Mavic3M failed to take images
726 7 2023-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jubba Gash
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I flew a survey at the weekend using my Mavic3M and encountered an issue I've not seen before. After a mid-survey battery change and on resumption of the flight, the M3M failed to take any further images. I followed the correct procedure and paused the survey at around 25% battery depletion, RTH, swapped for a fresh battery and resumed the survey.
Thankfully, that annoying 'taking a picture' sound came into it's own, with the lack of sound alerting me there was an issue as it made me look at the photo count. I paused, RTH, swapped and resumed and the M3M then worked as expected.

Has anyone had this happen to them before? Seems like an odd glitch but could have been more of a problem if I hadn't noticed.
2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jubba Gash. Thank you for reaching out. Did you get any error messagges when it didn't take the photo?
2023-6-19
Use props
Jubba Gash
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-19 05:32
Hi, Jubba Gash. Thank you for reaching out. Did you get any error messagges when it didn't take the photo?

Hi, nothing at all. The drone returned to the pause point, did it's thing, and started flying again. There was no shutter sound from the controller and I could see the picture-count wasn't increasing. There were no error messages and the drone flew as expected.
2023-6-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Jubba Gash Posted at 6-19 08:05
Hi, nothing at all. The drone returned to the pause point, did it's thing, and started flying again. There was no shutter sound from the controller and I could see the picture-count wasn't increasing. There were no error messages and the drone flew as expected.

Don't waste your time with forum mods, it's a known bug.  

Send your flight logs extracted with assistant2 to enterprise@dji.com competent people will take the problem into account.  

The answer I got is that for some unknown reason the trigger order is not included in the flight plan resumption after interruption.  It would seem that it is only in the case of a voluntary interruption.  If you let it do its RTH auto and interrupt the flight plan itself, it resumes it in good conditions.
2023-6-19
Use props
Jubba Gash
lvl.2

United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-19 08:14
Don't waste your time with forum mods, it's a known bug.  

Send your flight logs extracted with assistant2 to  competent people will take the problem into account.  

Great, thanks LV. Will do that.
2023-6-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Jubba Gash Posted at 6-19 09:01
Great, thanks LV. Will do that.

Mods are nice here, but for the enterprise line, they're a complete mess. So they make us go around in circles, in most cases telling us that the complaint was forwarded to the relevant team, but without any follow-up and that's it. As much as if they didn't, it's the same.

By sending an email, someone will answer you, and the best thing is that you will have a tracking number. At any time you can reply to the email with this number to find out at which step your request is. The answer may not be more positive than here, but at least it avoids having to re-explain the case each time.
2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jubba Gash. Thank you for the reply. We'll forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We will update you once we receive feedback.
2023-6-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant team. They would need more information to investigate this. Please provide the Flight record, KMZ file, and Flight controller log for the 3 flights. Thank you.
2023-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules