UK bought Mavic 3 Classic for use in Europe - C1 Mark?
2447 15 2023-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R44helipilot
lvl.1

Germany

Does anyone know if DJI are shipping the Mavic 3 classic to customers in the UK with a C1 Mark and if not, how do UK customers fly their Mavic 3's in Europe?

2023-3-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

I don't know if the drones sold with the C mark are sold in the UK. But users coming from outside the EU apply this rule:

Without C marking:

Until January 2024:
-A3 you need to pass an online exam to get a valid EU license.
-A2 requires an additional examination.
-A1 forbidden.

From January 2024:
-A3, same when passing the online exam.
-A1 forbidden.
-A2 forbidden.

With C marking:

From now you can do:
-A1 and A3 by taking the online exam.
-A2 by passing the additional exam.

2023-3-21
Use props
R44helipilot
lvl.1

United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-21 09:02
I don't know if the drones sold with the C mark are sold in the UK. But users coming from outside the EU apply this rule:

Without C marking:

Thanks for your reply.

Don't suppose you know how we get the C1 mark for our Mavic 3 Classics bought in the UK?

Seems crazy to me that they don't just put the C1 marking on to start with.  The argument will be it's not recognized in the UK which I accept but DJI isn't recognised as a classification but it's printed on the drone!!
2023-3-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

R44helipilot Posted at 3-21 09:06
Thanks for your reply.

Don't suppose you know how we get the C1 mark for our Mavic 3 Classics bought in the UK?

In the app go to Customer Support to see if you can order the label.

If you don't have it, the only way is to bring your RC to the EU or make it believe that you are in the EU.  I don't know if this last option is possible.  

You are not the first to have this problem.  Take a look here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-280867-1-1.html
2023-3-21
Use props
R44helipilot
lvl.1

United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-21 09:27
In the app go to Customer Support to see if you can order the label.

If you don't have it, the only way is to bring your RC to the EU or make it believe that you are in the EU.  I don't know if this last option is possible.  

Thanks again, I'll take a look at that thread.
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, R44helipilot. Thanks for reaching out. C1 certificate applies to EU regulations (all 27 member states of the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland (on the way)). Mavic 3 Classic (EU version) already has a C1 certificate, and other versions (like the UK) of the Mavic 3 series do not have it yet. The application process for obtaining the new C1 class identification label for the Mavic 3 series is scheduled to be available to all customers step by step. You are recommended to apply for a C1 certificate according to the relevant guidelines if you need to use DJI products in EU regions at that time. Please let us know should you have further inquiries. Have a nice day.
2023-3-21
Use props
R44helipilot
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 3-21 23:02
Hi, R44helipilot. Thanks for reaching out. C1 certificate applies to EU regulations (all 27 member states of the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland (on the way)). Mavic 3 Classic (EU version) already has a C1 certificate, and other versions (like the UK) of the Mavic 3 series do not have it yet. The application process for obtaining the new C1 class identification label for the Mavic 3 series is scheduled to be available to all customers step by step. You are recommended to apply for a C1 certificate according to the relevant guidelines if you need to use DJI products in EU regions at that time. Please let us know should you have further inquiries. Have a nice day.

Hi and thank you for your reply.  I'm going to Cyprus next month and am about to order a Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Classic to take with me.  Obviously, there's no point in doing this unless I can get the C1 label before I go.  How would I get a C1 label assuming I order the drone and it is delivered this/next week?

It seems crazy not to ship the labels with the drone even to the UK.  We're on the doorstep of the EU and many of us travel to europe often.  Whilst the C1 certification is not recognised by the UK government it is in other parts of Europe so why not just ship the label with the drone?
2023-3-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

R44helipilot Posted at 3-22 01:55
Hi and thank you for your reply.  I'm going to Cyprus next month and am about to order a Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Classic to take with me.  Obviously, there's no point in doing this unless I can get the C1 label before I go.  How would I get a C1 label assuming I order the drone and it is delivered this/next week?

It seems crazy not to ship the labels with the drone even to the UK.  We're on the doorstep of the EU and many of us travel to europe often.  Whilst the C1 certification is not recognised by the UK government it is in other parts of Europe so why not just ship the label with the drone?

Have you considered buying a mini pro instead of a mavic?  because of its take-off weight, you will avoid all these certification problems.  In addition the battery is smaller, for airlines it is simpler.
2023-3-22
Use props
R44helipilot
lvl.1

United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-22 02:19
Have you considered buying a mini pro instead of a mavic?  because of its take-off weight, you will avoid all these certification problems.  In addition the battery is smaller, for airlines it is simpler.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I already have a Mini 3 pro and I think I will probably save the money and just take that instead.  I'd wanted to take something a bit better, particularly with wind as we'll be at the coast and it can get a bit windy there but it doesn't seem worth all the hassle of taking the risk of buying an unlabelled Mavic 3 and then trying to get a label afterwards.

Does seem completely crazy not to just label all Mavic 3's with the C1 label though.  I suspect this is costing DJI a lot of lost sales.
2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

R44helipilot Posted at 3-22 01:55

It seems crazy not to ship the labels with the drone even to the UK.  We're on the doorstep of the EU and many of us travel to europe often.  Whilst the C1 certification is not recognised by the UK government it is in other parts of Europe so why not just ship the label with the drone?

We completely understand, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The application for the C1 label for the DJI Mavic 3 Classic (non-EU version) is not yet available. Only the EU version Mavic 3 Series drones have the C1 label or have the option to apply at present. Rest assured that we will let you know once changes are applied. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
2023-3-24
Use props
barker_homeme.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1065748 ft
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 3-24 23:14
We completely understand, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The application for the C1 label for the DJI Mavic 3 Classic (non-EU version) is not yet available. Only the EU version Mavic 3 Series drones have the C1 label or have the option to apply at present. Rest assured that we will let you know once changes are applied. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

The Mavic 3 Classic is sold in the US with the EU C1 shown on the box (see photo) The drone itself has all the mandatory operating restrictions baked into the firmware. Yet no label on the drone?

It makes no sense.

What do we need to do to get the label.
2A5AF2ED-1B0C-49BA-917B-D71050245010.jpeg
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

barker_homeme.com Posted at 4-26 13:03
The Mavic 3 Classic is sold in the US with the EU C1 shown on the box (see photo) The drone itself has all the mandatory operating restrictions baked into the firmware. Yet no label on the drone?

It makes no sense.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, only the Mavic 3 Classic (EU version) has a C1 certificate. Please refer to the suggestions we posted in posts (#6 and #10). Once the application is available, we will let all customers know. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-29
Use props
barker_homeme.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1065748 ft
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 4-29 04:51
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, only the Mavic 3 Classic (EU version) has a C1 certificate. Please refer to the suggestions we posted in posts (#6 and #10). Once the application is available, we will let all customers know. We appreciate your understanding.

I think that DJI has screwed this up.

DJI has sold a product with false advertising. It claimed that it is EU C1 compliant when in fact the product is not. They never posted a disclaimer that  Mavic 3 classic drones sold outside of EU  would not be compliant

Even worse the product packaging displays EU compliance.  I bought it thinking it met requirements.   Had I known I would not be able to fly the Mavic 3 classic  under C1 I would not have bought it.  DJI needs to fix this.
2023-4-29
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

barker_homeme.com Posted at 4-29 09:24

DJI has sold a product with false advertising. It claimed that it is EU C1 compliant when in fact the product is not. They never posted a disclaimer that  Mavic 3 classic drones sold outside of EU  would not be compliant

Theoretically when you turn on the drone on European territory you should be able to apply for the C1 label via the application, regardless of its origin.  Have you visited the dedicated thread?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2023-4-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

barker_homeme.com Posted at 4-29 09:24

We understand your concern. The implementation time will be different in different countries. So if you have plans to use the drone in the EEA area, please check the regulatory information of the country you fly in advance before flying. Additionally, during the 20230101-20240101 period, all EEA countries have a 1-year transition period. During the transition period, you can fly without a C1 certificate until the end of 2023. However, until then, you can only fly in the Open A2 category and you will have to have an A2 “Remote Piloting License”.
For more details on the regulation during the transition period, please refer to the following website:
https://www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/e ... dnishilfe/news.html
https://www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/e ... e_limited-open.html
At the same time, we have noted your feedback and will forward to the designated team. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-4-30
Use props
danielson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2217149 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-29 09:27
Theoretically when you turn on the drone on European territory you should be able to apply for the C1 label via the application, regardless of its origin.  Have you visited the dedicated thread?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=280867&extra=page%3D1

No, you can't at least I was not able to do that. With the Mavic 3 Cine it worked.
2023-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules