original ND filter
605 6 2023-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mirec5050
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656555 ft
Slovakia

hi.i'm new here.i switched from mini 2 to mini 3 pro a month ago.i have a question.i bought DJI ND filters(from DJI 16,64,256).can anyone tell me how they compare to third party filters? I also have one filter from AliExpress (16) and I think that the quality of the photo has deteriorated rapidly - blurry, not sharp. But I would be more interested if branded filters are better than original ones.

2023-6-12
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

I've been using Freewell ND filters and have tried several from ND8 to 64.

They were advertised as metral with glass but are plastic

To be honest I have not been at all happy with the photos I have been getting, video is very good but all my Raw photos are washed out and unusable with or without filters.

The JPEGS with a ND32 saturates up way too much colour, with green overpowering everything else and it's similar but not quite as bad with a 16.

It's the RAW photos I'm concerned about, I sent my first Mini 3 Pro back due to this and the new one while being very slightly better, are not great and the jpegs I got with my Mini SE were better.

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say.

Cheers
2023-6-12
Use props
Mirec5050
lvl.2
Slovakia

Blackbuckone Posted at 6-12 04:51
I've been using Freewell ND filters and have tried several from ND8 to 64.

They were advertised as metral with glass but are plastic

I'll admit that I'm also confused about the photo (without a filter). On paper, the specifications of the photo sensor on the mini 3 pro are one level higher than on the mini 2... but I don't see a big difference!
2023-6-12
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

Mirec5050 Posted at 6-12 05:08
I'll admit that I'm also confused about the photo (without a filter). On paper, the specifications of the photo sensor on the mini 3 pro are one level higher than on the mini 2... but I don't see a big difference!

On paper the Mini Pro 3 photos should be vastly superior to the Mini SE too, but they aren't.

I've watched countless videos on taking photos with the Pro 3 to see if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not and the quality of the RAW files is still unusable.

It takes video no problem and this is very good, as is the RC controller and range I've had, but considering I purchased it mainly for the photos I'm a bit disappointed.
2023-6-12
Use props
djiuser_QEh1h0BgnNxw
lvl.2
United States

You do realize that you have to color grade a RAW photo right? Straight off the camera a RAW image looks like garbage, you have to edit it.
2023-6-12
Use props
Mirec5050
lvl.2
Slovakia

djiuser_QEh1h0BgnNxw Posted at 6-12 07:08
You do realize that you have to color grade a RAW photo right? Straight off the camera a RAW image looks like garbage, you have to edit it.

I already criticized RAW here in one thread. It was correctly explained to me that for its full quality it needs to be opened and then processed in a special program. I agree! but I don't really like the quality of a regular photo (jpeg) either... compared to the mini2, I expected "wow" effect.
2023-6-12
Use props
djiuser_cD0NjNTP9Zek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271004 ft
United States

I got the freewell ND filters that have the 4 8 16 32 and 64. On an overcast day I need to use the 64 filter to be able to get 1/60 shutter speed while keeping iso at ~100. Framerate is 4k@30 fps. Why do you think I need such a high nd filter? Does the overcast reflect even more sunlight into the sensor?
2023-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules