12Next >
10517 53 2023-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse4cb4c94
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

Assuming the resent OA3's have had the focus issue fixed in the factory, from which manufacturer date would you say the batches  are good .
Oct 22 ? Nov 22 .
2023-2-3
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I will say November, but it could be that some here have good cameras from October.  Need to see what others have to say.
2023-2-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

YIM 11 and up are good. regional careful of 08-10 of 2022
2023-2-3
Use props
fanse4cb4c94
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

Thank you , appreciated.
2023-2-4
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Batches are good because FW updates improved the action 3. I think A3 has a very distinctive look for an action camera and its very good.
2023-2-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

newer batches, firmware and the smaller fisheye.. do not let the focus issue issue get you
2023-2-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fanse4cb4c94. Thank you for reaching out. After testing and analysis, our engineers found that this issue is caused by a larger internal parameter that some cameras have. This issue has been resolved through firmware updates. Feel free to purchase or use the product. If you have purchased one, kindly make sure that the firmware is updated (The current version as of this writing is v01.02.10.10). If you already have one and if you feel that the issue persists after the firmware update, feel free to send it to our facility for checking. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-4
Use props
fanse4cb4c94
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

Noted thanks , I purchased a unit from the 11/22 batch. So hopefully all is good.
2023-2-4
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
Spain

fanse4cb4c94 Posted at 2-4 23:38
Noted thanks , I purchased a unit from the 11/22 batch. So hopefully all is good.

They are excellent cameras just use it and enjoy it I say
2023-2-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
Spain

fanse4cb4c94 Posted at 2-4 23:38

They are excellent cameras just use it and enjoy it I say
2023-2-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

yeah one person had a Freeze and   when the % went down so yeah the cameras are good from day one of purchase just people not loving it
2023-2-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-4 23:23
Hi, fanse4cb4c94. Thank you for reaching out. After testing and analysis, our engineers found that this issue is caused by a larger internal parameter that some cameras have. This issue has been resolved through firmware updates. Feel free to purchase or use the product. If you have purchased one, kindly make sure that the firmware is updated (The current version as of this writing is v01.02.10.10). Thank you for your understanding and support.

DJI still doesn't admit that there are many bad units out there with bad focus that can't be fixed in firmware.
I know mods here will get fired if they admit things without DJI permission
2023-2-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-4 23:23
Hi, fanse4cb4c94. Thank you for reaching out. After testing and analysis, our engineers found that this issue is caused by a larger internal parameter that some cameras have. This issue has been resolved through firmware updates. Feel free to purchase or use the product. If you have purchased one, kindly make sure that the firmware is updated (The current version as of this writing is v01.02.10.10). Thank you for your understanding and support.

copy paste answer
2023-2-5
Use props
bonobox
lvl.1

Austria

not solved yet in any batch....just patched bumping sharpness via firmware.
2023-2-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Glad to hear, As I am not 100% pleased new or existing OA3, at least DJI is offering a fix, by firmware, maybe  the next generation camera or going to the dark side as people say is hte better choice. goodluck
2023-2-6
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

I tried a few units manufactured in September, comparing the same frame with a camera manufactured in November, there is definitely a difference, with the same firmware, the same settings, etc. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!
However, the November camera isn't perfect focus either, it's just a big improvement over the others.
2023-2-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

buy and try to you find is not the answer we like but the way you have to go with today on DJI
2023-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

johansenfoto Posted at 2-5 05:36
DJI still doesn't admit that there are many bad units out there with bad focus that can't be fixed in firmware.
I know mods here will get fired if they admit things without DJI permission

Hi, johansenfoto. Our engineers confirmed that the issue is solved, please feel free to let us know if you encountered any issues. You may also create a repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index} if you feel that the issue persists. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-8 05:07
Hi, johansenfoto. Our engineers confirmed that the issue is solved, please feel free to let us know if you encountered any issues. You may also create a repair request t through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index} if you feel that the issue persists. Thank you for your understanding and support.

you have written proof its resolved by your engineers? we all love to see a "Note on this forum.
2023-2-8
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-8 05:07
Hi, johansenfoto. Our engineers confirmed that the issue is solved, please feel free to let us know if you encountered any issues. You may also create a repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index} if you feel that the issue persists. Thank you for your understanding and support.

So how did it get resolved?
2023-2-8
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 2-8 05:18
you have written proof its resolved by your engineers? we all love to see a "Note on this forum.

Yes and now if they admit it was hardware or software
2023-2-8
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

guess that is how they want to act, need we say more. fools me once, twice...
2023-2-8
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 2-8 06:15

no one knows the answer to this great mystery
2023-2-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Kamen666 Posted at 2-9 04:53
no one knows the answer to this great mystery

True, maybe I need to ask DJI on other places to get a decent answer?
2023-2-9
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 2-9 04:57
True, maybe I need to ask DJI on other places to get a decent answer?

Share later
2023-2-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Still no answer so they avoid it
2023-2-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI  made the camera and  that is the bottom line. budget camera with no answers
2023-2-10
Use props
djiuser_E6UU7T2aFayo
New
Singapore

I have my 09/22 batch and replace by 11/22. Better than the previous one.
2023-2-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fishycomics Posted at 2-8 05:18
you have written proof its resolved by your engineers? we all love to see a "Note on this forum.

Hi, Fishycomics. As per checking with our relevant team, it is under the release notes. Please see the image below:

Thank you for your support.
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

johansenfoto Posted at 2-8 06:15

Hi, johansenfoto. Please refer to my reply above. Here's the link: (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 541&pid=2974841). Thank you.
2023-2-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-11 06:01
Hi, johansenfoto. Please refer to my reply above. Here's the link: (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=284541&pid=2974841). Thank you.

So your DJI bosses still doesn't want you guys to admit that it was the focus? I understand that, but please say it straight forward.
2023-2-11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-11 06:00
Hi, Fishycomics. As per checking with our relevant team, it is under the release notes. Please see the image below:
[view_image]

sorry Relivant team.  have tehm pop on to answer , seems they may not be real if asked
2023-2-11
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 2-11 06:10
So your DJI bosses still doesn't want you guys to admit that it was the focus? I understand that, but please say it straight forward.

If they admit to the defective batches, it will be a big negative for the company
2023-2-12
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Kamen666 Posted at 2-12 23:31
If they admit to the defective batches, it will be a big negative for the company

Not sure about it, but it will help a lot of keeping customers happy that we can trust them

But I love my dji products anyway.
2023-2-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Company is not perfect. nor are we., why there are testers and Engineers, maybe one  was a gopro spy, that   .... nuff said. SHHHHH . secrets can't get out ruin the reputation

ROIGHT
2023-2-13
Use props
bonobox
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-11 06:00
[view_image]

Sorry but this is far from solving an issue...you are "patching" a problem that is far from being solved.
Adding some sharpness or changing some parameter is not solving the focus issues

"of certain configuration" what does it mean?
are you able to adjust only them or the patch is changing values to any models?
2023-2-13
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Did DJI even change anything in the manufacturing parameters, surely if the originals had a problem with the hardware that was solved by changing the firmware and they had fixed the hardware, the new cameras on the same firmware would be over sharpened or have other focus
2023-2-13
Use props
MANNHEIMER
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29764 ft
Germany

It is now exactly 5 month ago when I returned my Action 3 because of the focus issue (--> Thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=277017)
It was absolutely clear that this problem is hardware related, so my plan was to purchase the camera a few month later since I really liked the handling of it.
Unfortunately nothing changed and in addition to that DJI tries to fool their customers by telling this is a software problem. Are you serious guys?
It was proofen by so many videos that the focus issue can be fixed by adjusting the distance of the lense to the sensor and you keep telling us that your "engineers" have fixed the problem with software?
The only thing you did was trying to sharpen footage that was out of focus.

I have many DJI products and really wanted to like the Action 3 but the pure ignorance of the problem and the unprofessional behavour about this problem made me come to the conclusion that I am done with this camera. Gopro here I come again.

To give my comment some kind of value for you, I will let you know what I and I guess most of the customers would have wished:
1. An official statement of DJI to admit that there is a hardware issue (blame the wind, an earthquake or a gopro employee for that)
2. Repair already delivered units by adjusting the lens for free
3. change the production to fix the issue for further units
4. don't lie to customers and tell them it is only software issue when it isn't! we as a group are not dumb, there are people out there having the same skills as your engineers and maybe some more.

Long story short:
The behaviour of DJI makes me jump to the gopro, not the product. FIx the issue, communicate with respect and you could easily overtake gopro, but not this way.
2023-2-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

bonobox Posted at 2-13 05:18
Sorry but this is far from solving an issue...you are "patching" a problem that is far from being solved.
Adding some sharpness or changing some parameter is not solving the focus issues

No I am pointing out that there is NO RELIVANT TEAM!

smoke and mirrors
Screenshot_20230213_113542.png
2023-2-13
Use props
djiuser_SQRq6Ostduof
lvl.1

United States

My original 09/2022 batch osmo action 3 had focus issues so I returned it and waited a few months.

Just received a 12/2022 batch osmo action 3, and it still has focus issues. It's just no where close to as sharp as my Go Pro Hero 6.

The battery life in the osmo action 3 is fantastic, but I can't justify keeping it when the video quality is worse than a camera that is 6 years old.
2023-2-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules