Mavic 3 Pro loud squeaking noise
3702 34 2023-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mitomenai
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I bought a Mavic 3 Pro a few days ago and I notice it's making a squeaking noise.

The noise is virtually identical to this user's Mavic 3:

It's just at the right pitch to be extremely loud and annoying in person, especially when landing.

I tried speaking to support, but they're telling me to return it to BestBuy. BestBuy is telling me to contact the manufacturer. Basically, I'm being juggled like a hot potato. :/

I've owned 4 DJI drones and 1 Autel, never heard of any squeaking noises. Anyone else have a Mavic 3 or 3 Pro that makes noise?

2023-6-21
Use props
Mitomenai
lvl.1
United States

Tried to make my own video, but it's hard to hear over the usual buzzing of the drone.

It's a pulsating noise near the 6,100~Hz frequency. Much louder in person, and becomes much worse when the drone actually moves.

2023-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for this unpleasant experience. You may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index  . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-21
Use props
Mitomenai
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-21 18:50
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for this unpleasant experience. You may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index  . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

A question:

Why would I choose to repair it if I activated it only 3 days ago? This should qualify for replacement. Damage implies it was somehow damaged while in use, but it came like this out of box and exhibited this issue since the very first flight.
2023-6-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Anyone else have a Mavic 3 or 3 Pro that makes noise?"

Sorry. I don't hear a problem, especially when it is recorded indoors and I have done many clips indoors. Nothing is wrong with your drone..... IMHO. 6K is just the average frequency of the motors while hovering. All drones make noise. The common description is that they sound like a swarm of bees.
Your other drones are much smaller and lower powered. The M3P is way heavier and more powerful.

2023-6-21
Use props
Mitomenai
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 6-21 20:31
"Anyone else have a Mavic 3 or 3 Pro that makes noise?"

Sorry. I don't hear a problem, especially when it is recorded indoors and I have done many clips indoors. Nothing is wrong with your drone..... IMHO. 6K is just the average frequency of the motors while hovering. All drones make noise. The common description is that they sound like a swarm of bees.

I've owned a Mavic Pro, Mini 1, Mini 2, Air 2S, DJI FPV, Autel Evo 2 Pro, and have built 4 FPV drones. The only other time I've come across a high pitched resonance emanating from my craft was on a defective motor of one of my FPV crafts. It is not something I expect to hear on a camera drone.

I got a 2nd opinion from someone else in-person, and they can hear it loud and clear. It is very annoying and very distinct from the "swarm of hornets" sound.

This is not my first rodeo with bad motor on a DJI drone weeks after purchasing it. The last time, it got worse and worse until it seized up and wouldn't take off. I'm not taking chances with this one. I expect a $3,000 drone to be perfect out of the box.

Anyhow, I was not aware we can request a replacement without going through a support agent, so I went and did that.
2023-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mitomenai Posted at 6-21 19:42
A question:

Why would I choose to repair it if I activated it only 3 days ago? This should qualify for replacement. Damage implies it was somehow damaged while in use, but it came like this out of box and exhibited this issue since the very first flight.

Hi there, we managed to find your chat record with our support team through your forum account. And we notice that our team has explained to you that it seems like normal propeller sounds. If you are still concerned about it, we will forward it to our engineer for further confirmation.
And we also notice our team suggests that if you are concerned about it, you can contact BestBuy for replacement first. If they do not help, you can also submit a replacement case through this link. https://repair.dji.com/repair/replacement?lang=en
2023-6-22
Use props
Mitomenai
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-22 07:08
Hi there, we managed to find your chat record with our support team through your forum account. And we notice that our team has explained to you that it seems like normal propeller sounds. If you are still concerned about it, we will forward it to our engineer for further confirmation.
And we also notice our team suggests that if you are concerned about it, you can contact BestBuy for replacement first. If they do not help, you can also submit a replacement case through this link. https://repair.dji.com/repair/replacement?lang=en

Thank you, I appreciate the timely responses and all of the hard work you put in. Product support is one of the main reasons why I choose DJI. I genuinely do disagree with the statement that it's a normal sound. Had other users acknowledged that they too hear an intermittent high frequency sound, I would accept it as normal. However, the only other reference I found regarding this sound is the aforementioned video I linked in my first post.

In that video, the user had their Mavic 3 replaced 6 months ago, and they seem pleased with their replacement. That leads me to believe this is not a common sound and is technically a defect.

As mentioned in the support chat, the sound is difficult to capture on video. It really does have to be witnessed in person. I am also very sensitive to this particular frequency.

I went ahead and submitted a replacement with DJI.
2023-6-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mitomenai Posted at 6-21 20:50
I've owned a Mavic Pro, Mini 1, Mini 2, Air 2S, DJI FPV, Autel Evo 2 Pro, and have built 4 FPV drones. The only other time I've come across a high pitched resonance emanating from my craft was on a defective motor of one of my FPV crafts. It is not something I expect to hear on a camera drone.

I got a 2nd opinion from someone else in-person, and they can hear it loud and clear. It is very annoying and very distinct from the "swarm of hornets" sound.

All the drones you mentioned are weaker than the M3.
Camera drones do not have to be quiet, no audio recording.
2023-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mitomenai Posted at 6-22 10:29
Thank you, I appreciate the timely responses and all of the hard work you put in. Product support is one of the main reasons why I choose DJI. I genuinely do disagree with the statement that it's a normal sound. Had other users acknowledged that they too hear an intermittent high frequency sound, I would accept it as normal. However, the only other reference I found regarding this sound is the aforementioned video I linked in my first post.

In that video, the user had their Mavic 3 replaced 6 months ago, and they seem pleased with their replacement. That leads me to believe this is not a common sound and is technically a defect.

You are most welcome, Mitomenai. If you experience any issues submitting a replacement case on our website, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-6-22
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United States

I can hear the squeak in both videos, especially the second video.
2023-6-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do also hear the regular noise of the propellers and then an occasional loud squeak.  Yes, I would be concerned.  I have not heard that with any of the drones I have owned, including my M3 Pro.

Good luck getting that fixed/resolved!!!  You are not crazy, I heard it too.
2023-6-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

TonyPHX Posted at 6-23 21:06
I do also hear the regular noise of the propellers and then an occasional loud squeak.  Yes, I would be concerned.  I have not heard that with any of the drones I have owned, including my M3 Pro.

Good luck getting that fixed/resolved!!!  You are not crazy, I heard it too.

I can't hear it, no matter how many times I watched the video...

One good thing about getting old...

Wait... I just heard a squeaky sound now... Bugger, no.., false alarm, is just my left knee...

2023-6-23
Use props
stefc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 340023 ft
Romania

Mitomenai Posted at 6-21 15:33
Tried to make my own video, but it's hard to hear over the usual buzzing of the drone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgA54-JdmQo

The odd sound is definitely there. It is similar to a high pitch rattle.
I've had it in a fainter version in my old Mavic 3 and I have it also now very pronounced, in my current Mavic 3 PRO.
It is also present  on one of my friend's Mavic 3 but on a lower note.
It seems to be coming from the engines, it is not propellers related.

I will record it and follow up with my clips also.

2023-6-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 6-23 22:04
I can't hear it, no matter how many times I watched the video...

One good thing about getting old...

Its there but irregular.
2023-6-24
Use props
stefc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 340023 ft
Romania

Mavic 3 Pro High Pitch noise, squeak outdoor

It is the exact issue that was reported in the past by an Air 2 user here: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... tched-sound.124045/

2023-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mitomenai Posted at 6-22 10:29
Thank you, I appreciate the timely responses and all of the hard work you put in. Product support is one of the main reasons why I choose DJI. I genuinely do disagree with the statement that it's a normal sound. Had other users acknowledged that they too hear an intermittent high frequency sound, I would accept it as normal. However, the only other reference I found regarding this sound is the aforementioned video I linked in my first post.

You're welcome. We got a reply from our engineer that the sound is within the normal range. But if you are still worried about it, you can send it back for diagnosis first. And we notice you've submitted a case, you can check the case status through this link. https://repair.dji.com/trace/search?lang=en
2023-6-24
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

TonyPHX Posted at 6-24 09:17
Its there but irregular.

Well, even if I can't hear it, there can be only one thing that can make a high pitch noise when the rotors are spinning...

Bearings...

Actually that's not completely true... Even the ESC do make a high pitch sound when they are working not at full speed, but it is a different pitch...

2023-6-25
Use props
iFlylikeafridge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2355823 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I got the same sound in my old Mavic Air since it was brand new. On mine it came from one of the motors, just being a bit more noisy. I never had any issue/crash with mine over the 2 years I owned it, and I had many flights with it.

Try to remove the propellers and listen to the motors when you start it up and rev it a bit (not too much though), you should be able to hear the same sound and confirm which of the motors is making this sound. But I would not worry too much, as I told you, I never had any issues with my old Mavic Air.
I also heard of some users reporting this issue just in the first flights of their drone and then it dissapeared, probably because the new motors needed to have a good ol' break-in.

2023-6-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 6-25 23:20
Well, even if I can't hear it, there can be only one thing that can make a high pitch noise when the rotors are spinning...

Bearings...

I think you are right.  It could even be that it's just a case of some foreign material etc.... I would probably just clean it with some QRC electronics cleaner and run the hell out of it.
2023-6-26
Use props
Valdes73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297795 ft
Poland

Hi! Did you solve your problem? I've got the same with mine Mavic 3 Pro - I hear a high frequency noise in the background
2023-6-30
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Could this be the gimbal motors?
2023-7-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Valdes73 Posted at 6-30 00:12
Hi! Did you solve your problem? I've got the same with mine Mavic 3 Pro - I hear a high frequency noise in the background

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload a video showing the issue so we can check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-9
Use props
Ricci.Hidalgo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155131 ft
Chile

That is the exact same squeaking noise that my new M3P has and it doesn't seem normal! Maybe a lack of bearing lubrication? Anyway, applying bearing oil on the motor bearings is probably not a good idea.

I will fly it more Tomorrow hoping that the noise will go away. If not, I'll be considering to return it for replacement under warranty.
2023-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ricci.Hidalgo Posted at 7-16 17:53
That is the exact same squeaking noise that my new M3P has and it doesn't seem normal! Maybe a lack of bearing lubrication? Anyway, applying bearing oil on the motor bearings is probably not a good idea.

I will fly it more Tomorrow hoping that the noise will go away. If not, I'll be considering to return it for replacement under warranty.

Hi. Should you need more assistance if the issue persists you can contact our DJI supports here. Thank you for the support and have a great day ahead.
2023-7-17
Use props
Sebi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5089226 ft
Poland

I bought Mavic 3 Pro a month ago. Squeaking noise can be heard during every flight. Is it normal?
2023-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sebi Posted at 7-17 05:13
I bought Mavic 3 Pro a month ago. Squeaking noise can be heard during every flight. Is it normal?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind posting a video, please? You can save it on your Google Drive or post it on youtube and then paste it into this thread. Thank you.
2023-7-17
Use props
Sebi
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 7-17 23:40
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind posting a video, please? You can save it on your Google Drive or post it on youtube and then paste it into this thread. Thank you.

2023-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sebi Posted at 7-18 05:08
https://youtu.be/P1ADEiF5vv4

Hi, Sebi. I sent the video to our team and they were able to confirm that the noise is normal.
2023-7-19
Use props
Sebi
lvl.4
Poland

My Mavic 3 does not make such strange sounds. What causes such squeaking in the Mavic 3 Pro? Engines? Propellers?
2023-7-19
Use props
fansaf1af3fc
New
Flight distance : 456 ft

Germany

Its Funny to Find this Forum post. because  i have the Complete NEW DJI AIR 3 and i have the Same Sound. so now the Question is anything Damaged  or not straight out the box charged battery start Flying and the Sound is there.     i dont like to Fly with  it because i have no Clue  if a Motor damaged or so and its crashing on any People or so  
2023-7-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansaf1af3fc Posted at 7-28 07:58
Its Funny to Find this Forum post. because  i have the Complete NEW DJI AIR 3 and i have the Same Sound. so now the Question is anything Damaged  or not straight out the box charged battery start Flying and the Sound is there.     i dont like to Fly with  it because i have no Clue  if a Motor damaged or so and its crashing on any People or so

Hi there. Sorry for the experience. Will you be able to post a link to the video here? We are more than glad to assist you. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-29
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hello, your drone sounds pretty normal, go outside and fly it, then tell us how it is
2023-8-26
Use props
djiuser_nQfAZaxC3n6e
lvl.1
United States

I bought a Mavic 3 pro cine a few days ago and sent it back in after 3 days of owning it I was not happy about the noise. I was wondering if they are going to charge me a replacement or repair fee for this. I paid 5 grand for a a good quality drone and didn't get what I paid for.. I'm waiting to see what they will say about it it just got delivered to them today.
2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_nQfAZaxC3n6e Posted at 11-1 11:14
I bought a Mavic 3 pro cine a few days ago and sent it back in after 3 days of owning it I was not happy about the noise. I was wondering if they are going to charge me a replacement or repair fee for this. I paid 5 grand for a a good quality drone and didn't get what I paid for.. I'm waiting to see what they will say about it it just got delivered to them today.

Hi. Sorry, you had to return your Mavic 3 Pro. I hope you already have the replacement and is working perfectly fine. You can always reach out to us if you need further assistance. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules