3509 6 2023-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, this video proves that the new Dji Action 4 kicks butt when it comes to overheating. GoPro really does have a problem:

2023-8-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Good test.
I am amazed that ONE RS also only run out of battery like OA4.
2023-8-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting test.  However, GoPro removes the heat through the mount on the bottom of the camera versus the Action 4 on the front of the camera. The GoPro heat sink is covered by the table. If you mount the GoPro on a metal tripod, it won't overheat.  For a more accurate test he could have at least turned the GoPro upside down and extended the feet.  

Having said all this I think the OA4 is still the better buy.  
2023-8-17
Use props
darkdalek
New
Slovakia

One of the first things I noticed when I got mine OA4 was the heat.  Camera can really be just ON not recording anything and overheat like crazy.
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

darkdalek Posted at 8-29 11:09
One of the first things I noticed when I got mine OA4 was the heat.  Camera can really be just ON not recording anything and overheat like crazy.

Hello there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Osmo Action 4 mainly focuses on sports scenarios such as skiing, diving, and cycling, where wind can assist the camera in heat dissipation when recording videos with a high resolution or frame rate, which, thereby, makes it possible to record longer videos. If you mainly use it to record your daily life or activities, we recommend you record at 1080p@30fps, as 1080p@30fps is currently the mainstream video format online, and it can also reduce your storage space and facilitate your editing afterward. Tell us if you have further concerns, we are more than glad to help. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2023-10-20
Use props
Cody Coco
New

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-17 02:59
Interesting test.  However, GoPro removes the heat through the mount on the bottom of the camera versus the Action 4 on the front of the camera. The GoPro heat sink is covered by the table. If you mount the GoPro on a metal tripod, it won't overheat.  For a more accurate test he could have at least turned the GoPro upside down and extended the feet.  

Having said all this I think the OA4 is still the better buy.

Gonna have to call bull... on this. Had my gopro 11 on a tripod, in the shade, in the low 60s today and had it overheat after about 20ish minutes recording 4k 60fps. In my experience any time you shoot above mid tier settings you have to baby these things. It's funny because they supposedly are sensitive to cold as well but in Louisiana that hasn't been a problem so far. It works great for short clips but it gets really annoying having to check the camera constantly to make sure it's working unless it's in the thermal sweet spot of 50 degrees +/- maybe 5 degrees or if you periodically "sweat" the device with water. Bonus points for too much sunlight being a death sentence for an "action" camera that simultaneously has too small of an aperture for non bright recording. The engineers behind this should realize a functioning device is more important than a cute form factor but I've recognized their extreme incompetence and will probably get a DJI or something else more reasonable next.
2023-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules