Interval Photo shooting
3889 15 2023-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZsKiOrbpDznn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1124124 ft
United Kingdom

Call me old school, but back in the day Timelapses used to be made by taking a long sequence of photos then combining them all in video editing software into a video sequence. While I do appreciate the automation that is incorporated in the OA3 into doing the leg work for us....taking images every 2 seconds or so and outputting a single video, I have a lot of need for the ability to have the single images as well. I have searched through the manual and menus and can't find any way to take an automated sequence of still photos on the OA3. Am I missing something or is this feature simply not there?
I imagine it would be a simple function to add, any possibility of having Interval timed photos please rather than just single manual shots. The way I use my OA3 the camera is not always within reach so I need to be able to set it to take images and leave it until I am able to get back to it and stop it.
Grabbing stills from video is a bit rubbish and never as good as a native still image.
Thanks.
2023-1-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI is missing a number of features that the Original Action has, they   may been having issues trying to get this all into the camera and over a period of time , it will be brought back in to the camera
Photo AIB is it, Timed Photo, and Bust.

DJI why are we all Missing such a great feature or features that  should be added to the official firmware?

FISH
2023-1-30
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

People asked this already a few times and DJI actually answered it.

The single image sequences are integrated into Timelapse. All you have to do is select what kind of Timelapse you want: Video, Video+JPG, or Video+RAW.

You will always get a video with the Timelapse. However, if you select Video+JPG or Video+RAW then you will have a separate folder on the card, called "TIMELAPSE" where you will find the sequence of images either in JPG or RAW format, based on your selection.
2023-1-30
Use props
djiuser_ZsKiOrbpDznn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 1-30 13:47
People asked this already a few times and DJI actually answered it.

The single image sequences are integrated into Timelapse. All you have to do is select what kind of Timelapse you want: Video, Video+JPG, or Video+RAW.

Hmm, ok will need to investigate where that's hiding in the menus..I did a fair bit checking settings, I did actually search this forum but nothing turned up, maybe my search term and I didn't find anything in the manual such as it is. Will have another look see if I can find where that's hiding.
Thanks
2023-1-30
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_ZsKiOrbpDznn Posted at 1-30 13:53
Hmm, ok will need to investigate where that's hiding in the menus..I did a fair bit checking settings, I did actually search this forum but nothing turned up, maybe my search term and I didn't find anything in the manual such as it is. Will have another look see if I can find where that's hiding.
Thanks

You find it on the right side Menu after you selected Timelapse.

And I totally agree with you, working with images gives you full control and can edit them in Lightroom etc. before making into video.
2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. osmonauta is correct. In addition, those photos can be downloaded and viewed on a computer. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_ZsKiOrbpDznn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-31 01:28
Hi there. osmonauta is correct. In addition, those photos can be downloaded and viewed on a computer. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!

So I found this setting, thanks to all that commented. However I realised that for the purpose I wish to use this....the scenario would be the OA3 clamped to the back of a motorcycle taking images of following bikes...hyperlapse might be more appropriate but looking in that it doesn't appear to have any option to store images...I guess it works in a different fashion to meet the criteria of hyperlapse.
Have to be honest and say while Timelapse will probably do most of what I want, I would prefer a simple Interval Photo option - that would save on storing and processing a video I don't want, and might have more options around exposure control. But for now I will need to try it out in the field and see how it works out for me.
Thanks again
Kenny
2023-1-31
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_ZsKiOrbpDznn Posted at 1-31 07:01
So I found this setting, thanks to all that commented. However I realised that for the purpose I wish to use this....the scenario would be the OA3 clamped to the back of a motorcycle taking images of following bikes...hyperlapse might be more appropriate but looking in that it doesn't appear to have any option to store images...I guess it works in a different fashion to meet the criteria of hyperlapse.
Have to be honest and say while Timelapse will probably do most of what I want, I would prefer a simple Interval Photo option - that would save on storing and processing a video I don't want, and might have more options around exposure control. But for now I will need to try it out in the field and see how it works out for me.
Thanks again

I always used Hyperlapse while driving with my older Osmo Action since it was easiest for editing after.
Timelapse when camera is still and need longer shutterspeed.

2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_ZsKiOrbpDznn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 1-31 10:17
I always used Hyperlapse while driving with my older Osmo Action since it was easiest for editing after.
Timelapse when camera is still and need longer shutterspeed.

Makes sense just that I don't see anywhere it saves the individual images to, unlike in Timelapse mode. My old non-DJI Action cam only did interval shooting as opposed to timelapse as a dedicated function so I kind of miss it I suppose.
2023-1-31
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

It can't be THAT hard for DJI to add an extra menu option to skip the video recording for Timelapse and only record images.
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_ZsKiOrbpDznn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 1-31 13:24
It can't be THAT hard for DJI to add an extra menu option to skip the video recording for Timelapse and only record images.

You wouldn't think so would you?
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ZsKiOrbpDznn Posted at 1-31 07:01
Have to be honest and say while Timelapse will probably do most of what I want, I would prefer a simple Interval Photo option - that would save on storing and processing a video I don't want, and might have more options around exposure control. But for now I will need to try it out in the field and see how it works out for me.
Thanks again

We understand your preference. We'll take your suggestion and forward them to our DJI Developers for attention. Please stay tuned on our DJI website (www.dji.com) for official announcements or updates. Happy filming!
2023-2-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

check te website, make sure your smartphone    firmware is on otherwise you will not know if new stuff comes out. no manual loads here no more they done away with it
2023-2-1
Use props
djiuser_hiVRdSD88rUX
New

South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 2-1 00:22
We understand your preference. We'll take your suggestion and forward them to our DJI Developers for attention. Please stay tuned on our DJI website (www.dji.com) for official announcements or updates. Happy filming!

Is there a way to to make interval photos on the Action4 ?
2023-11-28
Use props
Ronald Uljee
New

Netherlands

djiuser_hiVRdSD88rUX Posted at 2023-11-28 10:41
Is there a way to to make interval photos on the Action4 ?

I just bought the DJI Cosmo Action 4.

I’m looking for a photo mode in which the Action 4 takes (RAW) photos in a continue mode without pushing the button all the time. Like every half a second a photo.

I want this because I want to use my Aciont 4 on a selfie stick when I am snorkeling. So, the Action 4 will take every half a second a photo when I try to take picutres of fishes.

My old GoPro had such a mode but I don’t find this on the Action 4. Is this possible?

Thanks for your information.
2-7 02:26
Use props
Tanos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6329 ft
Germany

The intervalometer is also an essential feature for me. I want RAW photos, 4:3 format, taken regularly while I do activities — climbing, skiing, mountain biking.

The Timelapse functionality offers a video + RAW but the format is 16:9, and the photos don’t really look good.  
2-18 02:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules