Focusing
825 7 2023-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse4cb4c94
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi there , coming from a mini 2 with focus set to infinity.
Must one tap to focus the mini 3 pro or does it adjust automatically without tapping the screen ? Regards
2023-2-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always tap. and this will also set the exposure too.
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fanse4cb4c94. Thank you for reaching out. The firmware version v01.00.0200 and higher has support for continuous autofocus (AF-C) during video recording. You may also tap the target on the screen. We recommend choosing the central position for focusing to balance the resolution of the peripheral positions of the view. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-5
Use props
fanse4cb4c94
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

Noted thank you
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're welcome. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a safe flight always!
2023-2-5
Use props
hesveymartin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192825 ft
Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-5 00:18
Hi, fanse4cb4c94. Thank you for reaching out. The firmware version v01.00.0200 and higher has support for continuous autofocus (AF-C) during video recording. You may also tap the target on the screen. We recommend choosing the central position for focusing to balance the resolution of the peripheral positions of the view. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks for sharing this! I never thought that there is a need to tap the screen to focus our subject because of the "5m to infinity" focus range of Mini 2 which I understand it to be "anything that falls within 5m from the lens to infinity will be focused sharply by the camera". I'm glad I found this thread! thank you!
2023-6-16
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

However, tapping the screen causes the video to jump while focusing so it's a half-baked idea for videographers - who are mostly forced to use MF set to infinity or thereabouts.
2023-6-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

hesveymartin Posted at 6-16 08:29
Thanks for sharing this! I never thought that there is a need to tap the screen to focus our subject because of the "5m to infinity" focus range of Mini 2 which I understand it to be "anything that falls within 5m from the lens to infinity will be focused sharply by the camera". I'm glad I found this thread! thank you!

Hi, hesveymartin. You're most welcome. Should you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.
2023-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules