12Next >
20304 64 2023-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 828934 ft
United States

UPDATE: Happy to annouce the DJI Fly app is Confirmed working on Android 14 Beta and Official release.
I asked a Large group of Android 14 users to test and see if the Fly app was forcing closed and it was. UNITL
They uninstalled the DJI Fly App and redownloaded and reinstalled.
When you download it from DJI Download center you have to do this

Here is a link to the Screen recording of how to install it This HOW TO link only lasts 6 days

https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/vD5AaeSfbw7T

So if your on a PIXEL or a Samsung on Android 14 beta or 14 official,  the app is confirmed working.

Here is a Screenshot:  
Hope this helps.

Screenshot 2023-10-18 170649.jpg

Original post below:
After reading for hours now and trying multiple ways, I can no longer fly my drone due to The Fly app not being compatable with Android 14.

Now this has been brought up over 3 months ago, and it still dont work?

Since our drones are now useless my question: Is there any way to Fly my DJI Air 2S When the Flyapp is Not compatible?

Should I buy a OLD junky phone to use?

Thses are the issues
  • android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS
  • com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES

• com.huawei.appmarket.service.commondata.permission.GET_COMMON_DATA                     "<<<<<<<<<< ANDROID 14 BLOCKS THIS FORIEGN APPMARKET"

• android.permission.RAISED_THREAD_PRIORITY

ALSO BLOCKS THESE COLLECTION STRINGS.
http://apiinit.amap.com/v3/log/init http://apilocate.amap.com/mobile/binary http://aps.testing.amap.com/LoadOfflineData/repeatData http://aps.testing.amap.com/collection/collectData?src=baseCol&ver=v74& http://aps.testing.amap.com/collection/collectData?src=extCol&ver=v74& http://aps.testing.amap.com/conf/r?type=3&mid=300&sver=140 http://aps.testing.amap.com/dataPipeline/uploadData http://cgicol.amap.com/collection/collectData?src=baseCol&ver=v74& http://cgicol.amap.com/collection/collectData?src=extCol&ver=v74& http://cgicol.amap.com/dataPipeline/uploadData http://control.aps.amap.com/conf/r?type=3&mid=300&sver=140
WHAT DO WE DO?

2023-8-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. This issue is caused by the incompatibility of the app. Currently, DJI engineers have determined the cause of the issue, please wait for the release of Google's official Android 14 version, and our DJI Fly will be compatible with official version as soon as possible, please rest assured. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-17
Use props
WazaBe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32477 ft

France

Really interesting permission, thanks...
2023-8-18
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Has the Android 14 OS been released in full or is it still in beta?
2023-8-18
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28650751 ft
  • >>>
United States

dreamtuner Posted at 8-18 02:16
Has the Android 14 OS been released in full or is it still in beta?

It is still in beta. Consumers cannot expect DJI to play with beta releases and quickly adapt Fly to those.
2023-8-18
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 8-18 03:29
It is still in beta. Consumers cannot expect DJI to play with beta releases and quickly adapt Fly to those.

They have admitted they know the issue since April of this year. Every other app in the planet that worked on android 13 now works on android 14  perfectly. YET 4 months later they still haven't gave US, the fix.

Can we get a BETA or SOMETHING.

2023-8-18
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE, I used Apktool and android Visual studio with android 14 sdk tools and got the app to work on Android 14, It didnt pass the "privacy Changes test" but Im not posting it to the app store. Took out some lines that are Sus. Everything seems to work. Ill keep you posted.

THOUGHT OF THE DAY"
"Now what was so hard about that?"

Here is a guide, for the new android version and app migration
https://developer.android.com/about/versions/14/migration

2023-8-18
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

My thought exactly
2023-8-19
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE:

MODDED APP WORKING GREAT ON ANDROID 14.

As the admins may be able to tell. The Distance Flown has increased today. I disabled the signature checks, and set some values to 1 or True (NFZ Block can be tricked but I didnt)
The app works Flawlessly. Theres a few areas that are Blocked proprietary. But the basics is yes and no command lines, and the proper install method (changed in android 14)

Anyway Ill Report back in a week or so. I cant share this app in its modified version (Except with the Devs) as The app is technically DJI owned please dont ask.

Your friendly Senior XDA Developer Rob
2023-8-19
Use props
WazaBe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32477 ft

France

You are awesome, man!
2023-8-19
Use props
djiuser_PtYAPUxydrFg
New
Flight distance : 23110 ft
Germany

Any update from DJI? Now as the stable version of Android is delayed to October 4, when are we expecting an update for DJI Fly app? a month or an year?
2023-9-6
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

MODDED APP STILL WORKS GREAT ON ANDROID 14 BETA.

TO BAD WE CANT RELEASE A WORKING VERSION FOR THE CUSTOMERS>
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Robby Balboa Posted at 9-6 04:25
MODDED APP STILL WORKS GREAT ON ANDROID 14 BETA.

TO BAD WE CANT RELEASE A WORKING VERSION FOR THE CUSTOMERS>

Hi there. Thank you for patiently waiting. If you are having issues launching the app on your Android 14 mobile device, please update the DJI Fly app to the latest version as it is already compatible with the Android 14 system. Feel free to contact us if you have inquiries.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_PtYAPUxydrFg Posted at 9-6 04:19
Any update from DJI? Now as the stable version of Android is delayed to October 4, when are we expecting an update for DJI Fly app? a month or an year?

Hi there. Please update the DJI Fly app to the latest version as it already supports the Android 14 system. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-18
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-18 03:23
Hi there. Please update the DJI Fly app to the latest version as it already supports the Android 14 system. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks so Much for the Update. I have been using the "edited" app with no issues. Ill Try the official update now, I disabled update checks so i never saw it ALSO it doesn't state in the Release Notes That is Android 14 Compatible. Maybe they could add that.

Again Thank you Paladin
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Robby Balboa Posted at 9-18 04:09
Thanks so Much for the Update. I have been using the "edited" app with no issues. Ill Try the official update now, I disabled update checks so i never saw it ALSO it doesn't state in the Release Notes That is Android 14 Compatible. Maybe they could add that.

Again Thank you Paladin

You are always welcome, Robby. We will coordinate this feedback of yours to our relevant team. Have a nice day!
2023-9-20
Use props
djiuser_yB9yuJ0zRdKv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 907858 ft
United Kingdom

Why not??
This is EXACTLY what consumers expect. It's also the reason for a beta. A chance to modify things that are incompatible....
2023-10-5
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

djiuser_yB9yuJ0zRdKv Posted at 10-5 08:22
Why not??
This is EXACTLY what consumers expect. It's also the reason for a beta. A chance to modify things that are incompatible....

A beta OS is supposed to be used by DJI developers to implement and test the Fly app on the new OS, not by end users, And they released the working app BEFORE the official release of the OS. A CONSUMER is not supposed to use for a productive purpose any beta version of whatever software solution.
2023-10-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28650751 ft
  • >>>
United States

FabioV Posted at 10-5 11:59
A beta OS is supposed to be used by DJI developers to implement and test the Fly app on the new OS, not by end users, And they released the working app BEFORE the official release of the OS. A CONSUMER is not supposed to use for a productive purpose any beta version of whatever software solution.

I couldn't agree more!
2023-10-6
Use props
Edo majka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60413 ft

Serbia

When you will  update dji go app? Today i instaled oficial android 14 and app wont open!
Dji go app needs to be fixed
2023-10-6
Use props
djiuser_KNslNPXz3JZg
New

Canada

Same here update to 14 and DJI Go crashes
2023-10-10
Use props
StefanR74
New

Netherlands

Can't use my drone anymore! I have a pixel 7 pro, which updated to Android 14. DJI Fly keeps crashing!
2023-10-12
Use props
StefanR74
New

Netherlands

Can't use my drone any more! Have a Pixel 7 Pro which updated to Android 14
2023-10-12
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

StefanR74 Posted at 10-12 02:14
Can't use my drone any more! Have a Pixel 7 Pro which updated to Android 14

If you look at post #18 the Admin said the DJI FLY APP (not go app) was working on android 14. And Now Android 14 IS OFFICIAL.
I cant confirm the app works.
But i would suggest Uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Version of the app

PLEASE let us know if that fixed it or not for all the rest of us Drone lovers. Counting on you!!
2023-10-12
Use props
Drob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51768 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-17 18:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. This issue is caused by the incompatibility of the app. Currently, DJI engineers have determined the cause of the issue, please wait for the release of Google's official Android 14 version, and our DJI Fly will be compatible with official version as soon as possible, please rest assured. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Ok, it's out now.. full on year later....

Anybody at DJI LISTENING??????
2023-10-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Drob Posted at 10-13 17:20
Ok, it's out now.. full on year later....

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Are you referring to the DJI Fly App? If yes, the latest version of the DJI Fly app is now compatible with Android 14. Please note the version showing on our website is V1.11.4 but if you download it, you'll be getting the V1.12.0. We will coordinate this issue with our relevant team to update the website. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-14
Use props
Drob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51768 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-14 23:13
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Are you referring to the DJI Fly App? If yes, the latest version of the DJI Fly app is now compatible with Android 14. Please note the version showing on our website is V1.11.4 but if you download it, you'll be getting the V1.12.0. We will coordinate this issue with our relevant team to update the website. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Any chance of Go 3 getting updated so my Osmo 2 isn't a paperweight?

Sorry for the bad attitude here, but this is the 7th year straight... you'd think by now someone would understand that this might happen again in.. oh let's say about a year...
2023-10-17
Use props
djiuser_iGnjdX1FAHr8
New

Cambodia

It's crashed every new android release
2023-10-17
Use props
djiuser_QZ9Ys44Bi8IY
lvl.1

United States

Can't take this anymore! My business has been stranded for days. All my phones are pixels and all fully updated and now incompatible. Trying to film daily change in leaf colors for a customer and dead in water for days. Known issues for months prior. Looks like the autel got to finish the job. C'mon guys!
2023-10-18
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drob Posted at 10-13 17:20
Ok, it's out now.. full on year later....

It hasn't been a full year since android 14 has been released. It has been a full year since BETA OS has been out. Again, beta OS's are not for OFFICIAL release software. Only for BETA software. You maybe an Android Beta tester or perhaps just someone who found a way to get the beta, but DJI has their own beta software testing and it doesn't include us unfotunately. Even with Apple, they tell you DO NOT INSTALL BETA SOFTWARE on your primary device, in a nut shell, things may not work.
2023-10-18
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

JodyB Posted at 10-18 06:59
It hasn't been a full year since android 14 has been released. It has been a full year since BETA OS has been out. Again, beta OS's are not for OFFICIAL release software. Only for BETA software. You maybe an Android Beta tester or perhaps just someone who found a way to get the beta, but DJI has their own beta software testing and it doesn't include us unfotunately. Even with Apple, they tell you DO NOT INSTALL BETA SOFTWARE on your primary device, in a nut shell, things may not work.

The Official release is out They stated above that android 14 Now works on DJI fly app in post 18 or this thread.

I took their DJI Fly app and modded it to work with android 14  2 months ago. It took 45 minutes to get the app working on android 14.

IF THE ADMINS WILL ALLOW ME ILL SHARE THE MODDED APK (Fly app)

I gave them instructions back in the top of this thread.

MODS LET ME KNOW - Senior XDA developer
2023-10-18
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_QZ9Ys44Bi8IY Posted at 10-18 06:45
Can't take this anymore! My business has been stranded for days. All my phones are pixels and all fully updated and now incompatible. Trying to film daily change in leaf colors for a customer and dead in water for days. Known issues for months prior. Looks like the autel got to finish the job. C'mon guys!

HAve you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? in Post 18 of this thread they claim the app supports android 14 now.
2023-10-18
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Robby Balboa Posted at 10-18 07:08
The Official release is out They stated above that android 14 Now works on DJI fly app in post 18 or this thread.

I took their DJI Fly app and modded it to work with android 14  2 months ago. It took 45 minutes to get the app working on android 14.

Commendable that you took the effort. You remind me of myself in that sense. I totally get it too, but in reality, they do not have the obligation to release an update for compatibility until after the official release, and even then it doesn't have to be on the same day, or even the same week as the official release. Although I do agree it should be pretty spot on with a compatibility release. I would almost bet they already knew what they had to change for compatibility with the new OS. DJI has a history of dragging their feet and making us customers bang our heads against the wall.
2023-10-18
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

Okay I just asked a LARGE group of Android 14 beta and OFFICIAL release users to Test the DJI Fly App, To see if it works. They didn't need drones because if it works it opens and stays open, When it dont work it just immediately force closes.

It may be a while to get a full set of replies but I will Keep everyone informed about that and if I can get permission to release or share the Modded one i made for myself.
2023-10-18
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

Okay the App Confirmed Works with Android 14 Beta and official. I just got a response from a whole crew. Some had to delete the app and redownload and reinstall

Here's a screenshot
2023-10-18
Use props
Harry Constand
New

Australia

I have just updated to Android 14 and my DJI 4 app does not open. I have tried downloading/updating from the DJI site but Google will not allow.
I have a Google pixel 6 pro.
No matter how often I have downloaded it won't allow.
2023-10-18
Use props
Harry Constand
New

Australia

My DJI app not working since updating to Android 14. I can't even download app from DJI site as Google does not allow and Google play store does not have the app.
I have a Google pixel 6pro phone. Was all good with Android 13.
Basically rendering my mavic pro useless. Is there some way to fix this??
2023-10-19
Use props
Harry Constand
New

Australia

I have tried to update to latest version since updating to Android 14 but Google will not allow.
What am I to do?
2023-10-19
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
United States

Harry Constand Posted at 10-19 01:07
I have tried to update to latest version since updating to Android 14 but Google will not allow.
What am I to do?

When you download it from DJI Download center you have to do this

Here is a link to the Screen recording of how to install it

https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/vD5AaeSfbw7T
2023-10-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Drob Posted at 10-17 11:33
Any chance of Go 3 getting updated so my Osmo 2 isn't a paperweight?

Sorry for the bad attitude here, but this is the 7th year straight... you'd think by now someone would understand that this might happen again in.. oh let's say about a year...

Thank you for your feedback. We will coordinate this request with our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-10-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules