Bind used Mini 3 Pro to new account . . . solved
7273 14 2023-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingOverABQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103245 ft
United States

I bought an used Mini 3 Pro with RC controller.  They are bound to the seller's account.  How can I bind them to my account?  Do I need to do a reset to factory settings first?
2023-2-4
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

Seller should have unbound them. I presume an email gets send to his account, but I haven't done this.
2023-2-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to contact where it came from and have them unbind it.  If it came from a shop then return it as you will not be able to unbind the previous owner without being able to contact them.  This is an activation lock similar to apple products.     No automatic email goes to the previous owner.
2023-2-5
Use props
FlyingOverABQ
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 00:03
You need to contact where it came from and have them unbind it.  If it came from a shop then return it as you will not be able to unbind the previous owner without being able to contact them.  This is an activation lock similar to apple products.     No automatic email goes to the previous owner.

How would the previous owner unbind?  I do have his e-mall via looking in the information on the RC controller under binding, and I also  have an eBay contact too, so I can direct him.
2023-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyingOverABQ Posted at 2-5 00:35
How would the previous owner unbind?  I do have his e-mall via looking in the information on the RC controller under binding, and I also  have an eBay contact too, so I can direct him.

He just needs to launch the fly app and go to profile- device management - pick mini3 - and half way down in red it will say. “Remove device from account”. Luckily he doesnt need the drone to do that.

2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you need to unbind first the unit to the previous owner's account and you need to contact that owner to complete this process. Also, kindly please refer to DAFlys statement on post #5 regarding the process of how to unbind the account on the previous owner's DJI Fly app account. Once the previous owner removes the drone from his account, you may now bind this aircraft to your DJI account. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2023-2-5
Use props
FlyingOverABQ
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 03:16
He just needs to launch the fly app and go to profile- device management - pick mini3 - and half way down in red it will say. “Remove device from account”. Luckily he doesnt need the drone to do that.

But he doesn't have the fly app, he had a RC controller, which I have now.
2023-2-5
Use props
FlyingOverABQ
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 03:16

Previous owner e-mailed and said he watched a YouTube video how to do it, he says it is done.  Checked, its was unbound, and I was able to bind it to my account.  I consider this topic closed.
2023-2-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could something like..."solved" to the threads title just to make it obvious.
2023-2-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyingOverABQ Posted at 2-5 12:31
Previous owner e-mailed and said he watched a YouTube video how to do it, he says it is done.  Checked, its was unbound, and I was able to bind it to my account.  I consider this topic closed.

Nice one, not everyone are so lucky in this regard
2023-2-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

waiting for bashy to say dji should do more to resolve what is obviously a "real" problem for customer who buy used equipment.

btw, apple has tons of documentation on what the seller and buyer should do before they sell/trade/dispose of their equipment.  super important because the mobile has very sensitive and often confidential information on it.  would be nice if dji built a website tutorial to spread the word and even nicer if sellers would start declaring their product as unbound similar to the way mobiles were called unlocked (which at least had unlock codes).
2023-2-5
Use props
FlyingOverABQ
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 2-5 17:47
Nice one, not everyone are so lucky in this regard

Usually not tooooo hard to see quality listings vs scams on e-bay.  One way is having a reasonable buy now price, (those guys just want to get rid of stuff and not dick around), a willingness to take returns, detailed what is included (makes it safer, not necessarily best deal as a vague listing might actually come with many accessories), and a reasonable shipping price.
I have gotten bunga deals on stuff from people that list stuff that have no idea what it is. Like two $2000 optical shear plates that were included in a picture of a pile of optical junk for like $20.  This was something my small laser company despartely needed (we needed to collimate a 4" beam to launch into space for a Navy contract, see FASOR on wikipedia), and we used them a lot (especially the 5" one, which made the trip to Andenes, on the island of Andoya, Norway, part of the Andoya Space Center and Alomar observatory, for another project, where we only worked during the winter and had to crawl ~ 1/2 mile through 4' of snow to get to the observatory sometimes when the snow plow broke, so I can honestly tell that common fib to my grand kids).  I just requested they bubble wrap them well.  Also got an great optical spectrometer after it had been listed for two years, had no details or pictures other than one stock photo, and the guy took my rediculously low offer, a little risky as a photo of the label on the bottom would have helped identify the specifications of that model (and seller was from Thailand).  The Netherlands manufacturer had the necessary software on thier website, but nothing that would work with Windows XP that I have on one of my older Macs. I called the US company rep, and they e-mailed me for free the last XP compatible version (maybe one or two .X subdivisions lower than current) but included the five 'extra' analysis packages (probably easily north of $300 @, I really have no idea, and afraid to ask).

IMG_1558-s.jpeg
Frame.jpeg
2023-2-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 2-5 17:51
waiting for bashy to say dji should do more to resolve what is obviously a "real" problem for customer who buy used equipment.

btw, apple has tons of documentation on what the seller and buyer should do before they sell/trade/dispose of their equipment.  super important because the mobile has very sensitive and often confidential information on it.  would be nice if dji built a website tutorial to spread the word and even nicer if sellers would start declaring their product as unbound similar to the way mobiles were called unlocked (which at least had unlock codes).

You'll be waiting a long time, im with DJI on this one, its a tough situation for both DJI and the buyer, worse for the buyer for sure though.
2023-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyingOverABQ Posted at 2-5 12:31

Excellent news,    there are so many of these being sold where the seller isn't able to unbind.
2023-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyingOverABQ Posted at 2-5 12:11
But he doesn't have the fly app, he had a RC controller, which I have now.

He can just install the fly app on a phone to do it.  
2023-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules