Are waypoints retained after updating Fly App on RC Controller?
1027 9 2023-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skylark Aerial Imaging
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2411276 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm hoping that waypoint missions aren't erased when you update the Fly App on the RC Controller. Can anyone confirm this? Thx
2023-4-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When updating your DJI Fly app on your DJI RC to the latest version, please rest assured that the waypoint missions will not be deleted. If you experience any issues regarding this, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-3
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It is a different question if you send in the DJI RC (Pro) for repair, for example...

I don't know what happens then, and I also don't know how to save those waypoint missions really well and permanently...   
2023-4-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 4-3 21:36
It is a different question if you send in the DJI RC (Pro) for repair, for example...

I don't know what happens then, and I also don't know how to save those waypoint missions really well and permanently...

In Eu they send you a new controller back so you would loose the waypoints,  and unlike the IOS version where there was a waypoints file you could backup,  it seems the android version is a secret.
2023-4-4
Use props
djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 542431 ft
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 4-3 21:36

I assume "really well and permanently" doesn't mean backing up the files from Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/waypoint. If it does it is still combersome as you need to create and rename files in the process.
2023-4-4
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

On RC Pro, the Fly app update does not delete the waypoints.  Тested.
I have noticed that the compass can cause problems if it has been calibrated in the meantime.
2023-4-4
Use props
Skylark Aerial Imaging
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2411276 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-3 21:15
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When updating your DJI Fly app on your DJI RC to the latest version, please rest assured that the waypoint missions will not be deleted. If you experience any issues regarding this, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks- that's what I hoped
2023-4-4
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ Posted at 4-4 00:30
I assume "really well and permanently" doesn't mean backing up the files from Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/waypoint. If it does it is still combersome as you need to create and rename files in the process.

... no of course not! You are absolutely right!!!   
I "expect" a function with which I can save this important data permanently and then retrieve it again if necessary...
2023-4-4
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was able to successfully copy waypoints from one controller to another following this procedure.

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... port-import.135283/
2023-4-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Skylark Aerial Imaging Posted at 4-4 03:01
Thanks- that's what I hoped

You are most welcome. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules