Blue Stickers
3649 17 2023-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is possibly a question that many might want the answer to ......

What are those 4 round sticker things on the blue plastic sheet that comes with the Action 4 actually for? Anyone know?
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Iancraig10. Thank you for reaching out. Let us confirm this with our relevant team. We'll let you know once we receive an update. Thank you.
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for patiently waiting. This blue sticker is called Anti-Slip Pad. You may use this if the accessory and the Quick-Release Adapter Mount are not firmly connected. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-13
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah, thank you. I noticed that the mount that comes with the camera has a slightly raised area and the older ones don’t, so I guess these little rings make it a tighter fit for the older mounts.

They are easily confused with those Rode wind jammers where the sticky ring sits over the mic port and a fluffy cover is stuck over the mic port.
2023-8-13
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone post a picture of the round stickers.
Thank
2023-8-13
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

The magic of search engines…

2023-8-13
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

So if I have three or four of the original quick release adapter mounts and I buy an OA4 I will need three of four sets of those rings in order to have a proper fit to the new camera?  Is that correct?  If so are they easily and cheaply (ha ha) available as an accessory?  Will the OA4 rattle loosely if mounted on the older quick release without those little rings?
2023-8-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’m not certain why they were changed tbh. I think I get a rattle from Action 2 mounts but not the 4 mount. It also depends on the tolerances of what you’re attaching to.
2023-8-16
Use props
Panko Go
lvl.3

Netherlands

The Anti Slip Pad (Ring Sticker) is supposed to be used when the Quick Release Adapter Mount is moving no matter how hard you have screwed the thumbscrew in on the extra accessory (for example bike mount, handlebar mount). Due to the speed and bumps and wind the action camera can wiggle/slip to the front or back even if you screwed the thumbscrew hard into the accessory.  The rings can then be used to prevent it from moving and make it more secure so that it stays in place even during a very rough ride. The placement of the ring is best seated on the inside between quick release and accessory (one is mostly adequate and is best placed on the Quick Release Mount hole). But most original accessories should have an adequate strong hold without the need for anti-slip rings/pads (but in some extreme sports/rides it can move due to bumpiness or vibration). If you go for an after-market/third-party accessory the fit between that and the original quick-release plate may not be the best and can move around (since the spacing might not be the best fit and a bit too lose no matter how hard you screw the thumbscrew in).

Hope that this explains the rings and confusion around it, it is not supposed to be placed on top of the quick release (where the rubber padding is) where the DJI Action would be seated with magnets (hence the holes in the anti-slip pad so that the thumbscrew can go through it.
2023-8-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you Panko Go. When you receive the camera, there is no description of what to do with them!
2023-8-16
Use props
PankoGO
lvl.3

Netherlands

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-16 12:25
Thank you Panko Go. When you receive the camera, there is no description of what to do with them!

Yeah, I wish that it was explained on the box or in the instruction manual.

The same with the added lens hood (other than the added warning that the camera is no longer waterproof with it, I had no idea why it was included).

Every unboxing and review video skipped over it without explaining. Until I saw the iPhonedo review video on YT.

(For those that want to know, the added Lens hood is a protective hood that allows extra light into the lens vs the standard one with glass, this allows the camera to shoot at lower ISO without changing the shutter speed since it captures more light compared to the standard lens with glass).
2023-8-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh yes, I forgot about that hood. I found out about that one from YouTube. Weird that it isn’t explained!
2023-8-16
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

They could possibly go on your shoes, too (one on the front and one on the back) so you won't slip while holding the camera on ice. :-)
2023-8-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It looks like Osmo thinks of everything, except telling the customer about it……..
2023-8-16
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I'm not sure how thin they are but I have a coupla adapters (some plastic, some aluminum) and there's virtually zero clearance to put anything between the this and the that. Usually the aluminum adapters are hard to tighten, but I have one of these that takes care of things pretty darn well.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005392895448.html

wrench.jpg
2023-8-16
Use props
skysailor64
Second Officer
United States

Thanks Panko Go, That makes sense and removes a small concern for me regarding the OA4.  DJI could do a heck of a lot better in the description department!
2023-8-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

PankoGO Posted at 8-16 13:04
Yeah, I wish that it was explained on the box or in the instruction manual.

The same with the added lens hood (other than the added warning that the camera is no longer waterproof with it, I had no idea why it was included).

Thanks for explaining it to us, I didn't even check out that lens hood and thought it was just a spare glass element.
2023-8-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-13 22:39
Ah, thank you. I noticed that the mount that comes with the camera has a slightly raised area and the older ones don’t, so I guess these little rings make it a tighter fit for the older mounts.

They are easily confused with those Rode wind jammers where the sticky ring sits over the mic port and a fluffy cover is stuck over the mic port.

You are most welcome, Iancraig10. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules