Lost video connection to drone
1499 7 2023-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
United States

The drone was a short distance away when video connection was lost.
Info on flght here:
https://app.airdata.com/share/wCVTQR

I flew the drone manually a bit closer and video did not return.
I am on the latest firmware on the Mini 3 Pro and the DJI RC.
The drone wasn't that far away and then started to lan itself.
I didn't want it to land in that location so I thought rebooting the RC would help.
When I did the drone did a propper return to home and when the DJI RC restarted it still couldn't connect to the drone.
I had to power cycle the drone to get video from the drone again.

Also when I rebooted the RC I didn't regain control of the drone as well.

I have been using DJI gear for well over 5-7 years with 100s of flights and have never not been able to re-gain connection.

It was very strange.
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Joe Dawson. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Kindly refer to the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Ensure that the firmware of the devices is all updated. If already been updated, please refresh them using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).
2. When flying the drone, ensure that the remote controller antenna is positioned correctly.

3. Keep note of tree and house obstructions near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft's direction.
4. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. During your flight, turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality. If there's significant interference, change your location.
If possible, kindly do a short flight test to see if it improves. Please reach us back here should you have other concerns or inquiries. Thank you.
2023-4-24
Use props
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
United States

When the drone was 5 feet away and hovering after doing a return to home I still had no connection.  Plus all on the latest firmware.
2023-4-24
Use props
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-24 20:06
Hi, Joe Dawson. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Kindly refer to the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Ensure that the firmware of the devices is all updated. If already been updated, please refresh them using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).
2. When flying the drone, ensure that the remote controller antenna is positioned correctly.

Tony, not sure if you looked at the link I provided. It has a wealth of Damon the flight included that signal strength was perfect up to and including the moment video was lost.
2023-4-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your log, dp you have the next log as well   after rebooting the RC and got connected again?
Drone landed itself... after rebooting a proper RTH. Does not match with normal RTH behaviour.
cheers
JJB
2023-4-25
Use props
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
United States

When I rebooted no connection to the drone. So the logs show nothing.

But the drone.dat file might have better information. I don’t know how to read them.
2023-4-25
Use props
djiuser_1GcNkeLpvScH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3147251 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try rebinding them?
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Joe Dawson Posted at 4-24 22:22
Tony, not sure if you looked at the link I provided. It has a wealth of Damon the flight included that signal strength was perfect up to and including the moment video was lost.

We're sorry about that. We'll be sending you a PM to gather more details from you. Kindly check at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
2023-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules