RTK won't connect after M300 Firmware update to use RC Plus
1252 4 2023-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

The M300 will no longer connect to the DRTK-2 base after updating the firmware to enable the use of the RC Plus.
To be honest for the a enterprise level drone I am not happy with the support for the RC Plus.

Promised years ago it would be compatible, finally becomes compatible and it feels like you are using some kind of unofficial hacked firmware to get it working.
You can't even use the original controller which would have been nice for a second operator but is now a paperweight. It doesn't communicate with the M300 charging station via USB for firmware and battery health information...

Had a bunch of errors for avionics while my AVSS parachute system was installed, so I had to remove that to make them stop... What have you done to my favourite drone?
2023-8-15
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

I "migrated" to the RC Plus on my M300, no issue at the moment. Quite happy...Expect the no backward compatibility with the Smart Controller.
Which error did you get with AVSS? I use the PRS300 also without issue ( until now ).

ps: I don't use DRTK, but RTK via NTRIP.
2023-8-15
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

I'm and idiot, fixed all issues... Parachute wasn't working as I changed firmware of course and didn't set the SDK settings required for it to work and the RTK system wasn't selected on the controller to use. It's been a hard few months and I was just not thinking.
2023-9-4
Use props
dim.kyr
lvl.2

Switzerland

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 8-15 23:53
I "migrated" to the RC Plus on my M300, no issue at the moment. Quite happy...Expect the no backward compatibility with the Smart Controller.
Which error did you get with AVSS? I use the PRS300 also without issue ( until now ).

@AR_AirPrecision, @Craig_Tas can I ask you how do you use the RTK with M300 and RC Plus?

I have the M300 and rc pro and I am interested to switch to RC Plus. But I heard that DJI does not provide 4G dongle in Europe (at least) for RC plus.

Do you use wifi hotspot to provide internet to the controller?

Your feedback will be very useful.

Thanks a lot in advance.
2023-9-7
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

dim.kyr Posted at 9-7 04:06
@AR_AirPrecision, @Craig_Tas can I ask you how do you use the RTK with M300 and RC Plus?

I have the M300 and rc pro and I am interested to switch to RC Plus. But I heard that DJI does not provide 4G dongle in Europe (at least) for RC plus.

I managed to get an official DJI 4G dongle via an DJI Enterprise supplier in the Netherlands for the RC+.
ps: the hotspot thing is a pain, I only use a Mifi as a backup.
2023-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules