Hyperlapse with Mavic 3 Enterprise
725 4 2023-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Muffin Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179442 ft
United States

I just got the Mavic 3 Enterprise for photogrammetry and modeling, but would also love to utilize it for other marketing aspects. Why is hyperlapse mode and point of interest mode not included?
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The POI Mode is supported for the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise you may refer to this LINK for more information. However, the Hyperlapse feature is not supported as the DJI Mavic 3E is mainly used for precision mapping, power line inspection, oil and gas inspection, pipeline patrol, police affairs and law enforcement, and traffic law enforcement. In software use, the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series adopts the DJI Pilot 2 app, which is specially designed for industry users and has great differences from Consumer drones in terms of product experience. If you are a professional aerial photography enthusiast or have a passion for drone flying, we recommend that you use the DJI Mavic 3 Consumer and discover a completely different user experience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-25
Use props
Muffin Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 179442 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-25 22:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The POI Mode is supported for the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise you may refer to this LINK for more information. However, the Hyperlapse feature is not supported as the DJI Mavic 3E is mainly used for precision mapping, power line inspection, oil and gas inspection, pipeline patrol, police affairs and law enforcement, and traffic law enforcement. In software use, the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series adopts the DJI Pilot 2 app, which is specially designed for industry users and has great differences from Consumer drones in terms of product experience. If you are a professional aerial photography enthusiast or have a passion for drone flying, we recommend that you use the DJI Mavic 3 Consumer and discover a completely different user experience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I understand the uses of the drone, but it seems like such a simple thing to omit since it's just a software issue. It seems very wasteful to have such a great camera and not be able to use a feature that my aging Mavic 2 Pro has or other much cheaper drones. It would be nice if they could add that feature in a future update since a hyperlapse is a great way to present videos to construction clients.

I'm glad there is a POI, however.
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Muffin Man Posted at 4-26 01:37
I understand the uses of the drone, but it seems like such a simple thing to omit since it's just a software issue. It seems very wasteful to have such a great camera and not be able to use a feature that my aging Mavic 2 Pro has or other much cheaper drones. It would be nice if they could add that feature in a future update since a hyperlapse is a great way to present videos to construction clients.

I'm glad there is a POI, however.

Thank you for your feedback. We totally understand your request, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-28
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-25 22:04

I'm starting to notice a pattern of DJI admins blaming the Pilot 2 app for all the M3E's missing features. I want to add a little transparency and truth to these claims. Pilot 2 is not the reason for Active Track being missing as I proved yesterday in a post that was conveniently overlooked by staff. Today I'll also add proof that, again, Pilot 2 is not the reason for Hyperlapse being strangely missing either. There's plenty of use cases for it in the Enterprise field btw. As you can see, the word "Hyperlapse" can be found 176 times within the Pilot 2 V6.1.1.1 apk. I'm sure this post will be ignored like most of mine have become. I'm not sure if you're knowingly lying to your customers or just ignorant of your own products. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in hopes that you can educate yourself when answering future questions.
2023-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules