DJI Mavic 3 enterprise Thermal data
6783 11 2023-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bo kim
lvl.1

South Korea

Hello, I have a question about DJI Mavic 3 enterprise Thermal.
The equipment I purchased is DJI Mavic 3 enterprise Thermal (DJI M3T). The files I wanted to get through this drone were R.jpg, but the actual data obtained after the drone shooting were T.jpg and V.jpg. I need to extract the temperature information from the image to generate a thermal map with the drone data. This means that you need to create a thermal map with an image with a uniform min, max temperature.
So there's a total of two ways that I've tried to convert to an R.jpg file through DJI Analysis Tool 3, DJI Terra, and secondly, I've tried to extract the temperature information of each original image or process the temperature range of the images.

In the first attempt, the DJI Analysis Tool 3 was used to know the min and max temperatures for each image. Still, it was not possible to export temperature information (temperature min and max extraction from the entire image) or to process images. DJI Terra had the ability to export to R.jpg, but there was a problem that the software automatically shut down when running, and there was no ability to extract min and max values.

In the second attempt, I downloaded and used the DJI Thermal SDK, which explains that the temperature data value (min, max) of the image can be extracted. However, there was not enough explanation about how to use it. I would appreciate it if you could write it down in your answer if you have an exact method of using it.

Let me summarize it.
Purchased Drone: DJI Mavic 3 enterprise Thermal (DJI M3T)
As-is data (data obtained from drone photography): T.jpg, V.jpg
To-be data (required data): Thermal data (format: R.jpg)
Desired Implementation: Creating a thermal map with the thermal image data taken in full.
  • Extract temperature information from an image
  • Match temperature min, max to an entire image
  • Create a thermal map with a unified image of min and max temperature information

I've delivered what I've tried, and I'd appreciate it if you could explain if there's anything wrong or if there's a way to solve this problem.
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.
The format of thermal pictures shot by DJI Mavic 3 Thermal is R-JPEG but its suffix for this file is T.JPG.
If you want to extract the temperature information from the image, you can use Thermal Analysis Tool 3.0. Here is the link; https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-dtat3
You can square an area in the screen under the thermal camera and you can thus see the minimum and maximum temperature.
Create a thermal map with a unified image of min and max temperature information
May we know if you want to incorporate multiple thermal pictures into one giant picture?
If so, we do not recommend it and we can not guarantee the effect.
2023-2-10
Use props
Bo kim
lvl.1

South Korea

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-10 20:36
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.
The format of thermal pictures shot by DJI Mavic 3 Thermal is R-JPEG but its suffix for this file is T.JPG.
If you want to extract the temperature information from the image, you can use Thermal Analysis Tool 3.0. Here is the link; https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-dtat3

Thanks for the reply.

I may continuing the last questions, As for as I know, Pix4D mapper doesn't accept the T.jpg file format. So  I would like to convert T.jpg to R.jpg in order to do the analysis in the pix4D Mapper. Is there any method you can suggest?

Additionally, what I meant by unified image is the orthophoto.(Orthomosaic image). According to your answer, do you mean that I might get a low-quality (low-temperature accuracy) orthophoto if I do so?
2023-2-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Bo kim Posted at 2-12 04:18
Thanks for the reply.

I may continuing the last questions, As for as I know, Pix4D mapper doesn't accept the T.jpg file format. So  I would like to convert T.jpg to R.jpg in order to do the analysis in the pix4D Mapper. Is there any method you can suggest?

The name of the photo would not impact the format of the photo.
The reason why we do not recommend doing that is that the patterns of the thermal pictures are not very clear and the resolution of the camera is not high enough.
2023-2-14
Use props
Abdelmalek
New
Flight distance : 169186 ft

Spain

-DJI Mavic 3 enterprise Thermal data-

Hello I'm havig like more or less the same issue. I make thermal pictures using cartography route in DJI-go app route,
and after that, using pix4D a get an orthomosaic. (I do agricultural research and I have different treatments in the field,
and it's easier analysing all treatments in the same image, than if I have to analyse it picture by picture, treatment by
treatment). the problem is when I get the ortomosaic from Pix4D I get 3 bands, is there a formula to have the Temperature from that bands?
any advice?

Anyway I read that you do not recommend it, but for me if I get similar values with the orthomosaic than with
Thermal Analysis Tool 3.0 analysing image by image it will be ok because it will help me a lot.

Thank you a lot!
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Abdelmalek Posted at 5-25 06:33

Hello, there. Thank you for your inquiry. I will consult your questions with our engineers.
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Abdelmalek Posted at 5-25 06:33

Hello, there. We received the reply from our engineers.
For the infrared photos of M3T, we recommend using our official infrared thermal analysis software for processing;
Regarding the orthophoto generated by you using PIX-4D, We are very sorry that we do not know the format of the PIX-4D software result data, nor how to convert the temperature of the PIX-4D result. It is recommended that you consult the PIX-4D software manufacturer.
2023-5-29
Use props
Abdelmalek
New
Flight distance : 169186 ft

Spain

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-29 03:17
Hello, there. We received the reply from our engineers.
For the infrared photos of M3T, we recommend using our official infrared thermal analysis software for processing;
Regarding the orthophoto generated by you using PIX-4D, We are very sorry that we do not know the format of the PIX-4D software result data, nor how to convert the temperature of the PIX-4D result. It is recommended that you consult the PIX-4D software manufacturer.

Ok, many thanks for your reply!
I'll try to find out and if a get something I'll let you know!
2023-6-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Abdelmalek Posted at 6-14 08:33

You are most welcome.
2023-6-15
Use props
djiuser_SQwhtkiUggPk
lvl.1

Canada

Abdelmalek Posted at 6-14 08:33

any chance you figured it out and can share?
2023-10-18
Use props
willis8895
lvl.1

United States

I know this is older, but with PIX4D, you can add as many different levels as you want on the right-hand side. There are a couple of different ways you can display it.

I usually run about 15 levels for a cleaner temperature transition.
4-25 09:36
Use props
djiuser_esUquOAx3xVO
lvl.2

Denmark

Abdelmalek Posted at 2023-5-25 06:33

Can you upload your thermal survey and send it to me? I would like to try something. I have been able to make a thermal ortho with the H20T by manipulating the Thermal data and making a 32 - Bit tiff only with thermal values, which Pix4D understands (Workswell, micasense and so on). But i haven't tried with the Mavic 3 Thermal.
5-8 00:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules