greece

Still no news for an interlaced menu ?
Come on dji. We need 50i output..
4-20 09:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules