Ronin RS 3 Mini - Canon EOS R Camera Connect Cable Error
1622 3 2023-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CSaf18
lvl.1
United States

I recently purchased the DJI Ronin RS 3 Mini online, about 2 weeks ago. Since receiving it, I have not been able to successfully use the Ronin in-app track and capture features with my Canon EOS R + Kit Lens RF 24-105mm lens. In the Ronin app, under "Status", the "Checklist" tab, it shows bluetooth connectivity to the device but an error for the Camera Control Cable
ronin app smaller.png
  • Ronin app is showing a connection to the RS 3 Mini at the top; I am able to use the virtual joystick to control pitch, tilt and roll
  • The DJI Ronin RS 3 updated its firmware on my first use to 01.02.00.00
  • The DJI Ronin App is v1.6.6(1060620) and not showing any new updates in the Apple app store
  • My Canon EOS R has the most up-to-date firmware from Canon; v1.8.0
  • I'm using the USB-C to USB-C included DJI camera connection cable
  • DJI support page indicates that the Canon EOS R is compatible with specifically the MCC-C included cable; I've tried additional USB-C cables with the same result
  • I've powercycled both the RS 3 unit, the camera, and checked all connections while plugging them in at various times during start-up

Nothing seems to register the connection at all - I can still return and replace the Ronin unit in case it is faulty but has anyone had a similar issue and resolved it with another method?

Thanks

2023-4-30
Use props
J Loo
New

Singapore

Hi there, I'm experiencing the same issue as well and no luck to resolve this.
Support can kindly assist?
2023-6-30
Use props
Videografic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4853665 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Any solution in this case provided by DJI?
2023-7-21
Use props
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Same here. The first time I tried it worked, but now don't. Not sure when it happened, maybe after updating the firmware I guess.
-- JUST WANT TO CONFIRM IT IS WORKING AGAIN AFTER FORCING THE FIRMWARE UPDATE--
2023-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules