4353 76 2023-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneXL.co
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635735 ft
  • >>>
United States

A morning filled with excitement in the drone world began with the release of product photos for DJI's unreleased drone, the DJI Air 3. This leak solidified the fact that the launch of this economical alternative to the pricier Mavic 3 is on the horizon. The newly unveiled photos reveal a clear view of the DJI Air 3 and its standout feature, the dual camera system.

More: https://dronexl.co/2023/06/29/dji-air-3-dual-camera-flight-time-pricing/

DJI Air 3 drone leaked photos dji rumors 0119.jpg
2023-6-29
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Not sure if I need dual camera but I like the new drone and upgraded RC2! Looking forward to see more details...
2023-6-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

We'll have to wait and see.
2023-6-29
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220367 ft
France

So, to summarize, compared to the Mavic 3 Classic that came out very recently, the Air 3 will be lighter, smaller, cheaper, with a dual system camera, and a new controller with external antenas?

Well done DJI. I feel completely cheated and will probably never ever buy any product from you again.
2023-6-29
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

AroundTheWorldz Posted at 6-29 12:27
So, to summarize, compared to the Mavic 3 Classic that I bought less than a month ago, the Air 3 will be lighter, smaller, cheaper, with a dual system camera, and a new controller with external antenas?

Well done DJI. I feel completely cheated and will probably never ever buy any product from you again.

And better... You forgot better...

This happens every single time a new model comes out...

Why are you acting surprised???
2023-6-29
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

At least, if true, this release explains why people were forced to get the RC with the new Mavic...
2023-6-29
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

The new rc with antenna looks nice. So why wasn't this included with the mavic 3 pro? Like wth. They didn't even release mavic 3 pro drone only and pair with the rc without antenna. I'm guessing they trying get rid of all the rc before putting out the rc 2. What a cheap tactic. Smh
2023-6-29
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 6-29 17:26
The new rc with antenna looks nice. So why wasn't this included with the mavic 3 pro? Like wth. They didn't even release mavic 3 pro drone only and pair with the rc without antenna. I'm guessing they trying get rid of all the rc before putting out the rc 2. What a cheap tactic. Smh

It was not included with the mavic 3 pro because they probably were not ready to release it yet.
And were still testing it yet.
2023-6-29
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

So, to summarize, compared to the Mavic 3 Classic that I bought less than a month ago, the Air 3 will be lighter, smaller, cheaper, with a dual system camera, and a new controller with external antenas?

DJI has to do stuff like this to stay ahead of the competition.
2023-6-29
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

Freetime Posted at 6-29 17:46
DJI has to do stuff like this to stay ahead of the competition.

what competition?
2023-6-29
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Autel lite+ for one,has an amazing camera,I know I have one.
On the high end consumer market sure the mavic series owns the market share.As does the mini
series .However the mid range series is a different story,unless the new Air 3 is something special.
2023-6-29
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
France

Burt37 Posted at 6-29 15:56
And better... You forgot better...

This happens every single time a new model comes out...

Why am I surprised? Maybe because Mavic drones are supposed to be the flagship models of the brand and cost hundred dollars more than the Air 3?   

I didn't even have time to fly it once that the Mavic 3 Pro and the Air 3 were announced! 2 more models in such a short time? What a joke! I don't even know why they didn't skip the Classic if they planned to release an Air 3 better in every way. That's just a spit on the face of Mavic 3 Classic owners.
2023-6-29
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

AroundTheWorldz Posted at 6-29 23:19
Why am I surprised? Maybe because Mavic drones are supposed to be the flagship models of the brand and cost hundred dollars more than the Air 3?   

I didn't even have time to fly it once that the Mavic 3 Pro and the Air 3 were announced! 2 more models in such a short time? What a joke! I don't even know why they didn't skip the Classic if they planned to release an Air 3 better in every way. That's just a spit on the face of Mavic 3 Classic owners.

Don't take it personally...

It is strictly business... If you want to be heard, next time, vote with your wallet...
2023-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So, to summarize, compared to the Mavic 3 Classic that came out very recently, the Air 3 will be lighter, smaller, cheaper, with a dual system camera, and a new controller with external antenas?

So you didnt expect DJI to release better products in the future?
2023-6-30
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
France

DAFlys Posted at 6-30 04:21
So you didnt expect DJI to release better products in the future?

Not in such a short time and even less considering that the Air 3 is a direct competitor to the Mavic 3 Classic and that we thought DJI would skip the Air 3 not to kill sales of the Classic.
If they want to disrespect customers who spent thousands of euros and reduce cycles between drones they should at least offer a program to give us the opportunity to swap drones.

2023-6-30
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

AroundTheWorldz Posted at 6-30 04:29
Not in such a short time and even less considering that the Air 3 is a direct competitor to the Mavic 3 Classic and that we thought DJI would skip the Air 3 not to kill sales of the Classic.

"We thought..."

I for one knew that an Air 3 was inevitable. Is it an alternative to my "old" Mavic 3 Cine? NO. Time marches on, and so does technology.
2023-6-30
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
France

Burt37 Posted at 6-30 02:00
Don't take it personally...

It is strictly business... If you want to be heard, next time, vote with your wallet...

Yeah I definitely will, thanks
2023-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If they want to disrespect customers who spent thousands of euros and reduce cycles between drones they should at least offer a program to give us the opportunity to swap drones.

You know the Air 3 was leaked to have launched in January originally.  
2023-6-30
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
France

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-30 04:34
"We thought..."

I for one knew that an Air 3 was inevitable. Is it an alternative to my "old" Mavic 3 Cine? NO. Time marches on, and so does technology.

Many of us were doubting that there would be enough space this year between the Mini 3 Pro and the Mavic 3 Classic to justify an Air 3.
2023-6-30
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
France

DAFlys Posted at 6-30 04:38
You know the Air 3 was leaked to have launched in January originally.

There was nothing serious at that time. I was checking the news everyday. And that was still after the Classic came out. It shows even more how much DJI doesn't give a damn about their customers since they were ready to release the Air 3 2 months after the Classic.
2023-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AroundTheWorldz Posted at 6-30 04:43
There was nothing serious at that time. I was checking the news everyday. And that was still after the Classic came out. It shows even more how much DJI doesn't give a damn about their customers since they were ready to release the Air 3 2 months after the Classic.

So you thought that they wouldn't release an Air 3 then?   
2023-6-30
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
France

DAFlys Posted at 6-30 04:47
So you thought that they wouldn't release an Air 3 then?

Yes, or at least not that early because of the classic and because I didn't think they would let a way cheaper drone perform better than the flagship.

Because what justifies spending 1,750 euros on a Mavic 3 Classic rather than a lot less money on an Air 3 in fly more combo that has a dual camera system and which in addition takes up less space, is less heavy and has a new radio control? The 4/3 sensor? Certainly not.
https://dronedj.com/2023/06/26/t ... -pretty-reasonable/
2023-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AroundTheWorldz Posted at 6-30 04:57
Yes, or at least not that early because of the classic and because I didn't think they would let a way cheaper drone perform better than the flagship.

Because what justifies spending 1,750 euros on a Mavic 3 Classic rather than a lot less money on an Air 3 in fly more combo that has a dual camera system and which in addition takes up less space, is less heavy and has a new radio control? The 4/3 sensor? Certainly not.

Well it will depend on what features they dont include over the Mavic 3.
2023-6-30
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 673862 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ok just release it already lol
2023-6-30
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 673862 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Also with the cameras; I think it’s the Mavic 3 set up without the Hasselblad colour profile.
2023-6-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.    Will be nice to see even more details.  I see it hasn't cleared the FCC yet so release in US may still be a few weeks away.
2023-6-30
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

AroundTheWorldz Posted at 6-30 04:57

Because what justifies spending 1,750 euros on a Mavic 3 Classic rather than a lot less money on an Air 3 in fly more combo that has a dual camera system and which in addition takes up less space, is less heavy and has a new radio control? The 4/3 sensor? Certainly not.

Please accept the fact that this is how DJI does business and ease off with the endless complaining.
2023-6-30
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Freetime Posted at 6-30 07:32
Please accept the fact that this is how DJI does business and ease off with the endless complaining.

I wonder if he's ready for a Mini 3 Pro S?  
2023-6-30
Use props
Clairebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5445758 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Has the Air 3 weight been confirmed?
2023-6-30
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-30 08:31

You know I have no idea already,sure gets kinda sickening.
2023-6-30
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
France

I don't mind, the mini series is too light and supposed to be the entry level, but hey, let's talk about the Air 3 ;)
2023-6-30
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Mavic and Air are two different lines (That's why I wasn't considering the large one, despite the fact that I think specs are great). We don't know the details of Air 3 but I doubt that final specifications will be as good as Mavic 3 line (like large sensor Hasselblad camera).
2023-6-30
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

Clairebear Posted at 6-30 08:33
Has the Air 3 weight been confirmed?

AFAIK No...
2023-6-30
Use props
AroundTheWorldz
lvl.2
France

virtual Posted at 6-30 10:04
Mavic and Air are two different lines (That's why I wasn't considering the large one, despite the fact that I think specs are great). We don't know the details of Air 3 but I doubt that final specifications will be as good as Mavic 3 line (like large sensor Hasselblad camera).

Let's see but a dual camera system and a new RC is already promising. Having a dual camera system even on a 1 inch sensor seems to me more valuable than just a camera on a 4/3 sensor.
2023-6-30
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

AroundTheWorldz Posted at 6-30 04:35
Yeah I definitely will, thanks

Yeah, you should...

You just got done by DJI... Welcome to DJI's world...

Sometimes it feels like been at Kmart around here...
2023-6-30
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

in fact there is a mini 4 on the way
but for complains about it we should check the mini 3 threads
and about this air 3, everyone will be happy if they will wait for air 3 pro
2023-6-30
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

nightfly Posted at 6-30 16:30
in fact there is a mini 4 on the way

It will be a while yet before we see a Mini 4,I doubt this year anymore.
2023-6-30
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

nightfly Posted at 6-30 16:30
in fact there is a mini 4 on the way

What upgrades could Air 3 Pro include?
2023-7-1
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

Freetime Posted at 6-30 21:36
It will be a while yet before we see a Mini 4,I doubt this year anymore.

there is a leaked pic now
2023-7-1
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

virtual Posted at 7-1 01:00
What upgrades could Air 3 Pro include?

nobody knows but it will be "better" than air 3
pro is now triple camera so...
2023-7-1
Use props