Sound Randomly Stops
1101 15 2023-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Flight distance : 529065 ft
Spain

Hello.....Mini 3 pro with RC controller here. Have any of you experienced the sound just randomly stopping? So this can be on start up.....when Home Point warning is silent..... or after flying for some minutes when again the sound just stops. I have contacted support but all they have suggested is a factory reset and then send the whole lot back.....since the sound recovers I personally think it is a software conflict and anyway they took a month to send my drone back last time. All firmware up to date. Any ideas?
2023-3-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. For your issue, did you have any screen-recording video for us?  I have a question about this sentence"or after flying for some minutes when again the sound just stops." Would you please tell us more information?
2023-3-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive had the Home Point warning is silent at random times,   so I guess it's not just you.
2023-3-26
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-25 02:28
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. For your issue, did you have any screen-recording video for us?  I have a question about this sentence"or after flying for some minutes when again the sound just stops." Would you please tell us more information?

Sorry....I can't really video silence! Please read the comment below....it seems it is not just me but a software conflict which is what I suspected
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SpikeHuelva Posted at 3-27 00:56
Sorry....I can't really video silence! Please read the comment below....it seems it is not just me but a software conflict which is what I suspected

Based on the description, the sound is not mute all the time, right?
We understand your issue is the inappropriate silence. However, confirming when and how the silence appears is also important for our engineers.
Also, may we know if you click the tutorials in the DJI FLY APP- Academy, is the audio displayed normally?
2023-3-27
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-27 02:59
Based on the description, the sound is not mute all the time, right?
We understand your issue is the inappropriate silence. However, confirming when and how the silence appears is also important for our engineers.
Also, may we know if you click the tutorials in the DJI FLY APP- Academy, is the audio displayed normally?

Thanks for your very thoughtful reply.

I had thought that your engineers should have put in a 'Test Sound' next to the volume and mute controls but the videos in the academy serve the same purpose. The answer is NO so when there is no sound for warnings and notifications there is no sound from the RC for videos in the academy.

So when does this happen?

The answer is EITHER at start up and the first indication is the 'Home Point Has Been Updated.....' which is silent

OR

Start up is normal with sound......flight is normal....then automated flight like Quick Shot or Master Shot then silence

Right at the moment silence is at Start Up so then I checked the academy right away and it is silent too

For this device....RC and Drone.....I have to say that silence which is not recognized and understood by the system is somewhat dangerous.....you are using sound for notifications which are serious....Home Point....Strong Wind.....Return to Home Immediately.....Cannot Automatically Return To Home....all of these are serious and since the Pilot has to by law look at the drone Audio is the way to do it....but your system does not recognize audio failure or indeed check it before a flight.
2023-3-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SpikeHuelva Posted at 3-28 10:16
Thanks for your very thoughtful reply.

I had thought that your engineers should have put in a 'Test Sound' next to the volume and mute controls but the videos in the academy serve the same purpose. The answer is NO so when there is no sound for warnings and notifications there is no sound from the RC for videos in the academy.

Sorry for the late response. If so, first, please drag the menu down and check whether the Mute button has been enabled. If so, tap to disable the Mute button.
If not, please click C1, C2, or other buttons and tell us whether there are any sounds.

2023-3-29
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-29 04:32
Sorry for the late response. If so, first, please drag the menu down and check whether the Mute button has been enabled. If so, tap to disable the Mute button.
If not, please click C1, C2, or other buttons and tell us whether there are any sounds.

Hello Again.

Mute button not on....I toggled it on and off so as to understand how it works and it is not the problem. So no audio warnings, no sound on training videos but YES a beep on C1 and C2
2023-3-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SpikeHuelva Posted at 3-29 05:57
Hello Again.

Mute button not on....I toggled it on and off so as to understand how it works and it is not the problem. So no audio warnings, no sound on training videos but YES a beep on C1 and C2

Got it. Please check your audio volume bar also. If the maximum audio should be a white bar and the minimum audio would be grey. Drag the bar to the extreme right and try again.
2023-3-30
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-30 01:36
Got it. Please check your audio volume bar also. If the maximum audio should be a white bar and the minimum audio would be grey. Drag the bar to the extreme right and try again.

I checked again, it is to the extreme right. No sound other than beeps from C1 and C2
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SpikeHuelva Posted at 3-30 23:21
I checked again, it is to the extreme right. No sound other than beeps from C1 and C2

Sorry for the late response. Our engineers recommend you refresh the firmware to test again. If it still does not work, please send it back for diagnosis.
Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2023-4-2
Use props
RamblinMan
lvl.2
United States

SpikeHuelva Posted at 2023-3-30 23:21

Were you able to ever get a solution?  I'm on my second DJI Mini 3 Pro and it keeps doing the same thing.  
2-8 18:47
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RamblinMan Posted at 2-8 18:47
Were you able to ever get a solution?  I'm on my second DJI Mini 3 Pro and it keeps doing the same thing.

Hi there. If you are experiencing the same and already tried the suggestions above, please try refreshing the remote controller firmware using the DJI Assistant 2. You can download it to your computer here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series. Once installed you will need to connect the remote controller to the computer and launch the DJI Assistant 2. Have a nice day.
2-8 21:02
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
United States

RamblinMan Posted at 2-8 18:47
Were you able to ever get a solution?  I'm on my second DJI Mini 3 Pro and it keeps doing the same thing.

Hi, yes, I returned both the drone and the controller, issue solved
2-15 00:10
Use props
RamblinMan
lvl.2
United States

SpikeHuelva Posted at 2-15 00:10
Hi, yes, I returned both the drone and the controller, issue solved

Thanks for the response.  Bummer that you had to return both to get it resolved.

I was doing a panoramic picture the other day and it is supposed to do the camera shutter sound for the many photos it takes.  I was just watching it do its thing when the camera shutter sound stopped about halfway through.  It kept taking photos but the sound never returned.  Annoying.
3-6 12:42
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

RamblinMan Posted at 3-6 12:42
Thanks for the response.  Bummer that you had to return both to get it resolved.

I was doing a panoramic picture the other day and it is supposed to do the camera shutter sound for the many photos it takes.  I was just watching it do its thing when the camera shutter sound stopped about halfway through.  It kept taking photos but the sound never returned.  Annoying.

yup....same thing happens to me
3-8 01:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules