How satisfied are you with DJI Support? (Please Vote)
14183 195 2015-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-11 14:31
Lemme guess the remote controller was also csc"d thus being user error ? Can't win for lose . Boug ...

Your RC is still under warranty and would be repaired free of charge if there was any kind of manufacture defect.
They only would not repair it under warranty if it was abuse to the RC.
2016-3-10
Use props
TOROMBO
lvl.1

United States

Well here is a link from DJI forums, here you can see all the issues i have received from DJI end for only 1 transaction. http://forum.dji.com/thread-44182-1-1.html
I would encourage anyone reading this reply to purchase DJI products by companies that offer an outstanding customer support such as, apple, amazon, ebay, and so on. You won't have any issues if you have to return a defective product to this companies. Its been 3 months already since i returned a battery that i bought from dji website, in the link i provided above, you will be able to read what and how happened with customer service on dji end.
2016-3-11
Use props
lukx
lvl.2

Poland

I have very good experience with DJI support. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid222706

True is that it took quite a bit of time but at the end I all good.
2016-3-23
Use props
jsimpson1000
lvl.1

United States

I say un satisfied simply cause of the numerous stories/reviews and actual sellers of the DJI that warn you!!! "The worst customer support ever" been told also told be retailers and just the reviews, it cud be up to 3 months til they respond!!! Think about that, what if you bought an extended warranty??!!!
2016-3-23
Use props
jsimpson1000
lvl.1

Let me clean that up a bit( auto-correct), I've had my own problems but I'm not truly sure who with!!! Amazon or DJI, I've returned now 2 spare parts because when you find what your lookin for details are vague but your hoping it's what you wanna hear.. Ex. "Compatible for all phantom 3 or maybe phantom 3 series.. I've learned kinda hard and long way..
2016-3-23
Use props
jsimpson1000
lvl.1

United States

But w said, don't be afraid to trouble shoot.. Up til few hrs ago I thought I just wasted $450 but after 2 days of just thinking and researching you really do learn a lot.. By that I mean, contact ppl( retailers/camera stores etc) ... I finally found cord I'm looking for .. I F-ing hope this time.. IMPORTANT FOR PHANTOM 3 STANDARD OWNERS.. ALWAYS MAKE SURE WHAT YOU BUY ACTUALLY SAYS COMPATIBLE FOR STANDARD.. Trust me !!! They( Amazon ) trick the hell outta ya at times.. I'm aware standard is the lower end of series but it's still a very nice piece of head banging craftsmanship.. I really do love this drone , but man I've in past mo month learned more about drones and how to fix than I've learned in 8 yrs at my place of work!!! Lol
2016-3-23
Use props
ajpierro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 321476 ft
United States

I had an issue with the wifi receiver in my vision 2+, I contacted them and spoke to someone rather quickly.  He started a ticket, sent my shipping label (I did have to pay for shipping which was about $65).  It took about 3 weeks but they replaced the part at no charge and paid for return shipping and it has been perfect ever since.  Guess I was lucky based off of some of the post I've read, but I had no trouble dealing with them.
2016-3-29
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-22 22:46
You should be good, if there's any more extreme communication errors let me know.

Got it today!
Missing a couple items but now its here waiting for flyable weather wohoo!
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-4-16 02:52
Got it today!
Missing a couple items but now its here waiting for flyable weather wohoo!

Sounds good.
2016-4-15
Use props
kontact
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8679751 ft

I'll add my 2 experiences with DJI service. First time was in Feb of this year, contacted the service department via on-line chat was able to get a RMA number and shipped it in had it back 21 days from the day I shipped it. I was very happy with the turn around time. They replaced a motor. Then in March I found a crack in the upper half of the case. Again contacted DJI support. With in 45 minutes I had a RMA number and a shipping label to ship it back to them. I sent it out on a Monday. I had the drone back in my hands the very next Monday. I live in Arizona so the shipping is fast one day most of the time.
I have read the horror stories about DJI's service or lack of. I even was trying to help one of the guys here find out why it was taking so long. I think  DJI-Ken helped out.
DJI is a growing business and with that will have growing pains, shortage of help. From what I have seen and heard from people from dealers ( drones plus, Hobby Action).  DJI is trying to get it straighten out with more employees.
They have a great product, top of the line I would say. There is very few companies that will stand be hidden their product like DJI does.
The only down side I see is our own Government stepping in.
Have a great day and keep them flying.
Phxbird   
2016-4-16
Use props
jcap858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>

Here's my experience so far

I bought my Phantom 4 after doing nearly 6 months of researching for what I thought would be my first upper tier quadcopter. I owned the small rechargeable ones that I played around in the house and felt like getting more into this hobby. Anyways fast forward to March 2016 and DJI is about to release the Phantom 4. I wasn't sure I wanted to buy it, so I stopped by the Apple Store and as soon as I saw it I was sold. Man, in my opinion the Phantom 4 is incredibly sexy in its appearance. My wife, due to its apple esque design, thought it was made by Apple.

2 weeks later I'm practicing with the active tracking and attempting to circle around an object. I misjudged the height of some trees, my Phantom 4 clips the branches and comes crashing down from a height of 15-20ft. Darn. I examined the crash and see a couple of broken propellers, an ejected battery, and a gimbal this is no longer in proper alignment with the aircraft. I knew this was pilot error so I wasn't going to try to return this to the Apple Store or come up with some story how it was the aircraft's fault when I contacted DJI.

I emailed DJI hoping that the repairs wouldn't cost anywhere near the cost of a completely new unit. They responded within a day with an email with what to include when I send in my unit for repairs. A week pasts by and no response. This is the one part of my experience that perhaps DJI could improve upon. I called the US repair center and they let know that my unit was inspected and an invoice was waiting to be sent out to me for payment. The amount was $204. I did not have DJI care, so I paid out of pocket. Would I have gotten the invoice the next day? Only God knows, but after a week when my unit was checked and no response, I figure it warranted a phone call. After that my unit was repaired and shipped. When I received my repaired Phantom 4, it looked perfect. Just like a new one. I flew it a few times and no problems. The duration was 9 days, from me shipping it out to it arriving back to my door step. This is my first product that I have purchased from DJI. In the past I heard some really bad customer experiences with DJI, especially with repairs. So I was doing the proverbial hoping for best but preparing for the worst scenario in my head. I read in these forums that DJI is putting a greater effort into customer support/satisfaction.  Perhaps, my experience is a result of that and that same effort will carry on into the future for other customers. Time will tell. In the meantime I am extremely satisfied with the product that I bought and the support that came after when it needed repairs.
2016-4-17
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-18
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

I think when it comes to customer service, most people tend to turn to forums when there is a problem - like I did.  Except I was seeking advise on my problem.  I posted last week that I emailed DJI on Sunday about my problem, had a RMA Monday, shipped it out Tuesday, repaired Thursday, and shipped out back to me Friday. I just need to see the finished product when it gets here.  In my opinion, my transaction with DJI was as fast as it could possibly go.  My P3P should be here this week, so thats under two weeks turnaround if I count last Sunday (which they were closed).
2016-4-18
Use props
t0mb0la
Second Officer
Flight distance : 447841 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI support were unable to offer any solution for me; seemingly happy to leave my issue unresolved, and me disappointed.
To DJI, this is ticket "solved".
2016-4-19
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-4-19
Use props
DJRL
lvl.2

Netherlands

jcap858 Posted at 2016-4-17 10:13
Here's my experience so far

I bought my Phantom 4 after doing nearly 6 months of researching for wh ...

Happy to hear that.
2016-4-20
Use props
jsimpson1000
lvl.1

United States

Satisfied, was speaking to tech w/in 8 min when called.. Answered all questions, first time talking to someone who knows more than myself,which is nice.. By that I mean I've read hundreds upon hundreds of reviews about this and that, own 2 phantoms( bought all accessories n what not) watched videos..  I'm not much for technical mambo jumbo, but I can fly the bleep outta these damn things.. And I plan on someday having my videos on display.. Im coming DJI so just remember me
2016-4-30
Use props
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI are very bad . If you have issues with a brand new drone . They blame the customer . How can they sell DJI care and give Warrenby to fix it rth to home fails . But if you buy brand new the Warrenty does not cover return to home failure .  Does not make any sense .
2016-5-1
Use props
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I love my gadgets . For over 20 years I have never had issues with companies if a fault happened.  It got replaced no questions asked . No hassle . But DJI do not even repair for free even though I bought only a week ago .
2016-5-1
Use props
lvl.1

United Kingdom

A return to home should happen when signal goes but never happened .
2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

05839 Posted at 2016-5-2 00:33
DJI are very bad . If you have issues with a brand new drone . They blame the customer . How can the ...

DJI has repaired tons and tons of aircraft under warranty and even have warrantied stuff when they didn't have to.
The flight data recorder is most always the deciding factor of when someone says it crashed and was not my fault but the logs show differently.
I do not remember your case but if a warranty was denied then the repair center had reason.
DJI is not in the business to cheat people out of doing warranty repairs.
2016-6-8
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829908 ft

dieselwind Posted at 2016-4-19 08:34
I think when it comes to customer service, most people tend to turn to forums when there is a proble ...

Did you get it back? If so was it the same one? Just got mine back, well not mine it is used. Mine was 30 days old with not 1 scratches. The used one had someone else's name, 4 nicks , couple scratches and you can see all the crease marks. It looks like they took the whole thing apart and poorly put it back together. My paperwork said camera and fan component was replaced but it was the drone that was replaced.  So disappointed.  Ha vented flown it due to weather but I don't have high hopes. I hope things went better for you.
2016-6-8
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I am not impressed with smaller stuff from DJI, like simple questions on "what happened", they do not seem to take time to really look into the logs.. but that's on small stuff.. as much as I hope they do well on big - crashes and things really not working, I hope to never have to use that service!
2016-6-8
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

juliovincentyjr Posted at 2016-6-8 23:41
Did you get it back? If so was it the same one? Just got mine back, well not mine it is used. Mine ...

Yes, I got mine back within 12 days from sending the repair email.  No issues.  Sorry to hear that!
2016-6-10
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829908 ft

dieselwind Posted at 2016-6-11 07:01
Yes, I got mine back within 12 days from sending the repair email.  No issues.  Sorry to hear that ...

Well after 5 hours chatting with DJI they figured it out. Apperntly my craft was mixed up with someone elses. I sent it back and they are sending me a replacement. I guess s&!t happens, at least they stepped up to the plate to rectify it. It sux because I sent it out a month ago but i am happy to see them taking care of it. Thanks for replying with your final results.  
2016-6-11
Use props
CaptanW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70151 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-1 09:04
after having read the nightmare stories i am too afraid to call if i ever need help as i have a very ...

I had shipped my drone to DJIs repair dept a few weeks ago because the gimbal yaw arm had broke. The yaw arm broke because after a firmware update i was having a flyaway without touching the controls in the middle of a farm with no powerlines or anything. I got to get some control then it skimmed a tree and broke the yaw arm. After i send it in i get a bill for $142.00 and im like why did the warrenty not cover it because it was a error from the firmware update and they say its a crash. Next they are "Unable to recover the flight logs". So i had the drone for 4-5 days before this "crash/firmware error" and they still will not recover it. I have spent hours on the phone trying to get this through there heads. They have spent more hours talking about fixing it than if they had just fixed it. They have lost so much money on this and on top of that they are sending it back broke for me to fix it. I am holding the new yaw arm now that i bought for $15 and i can fix it myself. Everyone be careful with your drones because if there is a error on DJIs side then they will NOT fix it.

This is my nightmare story, but the broke drone is already shipped back to me after 3 weeks.
2016-6-11
Use props
gullisig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Have not used support direct but needed spare parts and went to the resale partner and got 100% service.
2016-6-14
Use props
BrianJ
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Very satisfied with Dji EU. See my post http://forum.dji.com/thread-55154-1-1.html
2016-6-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

BrianJ Posted at 2016-6-15 06:47
Very satisfied with Dji EU. See my post http://forum.dji.com/thread-55154-1-1.html

Thank you very much for posting Brian.
2016-8-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think people here need to go and read about the early years of Apple Corp, you will find there CS was appalling there machines were a pile of shite, but were a company of people who were never going to give up, and now are the benchmark for excellent CS,
DJI are a very new company with a very new to market product, a company with great vision for innovation to make some great products, while it I'm sure is a great help to DJI that good and negative feedback are given freely on a forum they have set up remember that they don't seem to be worried about the negative feedback left on this site, that's most likely how they will learn to iron out problems like CS by facing it head on, yes they are not Apple but they are light years ahead of where Apple were was at the same stage of its development.
In life it's always much easier to throw stones and get on the negative bandwagon, than it is to stand up and face your problems , and I think given time DJI will do this.

2016-8-9
Use props
walterh2o2014
lvl.1

Australia

I am very disapointed with the DJI Support. It took almost 10 month to replace some faulty batteries. This is ridiculous! I have been send all over the world. Starting in China to Netherlands to Germany back to China back to Germany back to China to finaly end up in Australia where from I submited the case. I noticed that there is a big communication issue in the company! After I finaly came to a solution with the Support and they told me if the batteries been found foulty they will be replaced over the warranty. I admitted to send them in to the Australien repair center as I was certain that they are faulty. The repair center on the other hand told me the batteries are faulty but I have to pay for the repair!? It took another month as they ask for more proof and information which they easy could have get from the case numbers or from the flight records of my account which I provided.
And there is a lot more:
-I have been told my whole drone is broken and I have to send it in on my cost (as written in the policies DJI covers the cost and the drone was not faulty at all the guy just made that up)
-I had to commit an illegal act by sending the batteries to the repair center! (You have to fill out a declaration form in Australia to send batteries, as I found out later, or you not alowed to send them)
-I could not use the drone propper in 10 month
-I could not use it at all for the past month which is a big loss as a travel photographer
-batterie records about the faults been deleted with a the software update (have screen shots to proof this)

So over all I am very dissapointed with the DJI Support. For me it felt like the support is just trying to avoid the warranty by giving advices you have to try first (even I told them I am alredy doing this) and asking for more and more proof and information just to push time and anoy the coustomer so they hopefully give up. But thats just my feeling after 10 month. Right!?
2016-8-10
Use props
walterh2o2014
lvl.1

Australia

I am very disapointed with the DJI Support. It took almost 10 month to replace some faulty batteries. This is ridiculous! I have been send all over the world. Starting in China to Netherlands to Germany back to China back to Germany back to China to finaly end up in Australia where from I submited the case. I noticed that there is a big communication issue in the company! After I finaly came to a solution with the Support and they told me if the batteries been found foulty they will be replaced over the warranty. I admitted to send them in to the Australien repair center as I was certain that they are faulty. The repair center on the other hand told me the batteries are faulty but I have to pay for the repair!? It took another month as they ask for more proof and information which they easy could have get from the case numbers or from the flight records of my account which I provided.
And there is a lot more:
-I have been told my whole drone is broken and I have to send it in on my cost (as written in the policies DJI covers the cost and the drone was not faulty at all the guy just made that up)
-I had to commit an illegal act by sending the batteries to the repair center! (You have to fill out a declaration form in Australia to send batteries, as I found out later, or you not alowed to send them)
-I could not use the drone propper in 10 month
-I could not use it at all for the past month which is a big loss as a travel photographer
-batterie records about the faults been deleted with a the software update (have screen shots to proof this)

So over all I am very dissapointed with the DJI Support. For me it felt like the support is just trying to avoid the warranty by giving advices you have to try first (even I told them I am alredy doing this) and asking for more and more proof and information just to push time and anoy the coustomer so they hopefully give up. But thats just my feeling after 10 month. Right!?
2016-8-10
Use props
eurasia29
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110955 ft

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-8-31 09:24
I can only relate to my own experience, and they @DJI have been exemplary.
All my questions and inqu ...

The same for me.
It is a pleasure to chat with them. They always search a solution and they are always friendly.
2016-8-11
Use props
eurasia29
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110955 ft

1111 Posted at 2015-9-1 00:47
worst CS  I've ever experienced.

Did you try Microsoft ?
2016-8-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

eurasia29 Posted at 2016-8-11 12:33
The same for me.
It is a pleasure to chat with them. They always search a solution and they are al ...

I have to believe that a lot is gained from having a positive approach from the beginning.
If you enter the conversation confrontationally, then the outcome may often end fruitlessly.

Who's fault or blame is that?

RedHotPoker
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

walterh2o2014@g Posted at 2016-8-11 09:52
I am very disapointed with the DJI Support. It took almost 10 month to replace some faulty batteries ...

I'm sorry for your experience, What is your RMA number and I will have your entire 10 month email chain analyzed to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.
If it's 100% DJI's problem and no fault of your own in the shipping process then it is unacceptable.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

eurasia29 Posted at 2016-8-12 02:33
The same for me.
It is a pleasure to chat with them. They always search a solution and they are al ...

Great, thank you for posting.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-12 02:41
I have to believe that a lot is gained from having a positive approach from the beginning.
If you  ...

100% agree.
2016-8-11
Use props
The_Don
New

United States

To DJI-Ken,

Can you give me some advice on how to have more success communicating with DJI Support?

Specifically, I have not been able to connect using Chat.  I have tried 3 different browsers, on 4 different computers, 3 different OS's, in 3 different locations (ISPs).
Does Chat require some Java version, browser settings, cookies, port settings, etc?

The next problem was the Email link in support provides a web page form to fill all my information in and Submit.
When I called the US support center 3 days later he checked and found no record as having received that information.
Does your Email form actually work? Are you receiving email that way?

The support person I talked with was nice and sent me an email with a list of the information needed to start a ticket and get an RMA started.
The email said "Your request(#259389)has been updated, please reply the email or click the link below."
There was no "link" to click.  And I did "Reply" with all my detailed information.
And I have Replied 3 more times... and still no response or knowledge if my emails have been received.
Which is best... to reply to "support@dji.com" or "Gabrielle G (DJI) [support@dji.com]"?  
Does the person's name in the email address get routed to that person vs. going into the huge "support" email box?
I at least expect an email back that says "your information has been received".

If I didn't have DJI Care I would have just paid the dealer a bunch of money last week and been able to keep my photo shoot opportunity.
But with DJI Care I am forced to go to the US repair center.
Why can't DJI utilize their "authorized dealers and repair centers" to distribute the support needs?

I await your advice.  Thank you.
2016-8-13
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

United States

Honestly I think they try their best. A lot of people break the drones themselves and expect free repairs. This is a business you know
2016-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules