auto landing?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAViator53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

My M30T used to stop at about 2 feet, and only land with left stick down. I liked that. Did something, don't know what, but now it comes in all the way to the ground with left throttle, no stopping at 2 feet.

What did I change???
2023-8-8
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

Precision landing in the options or downward facing collision sensors are turned off. Pretty sure it's precision landing that does the auto landing when you hold down the left stick after it reaches a certain height from the ground.
2023-8-8
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Craig_Tas Posted at 8-8 19:49
Precision landing in the options or downward facing collision sensors are turned off. Pretty sure it's precision landing that does the auto landing when you hold down the left stick after it reaches a certain height from the ground.

Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow.
2023-8-8
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

UAViator53 Posted at 8-8 20:50
Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Found the precision landing option off. Many thanks

Since I have your attention; What settings do I tweak so it won't stop so rough; I prefer a nice slow coast to stop.
2023-8-9
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

UAViator53 Posted at 8-9 19:12

Since I have your attention; What settings do I tweak so it won't stop so rough; I prefer a nice slow coast to stop.

Disable RTK if not needed and be gentle with the sticks :-)
2023-8-9
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 8-9 22:00
Disable RTK if not needed and be gentle with the sticks :-)

I am as gentle as......Can't say it here. I will check RTK. I'm flummoxed by the M30, seems like DJI dropped common features from previous drones we have become accustomed to. Every DJI product has a setting to adjust breaking from a very sudden stop to a gentle slowing down. Even my 600 does it.

Wanna do a POI orbit?  Well, you have to screw around with mapping...why??? It's almost like they design every drone from scratch. My FD pilots noticed and do get annoyed at having to learn new methods to do old stuff.
2023-8-10
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

UAViator53 Posted at 8-10 06:02
I am as gentle as......Can't say it here. I will check RTK. I'm flummoxed by the M30, seems like DJI dropped common features from previous drones we have become accustomed to. Every DJI product has a setting to adjust breaking from a very sudden stop to a gentle slowing down. Even my 600 does it.

Wanna do a POI orbit?  Well, you have to screw around with mapping...why??? It's almost like they design every drone from scratch. My FD pilots noticed and do get annoyed at having to learn new methods to do old stuff.

"It's almost like they design every drone from scratch"

^THIS.
2023-8-10
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

UAViator53 Posted at 8-9 19:12

I am guessing you are refering to the braking strength of the drone?
If that is the case there is nothing you can do. Don't worry you are not alone.
2023-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules