1178 14 2023-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got the Osmo Action 4 a few days ago and have to say, I love it. I got the adventure combo. I had the original osmo action and loved it. When the action 2 came out, the modular design sold me on it but I ended up using my osmo action more. To be honest, I didn't enjoy the action 2 very much but it did have its uses. I skipped the action 3 but when the 4 came out, I had to try it. I'm really glad I did. I'm not saying the action 2 was a bad camera, not at all. Just wasn't suited for everything I did. Thank you to the entire Osmo team for the hard work that's went into the action 4 and all the Osmo lineup. This one will definitely be the first camera I grab out of my lineup for my action shots!!
2023-8-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Congrats on getting a good camera.
I skipped Action 2 but have rest.
2023-8-12
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s a really well designed camera with excellent video quality. In a way, I’m really glad that they didn’t do anything ‘massive’ in comparison to the 3 so we have a great camera that is also reliable. It’ll generate more heat, but that’s physics for you! I enjoy using this one more than any other camera that I own because it’s fuss free and gives such great results.
2023-8-12
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

.......... ..........
2023-8-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on getting the OA4 Jody.  

I was looking at getting the OA3 but the initial issues it had I went with the GoPro 11.  I've taken a long, hard look at OA4 but just can't pull the trigger on it yet as the GoPro 11 does everything I need it to do.  
2023-8-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-12 08:51
Congrats on getting the OA4 Jody.  

I was looking at getting the OA3 but the initial issues it had I went with the GoPro 11.  I've taken a long, hard look at OA4 but just can't pull the trigger on it yet as the GoPro 11 does everything I need it to do.

Absolutely understandable. I’ve seen the comparison videos and the difference to me is down to perspective and use case. Each has their good and not so good. And I was seriously considering the hero 11 until the oa4 dropped and I thought I’d hold off and see the reviews and decided on the oa4. So far, it’s been a great addition to my filming collection.
2023-8-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 8-12 09:08
Absolutely understandable. I’ve seen the comparison videos and the difference to me is down to perspective and use case. Each has their good and not so good. And I was seriously considering the hero 11 until the oa4 dropped and I thought I’d hold off and see the reviews and decided on the oa4. So far, it’s been a great addition to my filming collection.

You sure had Christmas in the summer Jody - Air 3 and OA4.  Nothing beats new toys in the summer time.  
2023-8-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-12 09:22
You sure had Christmas in the summer Jody - Air 3 and OA4.  Nothing beats new toys in the summer time.

I agree. I also picked up the DjI mic set. One might start to think I’m a fan boy. But I’m not. I had the rode wireless go II set and never really was satisfied with how I had to hook everything up to get it to work for me. The DJI setup is so much simpler for me. And for what I do, it does that well. Only thing about the mic, with iPhone it only allows for mono input to the iPhone so I have to look into an adapter to use usb c to lighting. But still, what I’ve tinkered with so far still sounds decent, just would rather have the separated audio channels for work in post.
2023-8-12
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 8-12 09:30
I agree. I also picked up the DjI mic set. One might start to think I’m a fan boy. But I’m not. I had the rode wireless go II set and never really was satisfied with how I had to hook everything up to get it to work for me. The DJI setup is so much simpler for me. And for what I do, it does that well. Only thing about the mic, with iPhone it only allows for mono input to the iPhone so I have to look into an adapter to use usb c to lighting. But still, what I’ve tinkered with so far still sounds decent, just would rather have the separated audio channels for work in post.

I went out today with the DJI wireless mic and it was flawless. I didn’t connect leaving the receiver hanging from the little USB dongle. I put the camera into a cage with a coldshoe, so the receiver sat a little safer and connected usbC to usbC so no 3.5 mm adapter in the way. I stuck a lavalier into the transmitter which really frees you up.

I’ve now made up a mini bag with the DJI mic, camera and a mini cube light and a handle as a separate package. So quick to just grab the case on the way out and minutes to set up.
2023-8-12
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-12 09:57
I went out today with the DJI wireless mic and it was flawless. I didn’t connect leaving the receiver hanging from the little USB dongle. I put the camera into a cage with a coldshoe, so the receiver sat a little safer and connected usbC to usbC so no 3.5 mm adapter in the way. I stuck a lavalier into the transmitter which really frees you up.

I’ve now made up a mini bag with the DJI mic, camera and a mini cube light and a handle as a separate package. So quick to just grab the case on the way out and minutes to set up.

I have two different “jump bags” one for the drone and one for regular things. The Dji mic has to go between bags as I didn’t get a second set of mics. Made later if what I’m doing begins to get to be a pain lol
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JodyB. Thank you for reaching out.  We really appreciate your feedback and we thank you for your kind words. Rest assured that we will continue doing our best to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 8-12 09:30
I agree. I also picked up the DjI mic set. One might start to think I’m a fan boy. But I’m not. I had the rode wireless go II set and never really was satisfied with how I had to hook everything up to get it to work for me. The DJI setup is so much simpler for me. And for what I do, it does that well. Only thing about the mic, with iPhone it only allows for mono input to the iPhone so I have to look into an adapter to use usb c to lighting. But still, what I’ve tinkered with so far still sounds decent, just would rather have the separated audio channels for work in post.

Wow, that was a triple treat.  
2023-8-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congrats !
2023-10-7
Use props
JodyB