RID
1336 9 2023-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NESTORM21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2153205 ft
Puerto Rico

After sept 16 2023 if i dont add a remote id i  be grounded.and i am asking are youu have a plan to help me and thexrest of the pilots to keep the drones ready to fly ? Any help in this manner will be great.
20220611_191806.jpg
2023-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Air2S is already registered as compliant for RID,  see this thread.

2023-1-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-21 02:11
Air2S is already registered as compliant for RID,  see this thread.

He posted in Air2S, but neither of the two drones pictured is an Air2S, so he may still be wanting.  : )
2023-1-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 1-21 02:31
He posted in Air2S, but neither of the two drones pictured is an Air2S, so he may still be wanting.  : )

Id assumed he was just posting a pick showing he had loads of drones,    if its not an Air2S then he can just get an external module for it.
2023-1-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

I'm impressed by the OP's attention to detail. He thought of taking a photo of his drone on the ground, to insist on the fact that his fleet is "grounded".
He must work in marketing, that's for sure.

2023-1-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, NESTORM21. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, this is one of the rules and regulations in the US that needs to be complied with by DJI. Under the Remote ID rule, all DJI Air 2S (and other drone-compliant) pilots required to register, including those who fly for fun, for business, or for public safety, must operate their drone in accordance with the final rule on Remote ID beginning September 16, 2023. You won't be able to take off the drone if you will not comply with this rule. You may see more details about FAA Remote ID Compliance User Guide on this link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;extra=page%3D1.
2023-1-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-21 02:53
I'm impressed by the OP's attention to detail. He thought of taking a photo of his drone on the ground, to insist on the fact that his fleet is "grounded".
He must work in marketing, that's for sure.

haha, yeah.  ordinarily i would say many pilots are not going to be "grounded" because they will ignore the rule but i can see from the pics (especially with that strobe light mounted on the top), the op takes the rules seriously.  but really convenient how he missed the entire section about external modules.  however, nice attempt at trying to get dji to provide rid sw update to old mavic.  im almost for sure that's not going to happen.
2023-1-22
Use props
NESTORM21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2153205 ft
Puerto Rico

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-21 21:52
Hi, NESTORM21. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, this is one of the rules and regulations in the US that needs to be complied with by DJI. Under the Remote ID rule, all DJI Air 2S (and other drone-compliant) pilots required to register, including those who fly for fun, for business, or for public safety, must operate their drone in accordance with the final rule on Remote ID beginning September 16, 2023. You won't be able to take off the drone if you will not comply with this rule. You may see more details about FAA Remote ID Compliance User Guide on this link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=277548&extra=page%3D1.

Hello DJi Gamora Absolutely youre right about the RID starting date and right now the date was moved to march 16 2023 to most of the pilot get the updated for some models of DJI including the mavic 2 pro and zoom . after that date the one that is flying without the regulations of RID is processable to a juicy fine starting of 5000.
2023-10-7
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

How do I find my Air 2S RID to add my drone to FAA Inventory?  I'm guessing it will be somewhere in the controller menus when linked to drone.
2023-10-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bill in Ohio Posted at 10-13 07:02
How do I find my Air 2S RID to add my drone to FAA Inventory?  I'm guessing it will be somewhere in the controller menus when linked to drone.

Hi, Bill. That is correct. You can find it by selecting the 3 dots at the upper right-hand side of your screen and then at the "About" section, you will see it along with the firmware versions and the serial numbers. Make sure you're aircraft and remote's firmware is at the latest. Have a nice day.
2023-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules